SuperStroke S-Tech Grips

Yea +3 (so 4 total) across the entire grip is pretty typical to achieve "midsize", and an additional 4 wraps as well on the bottom section (so 8 total) to get midsize and the +4 on the lower hand feeling.

So wrap it 3 times the entire length of the grip and then wrap the lower half another 4 times? Doesn't sound too difficult. Is there any specific wrap I should purchase?

So wrap it 3 times the entire length of the grip and then wrap the lower half another 4 times? Doesn't sound too difficult. Is there any specific wrap I should purchase?

Yea, so you'd start with the normal one wrap, then add what you stated. I use the tape you can just get from golf galaxy or golfworks. Some people like to use masking tape or painters tape to build layers, but I just use the normal grip tape and buy the big rolls haha.

Yea, so you'd start with the normal one wrap, then add what you stated. I use the tape you can just get from golf galaxy or golfworks. Some people like to use masking tape or painters tape to build layers, but I just use the normal grip tape and buy the big rolls haha.

Awesome! I will have to try this out when it's regripping time. Thanks for the help, brotha!

Picked up one to try today. Red or Gray was a huge decision. Probably going to wish I had went red
98b2a7d48873380fe240a9144a46144f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got my first round in yesterday with all 13, they're great and it was a hot and muggy mess by the time the round was over. At the price of these and now that I'm set up to put my own grips on, even if they do wear prematurely, they'll be going back on for a while.

Ok pulled the trigger and ordered the rest along with an American flag putter grip

Full new set of Superstroke. Went S up as I use it for my thumb placement. Putter grip has the weight in it. Be curious how I like that.
a1844771819694fd3ea16f9ac69ff390.jpg

So has anyone had any trouble with the black s-tech grip and white letters? I've only had them installed on my clubs 2 months ago and some of the white has been smearing all over the black grip...almost looks like the white was chalk or wet paint that's been wiped over the grip. I thought it would've just been one bad grip but I'm surprised that both of my grips have done this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally forgot I have 6 new grips ready to be installed to complete my set. They look fantastic and feel much better than expected. I played last weekend the North Carolina heat and had no issues with slippage or anything. Time to get on this!

So has anyone had any trouble with the black s-tech grip and white letters? I've only had them installed on my clubs 2 months ago and some of the white has been smearing all over the black grip...almost looks like the white was chalk or wet paint that's been wiped over the grip. I thought it would've just been one bad grip but I'm surprised that both of my grips have done this

The white paint in them isnt very sturdy. The Reds have white paint as well, and I've had issues with the paint smudging if I got solvent on them when installing. Other than that though they have been fine while using/washing them. The black in the greys I have seems to be much better.

The white paint in them isnt very sturdy. The Reds have white paint as well, and I've had issues with the paint smudging if I got solvent on them when installing. Other than that though they have been fine while using/washing them. The black in the greys I have seems to be much better.

Thanks for the feedback dude. I'll probably need to just go with the black and grey grips from now on...or at least colors other than white.

Thanks for the feedback dude. I'll probably need to just go with the black and grey grips from now on...or at least colors other than white.

i have the black with white lettering and I think Cbaker is correct, has to be the solvent because my grips were blown on and no issue at all with the paint bleeding.

i have the black with white lettering and I think Cbaker is correct, has to be the solvent because my grips were blown on and no issue at all with the paint bleeding.

yea once I figured it out and didn't try to wipe off the areas with white paint while installing I've had no issues.

That is definitely the issue, I noticed it when I put mine on a couple weeks ago. I just had to be a littl more careful when putting them on. Once I got them started I just held a paper towel around the end to keep the solvent from getting on the paint.

Still loving the freebie on my driver shaft, need to look into using these the next time I need replacements.

yea once I figured it out and didn't try to wipe off the areas with white paint while installing I've had no issues.

That is definitely the issue, I noticed it when I put mine on a couple weeks ago. I just had to be a littl more careful when putting them on. Once I got them started I just held a paper towel around the end to keep the solvent from getting on the paint.

That's strange. I had them put on at the PGA store and they were fine for the first month or so. But it's starting to get so hot this time of year, I feel like it's sweat that's making it bleed.

That's strange. I had them put on at the PGA store and they were fine for the first month or so. But it's starting to get so hot this time of year, I feel like it's sweat that's making it bleed.

I haven't really noticed the paint fill bleeding on mine because of sweat yet. I have noticed a faint pink tint on my gloves from my red grips a little though, nothing on my bare hand and not enough for me to be concerned with.

Full new set of Superstroke. Went S up as I use it for my thumb placement. Putter grip has the weight in it. Be curious how I like that.
a1844771819694fd3ea16f9ac69ff390.jpg

I also am S up! #playall14

I have the black on my wedges and have had zero trouble with thst. Contact SuperStroke about it their customer service is great!

I have the black on my wedges and have had zero trouble with thst. Contact SuperStroke about it their customer service is great!

08d9e9a97b30666cf050fa5fb7fb1f7c.jpg

It's not terrible but I'll call SS CS about it if it continues to bleed.

Had a round today in 80 degree and probably 70 percent or more humidity. These grips help up fine, no slippage at all. I was still able to grip them nice and light. My new favorite grip for sure.

The one negative I will say about them, and it isn't anything specific to them either, is they attract dirt and dust faster than my previous grips. Being a tacky grip, this is an issue for any brand/line of similar fashion, but it's hard to keep up with cleaning them off haha. I put my 58* down on the ground a lot, and also almost always hit it without a glove on, so it gets the most dirt on it and it causes a problem of being slippery. It's the only grip that it happens to because of that, but it's still kind of annoying. It's the main reason I wish they would bring the corded S-tech's to the public, because that might solve a lot of those issues since the cord would help hold the grip when the tack goes.

I put a black one I got free from SuperStroke on my driver last night and the white paint bled a little. I spilled some solvent on it and hadn't read this thread recently where that was mentioned a few times. No big deal I'll play it and see how I like the grip. I go gloveless so we'll see.

Back