I like the design and headcover. Glad to see them keeping the mini-driver alive. Used one in the past and it's a fun club.

Perhaps this might be a nice alternative for those who struggle with driver?

Not a fan of the looks or that god awful headcover, but for those that get along with mini drivers like Jman notes, I'm sure it'll be a killer in the bag.

I'm one of those mere mortals who has tried different mini drivers (SLDR, Aeroburner, Bertha 1.5) and has never been able to hit one off the deck. So I've opted for fairways in that slot for more versatility. But for someone who struggles looking down at a giant headed driver, these things can be awesome.

I'm interested to see if this will help my old man a bit. He struggles to hit driver with any sort of consistency so he plays 3 wood off a lot of tees. He's tried choking up on the driver shaft and its helped a little, but I think this might be a great solution off the tee for him.

Love the look and color scheme

I love this so much. I'm a little angry that I love it so much, but I just think they knocked it out of the park here.

Side note, can the model local rule for distance just be to make 305cc the limit so this becomes your longest club? Not every course has to use the mlm, and it doesn't jack up the entire industry. Idk, just seems like its worth a look.

It's a bridge too far for me.

They've been out on the floor at stores here for about a week and I just laugh when I see them. I do like the design on the face. Other than that it's just a niche thing and I have no interest. Again. I think I only saw 2 of their last one out in the wild. I expect to see even less of this one.

I think it is a cool offering but don't really see a place for it in my bag. I use the 3w off the deck and am comfortable with it off a tee.

The size at 304cc is interesting. I remember the 3x0 Ti series of Taylor Made drivers which came in 300, 320 and 360cc. It is interesting that now this is the size of the smaller of that driver offering. I know the heads have been bigger for a long time but it still strikes me as a bit funny.

I've used the original well as well as the 300 mini and liked both of them. My daughter plays the 300 mini as her only driver and hits it great. Keep it up Taylormade!

I really like the bronze color scheme and the old school logos. Feel like bronze is a color you don't see used on golf clubs much. Seeing some IRL pics around the web I think I like the crown of the previous 2 TM mini drivers a little more, but could definitely get used to this one. I think I'm a fan of the headcover but I can see why it would be polarizing.

I love it. I think this thing is pretty awesome. I don't see a need in my bag being filled here but I want one anyway.

I would love THP to get one in for review.

Serves no purpose for me but looks good for those whose game it fits.

as someone who has used a mini driver I love the concept. I hit fairway woods off the deck with no issue so a mini driver is a good play for me with the driver swing goes to heck. I've got 2 of them sitting in my office right now. Love the nostalgic look back to the old Burner 2. Does it come with a bubble shaft? :)

I just got a Bertha Mini 1.5, and it is a life-changer for this guy who has struggled for decades with the driver. I've played it for a round and a half, and hit it as far as my driver (which I just sold), with magnitudes more consistency and accuracy. I tried a couple other minis (both the old SLDR) and they weren't right for me. This one, I will have in my coffin.

They've been out on the floor at stores here for about a week and I just laugh when I see them. I do like the design on the face. Other than that it's just a niche thing and I have no interest. Again. I think I only saw 2 of their last one out in the wild. I expect to see even less of this one.
For a guy who hits driver as well as you, I can see your take. (Along with most in the thread.) As a guy who has been driverly-challenged for most of his golf life, this is a God-send. It's like my chipper. Most won't use it, but for me, it's awesome.

As someone whos been on the hunt for a mini driver for a long time, I'm hoping to get one of these before they sell out. I bought an old TM Aero Burner mini driver and I love it, but I'd prefer something more modern.

Can't wait for this to drop and get it in the bag for a bit.

As someone whos been on the hunt for a mini driver for a long time, I'm hoping to get one of these before they sell out. I bought an old TM Aero Burner mini driver and I love it, but I'd prefer something more modern.

Can't wait for this to drop and get it in the bag for a bit.
I had my eye on the Aero Mini for a bit, until lucking out on the Bertha 1.5.

This is a great adaptation of retro looks in a modern package. I think it looks phenomenal. I always look at mini-drivers and think that would be so easy to use. But, there’s a little voice in my head that says, “hey, you have trouble hitting a golf ball with something twice as big, put it down.” I would love to try one at some point though. I like the head cover.
I cant explain why but ive found the mini driver being way easier to hit than driver regardless of the head size. 3w shaft length with a bigger head than a 3w. It's just flat out easy to control. Personally find it easier to close the club face

I want to try this thing. That color scheme is awesome, and having a more controllable club up top sounds like a potential boost for a lot of people. I might be in the minority here, but I actually like that headcover.

Great write-up James. I really enjoyed my time with the Bertha Mini several years ago. I need a club I can hit off the deck also and don't really think I possess the swing speed or skill to do it with this type of head any longer.

If I see one in a local shop and can hit it I certainly will. I can’t say my Original One is all that forgiving. So if they have actually worked more of that into this design I’d consider swapping for one at some point. The OO is a rocket if you can hit it on the button. I carry it on certain courses in place of my 3 wood. If the fairways are a little fluffy off the deck is no problem. Straight worm burner flight.

Ya I read Fleetwood put in in play last week to replace his 3 wood, but for tee shots. The pros kind of have the luxury of taking it in and out when they know they wont be hitting 3 woods into greens on certain courses. I for one don't really have that luxury so not really sure where this would fit for me.

Ya I read Fleetwood put in in play last week to replace his 3 wood, but for tee shots. The pros kind of have the luxury of taking it in and out when they know they wont be hitting 3 woods into greens on certain courses. I for one don't really have that luxury so not really sure where this would fit for me.
Yeah, it's like Phil putting that 2 wood or whatever in for certain places. And I'm not opposed to having specific use clubs, but this is a specific use that I just have not use for. Fairway woods are insanely good these days. So much so that I don't even carry any longer than a 5W. And if I can't hit driver off the tee that 5W is plenty long enough while staying short of whatever kept me from hitting driver. And I just never see any of these actually in play. I don't see the need for this to even be made really. I'm curious how much money they make on them by the time the R&D and production and marketing is all done. I talked to a couple places here about them because I remembered the last ones not selling. They basically said they have to put them out. I mostly just ignore these at this point.

Back