TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP & TaylorMade will be sending 8 forum members ATV wedges for long term review. This is the thread for them to discuss the process from beginning to end.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their clubs in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

FedEx man cometh!

View attachment 4945
View attachment 4946
View attachment 4947
View attachment 4948
View attachment 4949

Included with my wedge was a dozen Penta TP5's, in a unmarked box, as you can see. I want with a simple JR for my stamping and it really pops off there. I feel like a tour pro right now. Lol.

Man, TaylorMade and THP did it up real nice this time! Thank you so much for the opportunity to test out the ATV and I look forward to helping others decide if this is the best wedge for their game.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Thats sweet JR! Nice touch by TaylorMade for adding a dozen TP5s. Cant wait to head home!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

sweet move by TM....'grats Jeff!

That's awesome, really looking forward to the feedback from you all on this one.

Thats sweet JR! Nice touch by TaylorMade for adding a dozen TP5s. Cant wait to head home!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

I thought so too. I just bought two dozen of them, so I have 2 3/4 dozen TP5's laying around my crib.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Jeff how does it feel in hand? On the heavy side?

Jeff how does it feel in hand? On the heavy side?

I can vouch for the heavier feeling head. No swings yet, my excitement made me grab the iPhone and get on THP. But it's not absurd heavy, heavier than I am used too though.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

That looks pretty nice. And awesome of TM to send you a dozen Pentas!

Wow JR you got me drooling like a fox in a chicken pen dude! :hungry:. Sounds like Santa might me making a visit to Georgia this week :present:

ncie pics and great move by TM throwing in the TP5's

I'm going to grab my CG15 and head to the range once the sun starts going down. Will focus on full shots, feel, flight and accuracy today, since my range isn't exactly cutting edge and won't be a good place to get a feel for spin and short game.

So stoked.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I can't believe they sent a dozen TP5 great pictures!

That wedge looks like a piece of art. Awesome. Can't wait to hear how you all think it performs in different types of shots and lies. Having one clubs that can/should do so much is very intriguing for me!

Got mine as well! Trying to upload a YouTube video but it won't give me the damn prompt to open my webcam...

Jeff,

Can't wait to start reading yours and the others reviews of these clubs. I am very interested in reading what all you have to say about these. I am in the market for a new set of wedges. These and the SCOR 4161 are at the top of my list right now. I am very curious and can't wait to hear the reviews.

I like the custom stamping on them. What a great touch by TM.

Very nice looking package overall. Glad to see so many updates on these so far.

Awesome looking wedge and great touch to throw in the TP5's! Cant wait to start seeing the reviews on these.

I can't believe they sent a dozen TP5 great pictures!

Believe it, brother. TaylorMade doesn't mess around. I figured it was a hat or something, then I was like well Holy Hell! I have been talking in the What Did You Buy thread recently about buying Walmart out of Penta TP5's, because they had them $13 less than everywhere else. Then these show up. I am stocked on TaylorMade Penta TP5's for a while.

Anyways. I have been looking at and feeling the extended grip (this was one feature I overlooked in its entirety when I played with this for 10 or so shots at a recent demo day), and I think that is going to be UBER beneficial to me and so many others on those short, in between, awkward shots around the green.

The weight is noticeable, but having already hit these once and enjoyed what I saw, I don't see it being that big of an issue. In truth, I like the weight thus far because it feels like I fits in more with my irons, than my current wedges. We shall see.

Great pics. Can't wait to see how you are all getting along with them.

Curse you youtube!

If you hadn't noticed, YouTube uploader was giving me issues. Tried to upload a true first impression/box opening video, but it failed. I'm about to head out and play these (my buddy is already waiting), so sorry for the abbreviated video.

PS - I love you Jeff Reed ;)

Believe it, brother. TaylorMade doesn't mess around. I figured it was a hat or something, then I was like well Holy Hell! I have been talking in the What Did You Buy thread recently about buying Walmart out of Penta TP5's, because they had them $13 less than everywhere else. Then these show up. I am stocked on TaylorMade Penta TP5's for a while.

Anyways. I have been looking at and feeling the extended grip (this was one feature I overlooked in its entirety when I played with this for 10 or so shots at a recent demo day), and I think that is going to be UBER beneficial to me and so many others on those short, in between, awkward shots around the green.

The weight is noticeable, but having already hit these once and enjoyed what I saw, I don't see it being that big of an issue. In truth, I like the weight thus far because it feels like I fits in more with my irons, than my current wedges. We shall see.

That's great, I really love the way Taylormade works! Anyways, I am excited about the extended grip cause I find myself choking down a lot on wedge shots. Where did the package come form, CA?

Great job DK! Go out and have some fun with this puppy :blob:

Back