T.P. Mills Anvil Series "Tradition II" Center-Shaft Model - Stainless Steel

Sadly, my time with this beautiful putter has come to an end. I will be shipping it to NickPergande tomorrow. I was overall very pleased with the putter. Here are my final thoughts.

Looks: Great looking putter. The milling on it is second to none, I have been scared away from c/s putters in the past, but this putter does not have the same odd looks as many of the mallets do. I would love to see this putter in black, I have a feeling it would be flat out beautiful. This putter is very pleasing to the eye at address. The simple blue line works well for aligning putts. Overall the putter looks much better than my current gamer.

Feel/Sound: Awesome, it has a nice deep sound on impact, and is very smooth feeling. I'm not great at describing sound, but overall it is very satisfying. Everyone who played with me felt the same way, sounds great.

Performance: I put the ball on line better with this putter than any other I used. I very seldomly saw the ball jump off the line I chose. I still was resposible for the chosen line and the touch on the putt, but I rarely missed due to a poor putt. On the practice green, after getting a line dialed in, I felt like Stockton, just sinking putt after putt.

Touch: On my home greens, I was deadly with this putter. I put up some of the best putting numbers I've ever had with this putter at the courses I normally play. I seemed to sink putt after putt, and the ones I missed were easy two putts, because I absolutely had the distances dialed in and would leave it within a couple feet. This all changed when I played a couple nicer courses with faster greens. I could not get the distances dialed in with this putter. When I switched back to my normal putter, I didn't struggle quite as much with speed, but more so with accuracy. I'm sure this problem would be solved pretty quickly with some practice on fast greens.

Overall Impression: Solid Solid putter. I was pleased with this putter in every area. I expected to struggle with this putter since it is different from my current gamer in virtually every way. As I said, I did struggle with speed on fast greens, but outside of that I excelled with this putter. If I set out to purchase putter today, this would immediately be at the top of my list. If I was not relatively happy with my putter, and had the money to run out and drop 3 bills on a putter today. I would probably be shipping this one to the next guy and asking Craig to ship me brand new one. It is still very possible this putter could make it into my bag again in the near future. The only way I think I could improve on this putter is if it was black. I have really gotten used to using a black putter. That is obviously very much personal preference. It is still a great looking putter in SS.
I cant wait to get this awsome putter. It looks like a work of art. I will put it to work for me and share my thoughts

I got the putter today but I am sick as a dog right now. I will try to take it to the practice green tomarrow if Im feeling better and give initial thoughts. Thank you TP Mills for giving me this oportunity to give my thoughts on this great putter and Wakerider for mailing it to me. Im gonna go suck down some night quil and try to whoop this what ever I have caught

So I finallly got the putter on the practice green. First off I did this between rain showers and the green was soaked. Being that the green was slow I had to be very agressive with the putts. This is deffinatly the putter to be agressive with. I find it very easy to putt the balls very accurately. I did not push or pull very many. The weight really makes it easy to keep on path. The sound is just awsome to. I cant wait to get it on the course

Looks like I should be receiving the putter on Wednesday. I am very excited for the opportunity and will be posting my thoughts after each time I practice/use on the course.

Good luck damon, hope it works for you aso well as it did at the outing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Good luck damon, hope it works for you aso well as it did at the outing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Ok - so I received the putter on Thursday of last week, and did not get a chance to take it to the practice green ahead of my golf round Saturday morning. Although I did use it a month or so ago, not having any practice time with it I figured would make for a difficult round.

First, how does the putter look? To my eyes, beautiful. I like the simplicity of the design, yet I think it is fairly original in the way that the hosel meets the head. I've seen my fair share of putters, but this one to me is unique. The color is a muted silver, and not too shiny. The putter's clean design makes setting up square to the ball very easy to do.

As for sound and feel, this is where the putter shines! The sound is a solid thwack/thump that transmits a solid/full feel. It almost feels like the ball (I was using a urethane covered ball so your results may vary with a different cover) "sticks" to the putter face before rolling forward. This really helps with gauging distance control and makes the putter turn into a tool to sink putts, not something to hit putts to the hole. And for a putter that does not have grooves, a radiused face, etc - I found the roll to be quick and true.

Now, to performance. For the first 12 holes, I did not have a 3 putt. My distance control was very good, and I knocked in a couple of 4 footers for my second putt. However, I did have 3 nice birdie chances from 6 - 12 feet, and really did not scare the hole on any of them. I hit them the right speed, but pulled 2 putts and misread 1. However, on 13 something clicked and I 1 putted 4 of the final 6 greens. I changed my setup by standing a little closer to the ball, and put the ball further forward in my stance just inside the let toe. This stance really allowed me to get "behind" the ball and make a very small arc stroke which then sent the ball on the intended line. I made 3 6 - 10 footers for par, and then a nice 35 footer for birdie on 18!

When I was standing further from the ball and using a medium arcing stroke, the putter tended to close early and pull the putts. Standing closer and minimizing the arc (not straight back/thru) really let me putt the ball on the intended line and the putter seemed to just swing itself square to the target. I would advise making sure your stroke matches to the putter to get maximum performance.

For me, I rate this putter a 9/10. It is truly a beautiful piece of art that performs excellently.

I'm glad the putter and yourself picked up where you left off. Some pieces of equipment seem to just be made for certain people. It seems that might be the case here.

I'm glad the putter and yourself picked up where you left off. Some pieces of equipment seem to just be made for certain people. It seems that might be the case here.

Yes, thanks. As you can tell (and saw), me and this putter get along well!

Back