Swing change question

MSH134

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As some of you know I am making a serious attempt at a swing change that panda has been guiding me through along with a pga teacher. I need an opinion on whether I should be practicing with just one club while working on change like just a driver because that's my worst club or a six iron and gradually move up to longer clubs. The change I am working on is making a better turn which allows me to not be soooooo flat in the backing. I seem to have a easier time one longer clubs but not so much on shorter irons. How have all of you that have made major changes done it

I've made 2 swing changes in the last 18 months. The first was a major one as it was a complete overhaul to generate more lag. The second one was minor and really more of a grip change but also a change in swing plane so I don't come into the ball so steep.

In both instances I swung my 7i for weeks exclusively until the swing just felt natural. It was 2-5 range sessions per week with lots of drills. Then once I felt good about it, I moved to different irons. Driver always came last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used multiple clubs when practicing on my own, but during lessons my pro has had me using just a 6i and driver as he uses GC2 with HMT so it would mean marking up more clubs for the HMT if he had me using more

I'm curious as to why your having better luck with the longer clubs. Has your pro commented?

As to your question, stick with the driver.

I'm curious as to why your having better luck with the longer clubs. Has your pro commented?

As to your question, stick with the driver.
I have not seen him as of late I feel I have been getting better instruction from a man named Freddie

Well stay with the driver.....for now. I want you to build confidence and this seems to be the confidence builder. But we will have to conquer this issue with short irons as well.

I am soooooo pleased today!. Derek, Jeremy and I hit the course today and I hit so many good shots I was smiling from ear to ear almost the whole round. 30 MPH winds and I can't believe how well I hit the ball the swing is coming along very well I am turning my shoulders and hitting beautiful shots

I am soooooo pleased today!. Derek, Jeremy and I hit the course today and I hit so many good shots I was smiling from ear to ear almost the whole round. 30 MPH winds and I can't believe how well I hit the ball the swing is coming along very well I am turning my shoulders and hitting beautiful shots
I'm very happy to hear this! Keep it up and you'll be beating your son in no time.

When you trust it, it works. Definitely on your way to improving the full swing part of your game.

Now... Embrace the higher flight, too. It's really OK to have a flight over 30 ft off the ground.

Hey noooooooooooooow...Let's not get crazy :p

I'm very happy to hear this! Keep it up and you'll be beating your son in no time.

Just an update Panda I shot an 83 with a quad on a par 4 and hit a drive on the 18th hole 280 straight down the middle awesome round of golf swing was awesome all day just one hole my brain came unglued from my shoulders your instruction is so dead on ?

Just an update Panda I shot an 83 with a quad on a par 4 and hit a drive on the 18th hole 280 straight down the middle awesome round of golf swing was awesome all day just one hole my brain came unglued from my shoulders your instruction is so dead on

An 84 with a quad?! Holy Moses, that is awesome. Keep at it, I see stellar golf in your future. Love hearing stuff like this, makes it all worth it!!!!!

An 84 with a quad?! Holy Moses, that is awesome. Keep at it, I see stellar golf in your future. Love hearing stuff like this, makes it all worth it!!!!!
I don't know if it because I have finally understood the instruction from you or if my mind just decided to listen to the instruction but I am so thankful for you and THP you have changed golf for me and for the first time in many years I am no longer afraid to step on to the tee box

an update panda i played today and shot 83 again this time with 2 doubles. i should have not made doubles but silly mistakes in green reading i am even hitting driver where i want it to go. you have help me get this far and it is appreciated thanks

an update panda i played today and shot 83 again this time with 2 doubles. i should have not made doubles but silly mistakes in green reading i am even hitting driver where i want it to go. you have help me get this far and it is appreciated thanks

Nice Shooting Tex! I'm so happy for you and jealous at the same time. Keep it up!

Nice round! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are able to go over your round and pick out shots you could have played better, then you are well in your way. It sounds like you have a much improved game and just need better course management. Work on that and you'll eliminate those doubles and clip that 70 barrier.

If you are able to go over your round and pick out shots you could have played better, then you are well in your way. It sounds like you have a much improved game and just need better course management. Work on that and you'll eliminate those doubles and clip that 70 barrier.
Still lot of work to do but I am working hard still losing some shot due to not trusting it but so much improvement is going on all around. I am hitting great shots and some clunkers but I can recover now mentally better due to improvement. I love this game again!

Been a while since I have posted in here but swing is coming along well. I have a new driver in the bag that's amazing a XR16 the scores are coming down and so is my cap. Really hope to be under a 10 by end of this season.

Been a while since I have posted in here but swing is coming along well. I have a new driver in the bag that's amazing a XR16 the scores are coming down and so is my cap. Really hope to be under a 10 by end of this season.

Really happy to hear this

You're making solid progress. Now, at some point, you're going to have to pony-up for the Sunday morning rounds. No more "Woe is my golf game." garbage.

You're making solid progress. Now, at some point, you're going to have to pony-up for the Sunday morning rounds. No more "Woe is my golf game." garbage.
You mean you want me to pony up for the sandbaggers that we play with on Sunday mornings lol i will think about it lol

You mean you want me to pony up for the sandbaggers that we play with on Sunday mornings lol i will think about it lol
Ummmm, no. Unless you're calling a couple of THPers who you play golf with sandbaggers.

Back