Sweaty Palms Much?

kdjmu1

Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if many of you struggle with this, but living in the south, I'm constantly dealing with sweaty hands. I just wanted to share a couple items I have found that really help me and see if anyone has other suggestions.

I really enjoy the Iomic Sticky grips. Pricey, but they really do work and they last for a while. Not to mention, if you feel they aren't tacky enough, if you wipe them down with Clorox/Lysol wipes, they get their tack back.

Another little gem I found at my local Lowe's Home Improvement store is the Mission Power Grip. It's liquid chalk that dries your hands instantly (and cools them it seems) while leaving a residue that keeps your hands dry for a while. I bought it on a whim, but I'm now at a point where I don't know how I played golf without it! I found that it even helps when you're wearing a glove. For those that may be interested, here is a link to the product website. http://www.missionathletecare.com/collections/grip/products/power-grip-all-sport

For the record, I'm not affiliated with these products, just wanted to share something I found that helps me.

Looking forward to hearing other suggestions!

I'm totally ignorant on this - is that Power Grip USGA legal?

14.3 says its good

http://www.usga.org/rule-books/rules-of-golf/rule-14/
Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not use any artificial device or unusual equipment (see Appendix IV for detailed specifications and interpretations), or use any equipment in an unusual manner:
a. That might assist him in making a stroke or in his play; or
b. For the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions that might affect his play; or
c. That might assist him in gripping the club, except that:
(i) gloves may be worn provided that they are plain gloves;
(ii) resin, powder and drying or moisturizing agents may be used; and
(iii) a towel or handkerchief may be wrapped around the grip.

I learned something today, never knew that was legal.

For some reason I thought for sure those were illegal. Interesting.

Interesting.... I usually have 3-4 gloves on my bag because I like them dry and my hands do tend to get wet. Will look into that powder.

Also saw there are sprays that you can apply to your grips that help as well I think. Saw Andrew Frakes spraying his grips down at the world record event but forgot to ask him what it was.

Interesting.... I usually have 3-4 gloves on my bag because I like them dry and my hands do tend to get wet. Will look into that powder.

Also saw there are sprays that you can apply to your grips that help as well I think. Saw Andrew Frakes spraying his grips down at the world record event but forgot to ask him what it was.

The wet glove really bothers me for some reason. I used to use 3-4 gloves a round as well and rotate them. I also had great success with wearing a rain glove on really hot and humid days but they tend to wear quickly. Since i started using the liquid chalk, I use 1 glove the entire round, 2 at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The wet glove really bothers me for some reason. I used to use 3-4 gloves a round as well and rotate them. I also had great success with wearing a rain glove on really hot and humid days but they tend to wear quickly. Since i started using the liquid chalk, I use 1 glove the entire round, 2 at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Very good to know. Good price at that link too. eBay it's going for $15!

thank you for posting this...I go through so many gloves per round because of my hands sweating this will be a gift from the gods!

I had the same problem, but now I only buy the FJ Rain gloves and they are awesome. I actually use it as a towel for my other hand sometimes. For some reason it doesn't matter how wet you get it, the thing will not slip. It's weird though that you have to buy them in right/left pairs. If anyone is left-handed I can donate some.

Back