TaylorMade Ghost S Spider Putter Preview Thread

I put one of these in my bag about 3 weeks ago. I had been playing Ghost Spider belly but wanted to try to get back to using a standard length putter with a short slant neck. First thing I did was put a SuperStroke mid 2.0 grip on it. I love it. It's been my experience that of all the putters I've played the Spider Ghosts get the ball rolling better than most. I've never been fitted for a putter so I can't say for sure if it's the insert or if their specs just fit me better than some of the other putters I've played with in the past (ex: Odyssey F7, Ping isopur ally i). The weighting makes it very forgiving on off center hits as well. I haven't had to tweak the weights at all, but it is an option if you want to adjust the heaviness or weight either the toe or heel a bit more than the opposite side.

I was messing with a buddy's Spider S last night when I was at the putting green at the course. He has the slant hosel which was why I wanted to give it some rolls. I don't recall a mallet type putter that has toe hang so that it works with a gated type swing. All the others seem to be geared for a SBST swing. I had previously gamed the original spider version that was face balanced. I spent about 20 minutes rolling my buddy's putter and in my opinion the new version looks a lot better and with the slight toe hang it putts very, very nicely. Putts were either dropping or were missing due to my read. Distance control and accuracy were very impressive.

I have grown to love mine...my distance control is spot on from anywhere on the green. I've sunk more 20'+ putts with this flat stick than any other putter in the past. very rarely now do I have a 3-putt, which helps keep my putting confidence up.

I'm an incurable putter-aholic but will agree that with my limited time rolling it I was thoroughly impressed right from the start with the distance control and accuracy. Point, shoot, score. I jarred a lot of putts with it and wouldn't have 3 putted any of the long ones. Plus, I really like that surlyn insert that Taylormade uses. May need to see if I can trade enough clubs in so that I don't have to spend a dime to get one.

I'm an incurable putter-aholic but will agree that with my limited time rolling it I was thoroughly impressed right from the start with the distance control and accuracy. Point, shoot, score. I jarred a lot of putts with it and wouldn't have 3 putted any of the long ones. Plus, I really like that surlyn insert that Taylormade uses. May need to see if I can trade enough clubs in so that I don't have to spend a dime to get one.

that's the best way to do it! I came from a ghost manta and the difference even between those 2 is noticeable. They did a great job with the Spider S

Heck, I noticed a difference between it and the original Ghost Spider for that matter. Really like the black color section with one line instead of that basketball court action on the original. Plus, I really like the slant neck versus the standard bent neck or even the center shaft that was on the original.

Back