TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

I moved to the Tour Preferred ATV. Really nice wedges. Still use the original ATV in the backyard. It's a great wedge.

Same here. Some great deals out there on the old ones though in places - and fro 50-60 bucks they are well worth it imo...

Same here. Some great deals out there on the old ones though in places - and fro 50-60 bucks they are well worth it imo...
Thanks for the feedback guys. My short game is the worst aspect of my game. I don't think I'm good or consistent enough to keep gaming the Vokeys and I hear these wedges perform great for those of us like me that struggle around the greens. I'm ok with the vokeys but I needed wedges that fit my skill level and then hopefully maybe next year I can bring the vokeys back into the bag. I know these are forged but have a very versatile sole and generous bounce as well as weight which will slow my swing down around he greens allowing me to be a little smoother with chips and full shots from the fairway.

I still use my 54* and 58* every round. Very versatile design. I haven't looked to replace mine since I got them.

I still use my 54* and 58* every round. Very versatile design. I haven't looked to replace mine since I got them.
I wonder if I should've went with the 54 and 58° set instead..it seems like more people game those lofts than the 52 and 56. My GW in the C100 set is 48° so I just went up 4 for each wedge. I can still trade them I think but I'll just have to pay for return shipping. I hear a lot of better reviews on the 54 and 58° set as some say the 58° ATV is money out of bunkers and the 54 is great around the greens and I see more signatures with the 54 and 58 lofts. I'll have to do a side by side I guess and then just return the 2 that won't benefit me as much....only way to really determine which lofts would best suit me.

I went 50/4/8 for the full shots. They're all great around the green, but I like having an easy 100 yard club. The 58 does that for me. I was having to swing a little harder to get the 60 to 100 yards and it caused my aim to be more inconsistent.

I wonder if I should've went with the 54 and 58° set instead..it seems like more people game those lofts than the 52 and 56. My GW in the C100 set is 48° so I just went up 4 for each wedge. I can still trade them I think but I'll just have to pay for return shipping. I hear a lot of better reviews on the 54 and 58° set as some say the 58° ATV is money out of bunkers and the 54 is great around the greens and I see more signatures with the 54 and 58 lofts. I'll have to do a side by side I guess and then just return the 2 that won't benefit me as much....only way to really determine which lofts would best suit me.
If my gap wedge was 48*, like yours, I think I would've opted to do it exactly as you have. My GW is 50* so I wanted to go with the 4* increments. 6* between your GW and next would leave a pretty wide approach yardage gap. The sole design should make it easy to lay your 56* open for those times you need the extra loft. If you did think you wanted the 58*, then do it 52* 58*. The 6* gap after your *52 would mostly be used for partial finesse shots anyway. I think I can count the times I've hit a full shot with my 58* on one hand, where as I do so with my 54* (your 52*) pretty often as an approach shot.

If my gap wedge was 48*, like yours, I think I would've opted to do it exactly as you have. My GW is 50* so I wanted to go with the 4* increments. 6* between your GW and next would leave a pretty wide approach yardage gap. The sole design should make it easy to lay your 56* open for those times you need the extra loft. If you did think you wanted the 58*, then do it 52* 58*. The 6* gap after your *52 would mostly be used for partial finesse shots anyway. I think I can count the times I've hit a full shot with my 58* on one hand, where as I do so with my 54* (your 52*) pretty often as an approach shot.
That crossed my mind too. I actually contemplated getting the 52, 56 and 60 but with the 60 I'd be playing with fire anyways so I might just do that 52 and 58 because 58 isn't a bad loft out of the bunkers.

I game the 52 and a 58. I like to grip down on my 52 to get similar distances as a 54.

Took a bit of time to get used to these wedges (have the 54 and 58) but I think I'm getting a handle on them now. Not sweeping underneath them and popping the ball up like I had been. The 54 was a full-swing club today and I got some crazy distance. I used the 58 to get me out of the sand today ... was short sided in the sand today and was hoping the 58 would get me out and get just enough roll to make a short putt. It got me out, but left me on the fringe and I wound up three putting thanks to some crazy wind which was blowing my ball all around the green.

I think I'm going to like these clubs. I definitely need some sand work (I think I keep decel'ing ... though need the instructor to confirm this) but these should fit in my bag well.

I play a 50 and 54 in these and love the 50 for just about everything. For some reason the 54 feels to bulky to me.

I play a 50 and 54 in these and love the 50 for just about everything. For some reason the 54 feels to bulky to me.
I strongly considered getting a 50, but the 588's came with a gap wedge (49*) so I'm running with it instead.

Took a bit of time to get used to these wedges (have the 54 and 58) but I think I'm getting a handle on them now. Not sweeping underneath them and popping the ball up like I had been. The 54 was a full-swing club today and I got some crazy distance. I used the 58 to get me out of the sand today ... was short sided in the sand today and was hoping the 58 would get me out and get just enough roll to make a short putt. It got me out, but left me on the fringe and I wound up three putting thanks to some crazy wind which was blowing my ball all around the green.

I think I'm going to like these clubs. I definitely need some sand work (I think I keep decel'ing ... though need the instructor to confirm this) but these should fit in my bag well.

took me a little bit to adjust to them too. The sole was or played wider than my previous wedges. However once I learned how to use the sole and bounce to my advantage they became very good wedges for me.

Back