Subtle Patriot Covert Stand Bag Review

Bringing this back up because I’m thinking of starting to walk the course. During the summer was this an overly hot bag being black? Any other long term durability issues?
Nah. No issues in the color of the bag, and the straps are plenty breathable.

Bringing this back up because I’m thinking of starting to walk the course. During the summer was this an overly hot bag being black? Any other long term durability issues?
The base is all plastic, which may get scratched up on concrete. It also provides no grip on cement. However, there is no problem on grass.

The fabric surround at the top of the club well is riveted on the outside and attached with velcro on the inside. I have pulled it out with a club, but that rarely happens.

The 2 internal dividers are just attached at the top and bottom, and the top divider design funnels clubs to the outside perimeter (Woode this ain't). This can sometimes cause a minor club tangling issue.

The water bottle holder is at a weird angle, and won't hold more than a 710mL/24oz tall Gator/Powerade. (side note for all OEMs: a 6 mil plastic waterproof liner is not insulation, stop calling it that)

I wish the padding on the hidden pocket was thicker.

The "molded hard panel" valuables pocket needs no molded hard panel as the pocket extends below said molded hard panel, rendering the molded hard panel pointless.

The carry handle is poop.

Otherwise the bag works as intended with no major complaints. The floating straps let the bag balance itself. The self-closing pocket is unique. The legs are wide and sturdy.

Back