Stroke Lab Black #7 Toe Up Putter

Interesting putter and concept.

I have struggled with toe up putters in the past. I may give it a try, but I doubt it will win me over

Good article. I doubt it is a putter made for me, but I appreciate the option. On a side note: I accidentally hit 1 on the rating instead of 5 and it won’t let me change. Fat fingers...

F95E755C-406B-498B-9F0A-706ABEC59277.png

As much as I love the Seven design, I want to like this version too but the looks are tough for me to overcome. Might or might not help that my current arsenal of putters are so money I can’t see myself changing anytime soon. If it’s in the store the next time I ever decide to stop in, I’ll roll it but it’s probably staying on the rack after.

Might have to give this a roll just to see how it compares to the LV. The look doesn't throw me off statically but I wonder how it will fell in the stroke itself.

I appreciate the effort but this putter isn’t for me. I doubt I’d even give it a few rolls in a store.

Very interesting look. I would give it a roll just to see how it was.

I don't hate the look and it's an interesting concept. The shaft in the rear of the putter makes it look like the face would twist easily, but I know Odyssey knows what they're doing. I'd roll it if I came across one in the store.

@JB - are you going to take it out for a spin? Do you know if a TT version will follow?

@JB - are you going to take it out for a spin?

Been rolling it in our office for the last 24 hours since it arrived. I was definitely in the "what a weird look camp" but it rolls pretty darn nice.

Color me fascinated......as someone who greatly benefits from a face balanced putter, and personally loves the shape of a #7......this one has me verrrrrryyyyyyyy intrigued. I was recently given the opportunity to try a different brand center shafted putter and i loved it. Hated the sound and feel but loved the center shaft. I am interested.....lol

i do however find it interesting that all new STROKE LABS (black version) are $299........this one is $199?? Triple track....$249...

I would be very curious to see what happens with this putter in the directed force L.A.B. revealer. By the way, I am not saying directed force putters are the best.. haha. I am just curious what this would do.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Odyssey, a big fan of the #7, and a fan of Center-Shafted putters but I will have to pass on this one. But like the Truss, if it works I may be able to get over the looks.

Been rolling it in our office for the last 24 hours since it arrived. I was definitely in the "what a weird look camp" but it rolls pretty darn nice.
when setting up to the ball do you find the putter closes?
if you sat the putter down on its own, do you see a slight turn of it closed?

when setting up to the ball do you find the putter closes?
if you sat the putter down on its own, do you see a slight turn of it closed?

Okay so I just walked over to the putting green and tried it multiple times.
Tried normal setup. Tried just dropping it. Tried one handed placing it.
Didn't have it turn slightly closed at all honestly.

That design doesn't speak to me.

Okay so I just walked over to the putting green and tried it multiple times.
Tried normal setup. Tried just dropping it. Tried one handed placing it.
Didn't have it turn slightly closed at all honestly.
then im all screwed up.
i was completely sure i needed a face balanced center shafted putter for my putting stroke which still could be correct, but the center shaft phantom x 6 str when i lay it down it closes like no other, i have to literally put my hands forward and turn the putter open. i immediately noticed it the first time i got it just recently.

while i understand the odyssey 7 is a toe up, im confused with the bend in the shaft and what its doing.

Looks kinda like a mini Jailbird.

Outright ugly.

This would be an easy pass for me .

Uggo...not feeling that. I think I saw someone on tour using one though.

did the original toe up putters sell well?

did the original toe up putters sell well?

Moderately well. Those that were fit into them or liked them, REALLY liked them.

Back