Struggling From Between 30 and 70 Yards Out

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been striking the ball really well lately, especially with my driver. I am consistently hitting over 270 which is leaving me some short shots to the green on a few holes. I am struggling from this distance though (30-70 yards). I either hit it crisp and it comes up short, or hit it fat when I try swinging harder. I use my 56* from this distance most of the time. From 80 yards I hit it full with no wind with little or no problems, anything less and I am toast!

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

This is a great topic here. There are 2 ways to hit shorter iron shots. First option is to swing slower. The fear here is it is easy to hit a weak push from this. Option 2 is a bit of a setup and technique change. Try this. Pre set 60-70 percent of your weight into your front foot. This lean will get you steeper into the ball for better contact. The key here is to keep the weight there during the swing. Your low body should feel frozen. This limited body action will take distance away, while allowing you to stay aggressive through the ball.

This is a great topic here. There are 2 ways to hit shorter iron shots. First option is to swing slower. The fear here is it is easy to hit a weak push from this. Option 2 is a bit of a setup and technique change. Try this. Pre set 60-70 percent of your weight into your front foot. This lean will get you steeper into the ball for better contact. The key here is to keep the weight there during the swing. Your low body should feel frozen. This limited body action will take distance away, while allowing you to stay aggressive through the ball.

Thanks! I will try option #2 next time out. Hope I see some success!

Thanks for the question and answers here. I'm plagued with this problem as well so can't wait to get out and try these tips.

Back