Well so much for waiting a few more days. Aussies ain't ******* around leading into the weekend. 😆
We just couldn't wait to go hitting bombs.

It's hard not to laugh sometimes. Multiple companies work so hard at parts of it, just to fail miserably on others. And I think it's part of why no one waits.
It is indeed funny.

In the end, I'm glad we follow them, but, it does give me migraines at times during release season with the race to be first out there on the internet.

Hell, I just want to hit them all 🤷‍♂️

It is indeed funny.

In the end, I'm glad we follow them, but, it does give me migraines at times during release season with the race to be first out there on the internet.

Hell, I just want to hit them all 🤷‍♂️
I was going to wait on thoughts, but I've hit it and .. mm. I like their fairways and you like minis, so there was a lot there to like.

I have no content coming on it though, so I won't be the one to eff this up. Lol I'll be curious to hear how people respond to it.

I was going to wait on thoughts, but I've hit it and .. mm. I like their fairways and you like minis, so there was a lot there to like.

I have no content coming on it though, so I won't be the one to eff this up. Lol I'll be curious to hear how people respond to it.
I have this really really not healthy love of mini drivers. hahahaha

I have this really really not healthy love of mini drivers. hahahaha
Why not though? We're in an age where tech means that a lot of 5 woods are throwing out 3 wood numbers. There's not a lot of point carrying around two clubs that can achieve the same outcome so why not ditch the 3 and grab something that'll be safer but not quite as far as a driver.

Why not though? We're in an age where tech means that a lot of 5 woods are throwing out 3 wood numbers. There's not a lot of point carrying around two clubs that can achieve the same outcome so why not ditch the 3 and grab something that'll be safer but not quite as far as a driver.
My 3W is that club you describe. I absolutely LOVE hitting fairway woods.

Mini, is the most niche club that ever niched a niche within a game of niches. It make little sense for 98% of golfers, but dammit if they aren't hilariously fun.

My 3W is that club you describe. I absolutely LOVE hitting fairway woods.

Mini, is the most niche club that ever niched a niche within a game of niches. It make little sense for 98% of golfers, but dammit if they aren't hilariously fun.
I’m part of the 2%. I feel special.

I’m part of the 2%. I feel special.
It's true though, its why it isn't a normal release for companies, and why the quantities are always much more limited than we think. Even getting cult status (because they are really good) like TM last two have, they don't sell many because they don't fit many. Some. But not many.

I've asked just about every OEM why they don't make them at one point or another, and the answer is always the same, haha

It's true though, its why it isn't a normal release for companies, and why the quantities are always much more limited than we think. Even getting cult status (because they are really good) like TM last two have, they don't sell many because they don't fit many. Some. But not many.

I've asked just about every OEM why they don't make them at one point or another, and the answer is always the same, haha
It's weird though. TM obviously sell enough of them. The last lot were sold out in most places and going for significantly more on Ebay than their retail. The demand obviously exceeds the supply.

It's weird though. TM obviously sell enough of them. The last lot were sold out in most places and going for significantly more on Ebay than their retail. The demand obviously exceeds the supply.
You know why they sell a lot of them? They don’t make a ton. It might be the one club they have always been really good at inventory management with.

If there are tons of mini drivers sitting on shelves all the time, it wouldn’t be a good thing for them. Niche club, limited quantities.

You know why they sell a lot of them? They don’t make a ton. It might be the one club they have always been really good at inventory management with.

If there are tons of mini drivers sitting on shelves all the time, it wouldn’t be a good thing for them. Niche club, limited quantities.
Makes sense. I know that my local shop was cursing TM last time I was in there because they still had about a dozen Stealth 2's sitting on the shelf when the QI10 came in and TM was pretty firm on them only being allowed to slightly discount them and they are allocated driver quantities, they don't get to choose how many they initially stock. For a smaller retail shop that's a big expense to have just sitting there unsold.

I have to admit, half of my wanting a Burner Mini is to try it on a full length driver shaft, a 3w shaft, and its own in between shaft. Just for the funz

I have to admit, half of my wanting a Burner Mini is to try it on a full length driver shaft, a 3w shaft, and its own in between shaft. Just for the funz
I tried the BRNR Mini shaft in the Stealth 2 head during my fitting. It was an unmitigated disaster.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't hit this off the deck. It's a piece of cake. Put my 2nd BRNR Mini in the bag today. This one is a 13.5° head set to 15.5° and plays a little shorter at 43". I have the heavier weight in the back also.

Playing a short, dogleg infested course Sunday. 13.5* Mini will be the only "driver" in the bag because I want to bring the 9 wood for some uphill & over the trees fun on a couple of holes..

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage14.jpeg

Hitting this off the deck is just ridiculous! So fun! I turned both mini drivers down a notch or two. So, they should be 10.75° and 14.25°.

If weather holds tomorrow will be my first round of the year and also first time on the course with the mini. I don't think i will get the chance to hit it off the deck but do have 4 holes penciled in off the tee

Got one today. Hit it on mats, in lousy weather. Numbers are unusuable. But the Sound of this club is gold …

Sun is shining, a little cool but a nice day for the first round of the year. The BRNR will be in the bag today

Gonna put the Minis to the test today!

I hit this off the tee 3 times today, 2 dead straight but lower flight than I like and the 3 leaked to the right on me but was still in the fairway just a bit shorter than I would have liked. I think I was teeing the ball too low. Will experiment with tee higher next round

Drove a short Par 4 with the 13.5° mini today. @Davidhibler and @Carolina Dundee tried them. They can talk about their experience with it.

I hit this off the tee 3 times today, 2 dead straight but lower flight than I like and the 3 leaked to the right on me but was still in the fairway just a bit shorter than I would have liked. I think I was teeing the ball too low. Will experiment with tee higher next round
This was meant for the 2024 thread

Back