Stock Headcovers vs. Aftermarket Headcovers

To me the stock head cover has the potential to say “steal me”. So I keep them aside and use aftermarket covers until the clubs are sold. Then the original goes with.

I have a few I have purchased from courses or had made. Those mean the world to me. The stock covers don’t generally get used.

My fascination with headcovers came from always trading or selling clubs and wanting to keep the original headcover in unused condition. Realizing the stock headcover would never be utilized, the world of aftermarket headcovers opened up for me. I am not a headcover collector, but I do have quite a few different ones from vulgar covers to ones I just like the color or pattern. What do you do with the stock headcover ??
Save it for in case i sell the club. Agree that stock head over is an advertisement for steal me.

My fascination with headcovers came from always trading or selling clubs and wanting to keep the original headcover in unused condition. Realizing the stock headcover would never be utilized, the world of aftermarket headcovers opened up for me. I am not a headcover collector, but I do have quite a few different ones from vulgar covers to ones I just like the color or pattern. What do you do with the stock headcover ??
I keep them in a basket - my kids lose them all the time, when the basket is too full, we donate them to the course to give to kids or adults that buy secondhand clubs and don’t have headcovers

I've used aftermarket in the past. With my new set, I'm going to use the stock head covers.

Well, almost all the stock covers. The "No Three Jacks" putter cover is getting used. 😁

I love adding flare with aftermarket covers too, so I hide the stock covers to justify the "need" to protect my clubs everytime they show up at the doorstep to the other half.

I use aftermarket covers, tuck the stock ones away until I get rid of the club. Call me paranoid, but I don't like advertising what's in my bag to everybody walking by if it happens to be unattended somewhere. Thieves gonna thieve, but at least it helps reduce the temptation.
This is why I like Seamus headcovers so much. They send old man vibes which I feel like might be even less desirable to sticky fingers.

Can we see what your current bag looks like?

I dropped $11 and upped my game big time today, now I have a black and white theme. Didn’t need the skull guy but thought it was cool. Thinking about taking a Sharpie to the plain Jane and writing “Prototype - Tour Use Only” on it.

🤣739DD799-9DA0-4EDE-BBA0-07BED1A23ACA.jpeg

Ten Four. I just got the Blue Tux (Harry) headcover from PRG and I am a huge fan of all things Tattoo Golf. I know folks have opinions on Iron covers, but I got these off Amazon and I love them.

Attachments

• 73170B55-A5CE-4B0D-A914-026095770DAE.jpeg
    73170B55-A5CE-4B0D-A914-026095770DAE.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 12
I tend to keep them and give them to whomever I send the club off to when I am finished with it.

I like aftermarket covers.
Usually aloha, tiki or surf/ocean themed.

I just keep the original headcovers, but really haven't ever thought what to do with them beyond keeping them. I don't tend to sell a lot of clubs, so it's not like I'm keeping it for that, just hate to throw it away.

Stock for me... Never ventured into the world of after market ones... Who knows, maybe that will be a thing for me in 2023.

A

Back