I’ve worked on so many changes in the last few months.That writing it all down would just confuse me and others.So I took a swing video this morning showing myself it is going well.Now if the snow would melt it would be even more ideal.Im thinking 2 more lessons from my pro and then I will be fine

Last edited:
This swing is amazing.

Yes it is.
She' 5'10", probably 130lbs, and 23 years old.
Oh to be young and thin again...lol
But back to the question.
What frustrates me: My iron game and my inability to shallow the club and retain speed through impact. My left side just want's to quit or resist after impact. At least that's how i explain the feeling. Frustration leads to anger sometimes ( Diagnosed with Parkinson's 2 years ago and that seems to be the issue, but i don't want to accept that) It also affects my ability to consistently have the same grip with my left hand ( I'm a righty ), as sometimes it's shaking a bit, causing tension.
I have lost quite a bit of distance over the last 2-3 years.
Fortunately, I rarey hit it sideways, so I'm in play most of the time.

Last edited:
I am working on making sure my head stays behind the ball. Also a touch slower back swing and let it rip.

I’ve worked on so many changes in the last few months.That writing it all down would just confuse me and others.

Sounds like you're getting onto the ball real well, and who doesn't like a good drag load filled with style and purpose. Hughes used drag load both as player and teacher with great success.

We all want to make a consistent swing, but that's hard to do as many of us are constantly changing our swings. I'm working on finding a swing that works more often than not and just stick with that, with maybe a minor tweak as required.

Sounds like you're getting onto the ball real well, and who doesn't like a good drag load filled with style and purpose. Hughes used drag load both as player and teacher with great success.
Visual I was told “feel like your swinging a wet mop”.Anything more and I get so lost

Every week I devote practice time to ball position, body alignment, club face aim, swing tempo, timing, and balance.

Tough to get all 6 of these on the exact same page when playing. Usually close is good enough.

I’ve worked on so many changes in the last few months.That writing it all down would just confuse me and others.So I took a swing video this morning showing myself it is going well.Now if the snow would melt it would be even more ideal.Im thinking 2 more lessons from my pro and then I will be fine
View attachment 9237371
View attachment 9237373
You have a BIG Jim Furyk look from behind but I LOVE your arm positions on the follow through, exactly what my coach wants to see.

I’m not really working on anything it right now I’m trying to marry a smooth tempo with higher hands (too flat right now imo) and it’s a work in progress

I'll play...laugh at my swing! Or be gentle with observations, I like both things.

My swing creates low drives so I really focus on trying to hit up. One consequence is that I tend to spin up (and off balance) at the finish rather than rotating more around. Dang chicken wing, too. My ball speed is low to mid 140s, if I really push and rotate well I can scratch 149. I see a bit of a loop in my path, but I'm still consistently in to out, so that doesn't worry me too much. I'm generally satisfied with the results, nothing crazy offline and I can adjust for a draw or fade when needed, but always looking to improve.

The rough part of getting older is the strength and flexibility limits, argh. Here's my 12-year-old son making a mockery of my me by being flexible, lol. He's in the low teens for ball speed, hitting it 180-200yds and very straight.

The rough part of getting older is the strength and flexibility limits, argh.

Flexibility does not appear to be an issue, why do you think it's an issue?

Flexibility does not appear to be an issue, why do you think it's an issue?
i can feel things tighten and resist as i turn, and i'd like to get faster. it's not a big problem by any means as i can get the ball out there okay, but i play with guys who can get a bigger backswing and higher ballspeed. i should probably get into that stretching/yoga routine i keep threatening myself with.

I don't know why but I'm not trusting my takeaway lately. I think I'm trying to be too perfect on the way back and it's causing me to be too rigid

I don't know why but I'm not trusting my takeaway lately. I think I'm trying to be too perfect on the way back and it's causing me to be too rigid

Being perfect is reserved for steaks on the grill. Everything else, fuhgeddaboudit.

Low point control....going through so much masking tape
If talking Strike location, I started using Foot Powder spray. I did also use a LOT of Mask Tape 25 years ago 😳

I corrected the OT Top late 22 before destroying my Back. Slowly starting practice again.
-Hands forward on impact.
-Stay Down longer after strike (hardest part to do without pain)
My Son is with me at Drive Shack so he Vids my Swing and I adjust accordingly. Only downside is he does most of the Swinging 😞

I feel like I'm the boy sticking his finger in the dam. I work on one thing and it turns out something else is causing it. So I start working on fixing on that and it turns out its something else that is causing that!!

Gross.

1000003728.png

It’s just a game.A leisure activity. I wouldn’t worry about it that much
It's the banter thread, I'm not losing sleep over it lol. I've got plenty of time to get my right elbow back in front.

i can feel things tighten and resist as i turn, and i'd like to get faster. it's not a big problem by any means as i can get the ball out there okay, but i play with guys who can get a bigger backswing and higher ballspeed. i should probably get into that stretching/yoga routine i keep threatening myself with.

Tightening is not necessarily bad because resistance is a big part of what we use for the game so increasing range of motion by stretching is not a waste of time by any means.

This drill was a long-ago habit that still gets pulled from storage on occasion. Doing it with heels about 8" from a back wall and rotating fully, clockwise and counterclockwise, is a good indicator of sufficient range of motion.

Untitledjm2.png

She’s a robot! 🤣. Amazing. I could watch that all day. And should.
She just doesn’t do it for me.And yes like a robot.Personality wise as well.

Now Brooke Henderson is the one to watch.Pound for pound she might be the longest on that tour.And a real perky personality

Tightening is not necessarily bad because resistance is a big part of what we use for the game so increasing range of motion by stretching is not a waste of time by any means.

This drill was a long-ago habit that still gets pulled from storage on occasion. Doing it with heels about 8" from a back wall and rotating fully, clockwise and counterclockwise, is a good indicator of sufficient range of motion.

View attachment 9238657
It is not so easy when the golfer is looking at the ball and touching the chin with the point of the shoulder.

Back