Takomo golf anyone try their irons ?

LEFTY57

Reaction score
Handicap
I stumbled on to this direct to consumer irons on youtube ,plenty of praise from many well know youtubers . I am interested in the their 101 irons anyone gaming them ? The price is outstanding .
gb

I have had never heard of them prior to tonight. They look really good! Let everyone know here if you end up pulling the trigger!

That is a new one on me. Will have to go do some research.

I have had never heard of them prior to tonight. They look really good! Let everyone know here if you end up pulling the trigger!
Mostly in Europe. Another iron company similar to a few here that have no original designs or R&D, but rather purchasing near net forgings and having some subtle tweaks aesthetically.

They look just like the Pursuit M410 and Sub70 699 to me. I don't know if it's something you order out of a catalog and stamp your name on, but they seem to be well made. By all accounts they're a good value for the performance.

Ive been looking at this brand for a while now, especially since they came out with the 101t, 301cb, and 301mb. What appeals to me is ability to mix and match and order heads only. The downside however, and what has prevented me from making a purchase is there is just not much information, videos or pictures out there.

Mostly in Europe. Another iron company similar to a few here that have no original designs or R&D, but rather purchasing near net forgings and having some subtle tweaks aesthetically.
At least in the Finnish golf media they talk about how they've listened to customer feedback in designing the new 101T irons etc. I don't know for real what the situation is, but I know that's how they portray themselves.

Even here (Takomo is a Finnish company) they're not well known and you don't see the clubs often, but it's one that may be slowly getting traction.

At least in the Finnish golf media they talk about how they've listened to customer feedback in designing the new 101T irons etc. I don't know for real what the situation is, but I know that's how they portray themselves.

Even here (Takomo is a Finnish company) they're not well known and you don't see the clubs often, but it's one that may be slowly getting traction.

I am sure they do in selecting what is available. :)

I am sure they do in selecting what is available. :)
Yeah, likely so :LOL: Never trust a marketer... And I work in the field.

I have a set with the KBS Tour 105 S shafts. I bought them as an extra guest set.

They look good and the build seems reasonable.

With this shaft they are lower launching than my Apex 21. I should have gone with an R flex.

If you are a casual player, these might be a good choice.

I also got a set of New Level 902 with DG105 in R flex and I prefer those, for feel and launch.

1666103673541.png
1666103704861.png

I210? Iron 201? 😄😄😄

Attachments

• 1666103525899.png
    1666103525899.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 1666103584583.png
    1666103584583.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 19
I really don't care if they have a R&d budget or where they get the heads from if they are good and priced right that is what I am interested in.

Been playing the 201s for almost a year. Soft and long for standard cavity backs. Lofts are fairly tame for todays standards. I believe my 7 iron is 32 degrees. They look good and I kind of like playing something different. I bought the heads only and put in a set of AMT White s300 in the black powdercoat finish and they look great. Hard to go wrong for the price. They are soft so bag chatter is there.

If you look around you can find some reviews. Seem pretty favorable. I’ve been seriously thinking about building a set of the 201s so I’d be interesting in hearing thoughts from anyone who’s hit them.

The 101's remind me of the i59's which I have hit and really like but at a fraction of the price so, I ordered them spec'd out to my i59 fitting numbers. They are backordered but I am hoping they ship soon... I am pretty deep in snow atm, so not a rush but, I want them in hand.

Ive been looking at this brand for a while now, especially since they came out with the 101t, 301cb, and 301mb. What appeals to me is ability to mix and match and order heads only. The downside however, and what has prevented me from making a purchase is there is just not much information, videos or pictures out there.
Plenty of YouTubeers reviews

Plenty of YouTubeers reviews

Most youtube reviews are garbage. Very little info on them, no comparisons to other mainstream irons. Just ends up being a highlight reel of them hitting shots and going oh man thats so good. 😏

Most youtube reviews are garbage. Very little info on them, no comparisons to other mainstream irons. Just ends up being a highlight reel of them hitting shots and going oh man thats so good. 😏
Have owned over 50 sets of irons,mainly forged CB's since 1975 and have the 201 4-p since 12/21. Used as 2nd set to keep home for practice as gamers (currently 2022 T200) at CC. The You Tube reviews are pretty accurate on the Takomo 201s. Very well constructed,feel exceptional,distance good. Reasonably forgiving for a solid one piece of forged steel iron. I will say I wouldn't mind trading them for the 101T only because of a change for change sake and the 101T I believe more resemble my T200. Switching wouldn't be because of disatisfaction .

Last edited:
Oh i dont doubt they are fine clubs. Its just hard to make a blind purchase based on some weird angles (everyone seems to take address pictures differently haha) from a youtube review. Even TXG, who usually does very thorough reviews, can be flawed as they almost never have a bad thing to say about them, that is until the new version comes out and suddenly we get that negative feedback on the older ones….Heck, TXG did a review on Steadfast shafts, a basically fraudulent company, and couldnt bring themselves to be truthful with viewers.

Granted there is alot more on the more mainstream 201s but very little on the 301s. Its ok though because I just got tracking, and ill be able to review them myself!

If you play a 5H that's 24 to 26 degrees loft, and you don't want to risk a set you can't try, you can test the Srixon ZX4 irons. They're $128.57 ea direct from Srixon. The 7i is 28.5 deg. The AW is 49 deg. So 7i - AW would run about $643. With the loft blend you won't need a 6i. You could buy a 6i if you want. That would be up to you. Crossfield has been gaming this set for the entire season. It's chunky. It has a wide sole. It's a hollow body iron. You can buy the set individual clubs and there is no discount for buying them as a set.

I play a 4H, 5H, 7i - GW and my 7i is 29.5 deg. I don't carry a 6i.

Am I the only one that has Beach Boys “Kokomo” stuck in their head now?

Nice looking irons.

Got them today, and man, based visuals alone, I am VERY impressed. Insanely good looking, and if the performance matches…I cant justify spending twice the amount anymore. Ill get some pics up soon.

Back