TaylorMade Ghost S Spider Putter Preview Thread

Trigger pulled. Just ordered 35" Spider S.

Are these in stores already? When does your new Ghost ship Jon?

Are these in stores already? When does your new Ghost ship Jon?

Ordered off the TMag Website. It said in stock, but I'm waiting for it to get out of the 'Being Processed' stage.

Wow nice work Jon. Hope it goes through, I didn't think it was supposed to be out until Nov 1st.

Wow nice work Jon. Hope it goes through, I didn't think it was supposed to be out until Nov 1st.

We'll see. If this ends up as a pre-order, that's fine by me too. :D Great write-up Jake. Between that and how well I roll my GF's original Ghost, it was too hard to pass up.

We'll see. If this ends up as a pre-order, that's fine by me too. :D Great write-up Jake. Between that and how well I roll my GF's original Ghost, it was too hard to pass up.
Either way nice work on ordering it buddy. I'm glad you liked the review, this putter is MONEY!

Either way nice work on ordering it buddy. I'm glad you liked the review, this putter is MONEY!

Thanks. I've been known to make some impulse buys... LOL. Hope it's as money for me as it is for you!

My mom just asked what I wanted for my birthday....

Oh damn this thing is sexy!! I may have to put this in my bag before my trip to Hawaii.

FYI to those interested. Heard back from TMag. They said that my order would be fulfilled as soon as the go live date passes. That means that I should receive a shipment notification 2-3 business days after 11/1. So, if you're super eager, it may be better to go to the store. I'm good with waiting though. Nothing like a pristine, never been touched putter!

I love my Ghost Spider. I want the S now, badly, but can't really justify the purchase. Its too similar, but with the "one" thing I wanted in my GhoSt

I love my Ghost Spider. I want the S now, badly, but can't really justify the purchase. Its too similar, but with the "one" thing I wanted in my GhoSt

the smaller size?

the smaller size?

It was the alignment aid for me. I roll the last Ghost Spider really well. Just don't like the basketball alignment aid.

It was the alignment aid for me. I roll the last Ghost Spider really well. Just don't like the basketball alignment aid.

That is the "one" thing I was referring to. The alignment aid. Is it actually smaller? I also need CS and not a bent neck.

Looks like these putters are showing up already in shops because I rolled one last night at Golf Galaxy. To me, seemed like the same thing as the last Spider Ghost. It just looks less busy is all, which isnt a bad think imo. We actually put it side by side with the Spider Ghost and they seemed to be the same size. The roll was the familiar roll from the Pure Roll insert which Im a big fan of now for a while. Still dont care for the odd feeling grip though.

Looks like these putters are showing up already in shops because I rolled one last night at Golf Galaxy. To me, seemed like the same thing as the last Spider Ghost. It just looks less busy is all, which isnt a bad think imo. We actually put it side by side with the Spider Ghost and they seemed to be the same size. The roll was the familiar roll from the Pure Roll insert which Im a big fan of now for a while. Still dont care for the odd feeling grip though.

That's why God made Winn Lite Jumbo's.

That's why God made Winn Lite Jumbo's.

This is true. Im not sure whats up with the weird grips that TM uses on the new putters. It feels like a freeze dried putter grip.

This is true. Im not sure whats up with the weird grips that TM uses on the new putters. It feels like a freeze dried putter grip.

Maximizing profits, lol

Thanks for the bump Kmac. Almost for got that I ordered one of these. Don't think that this one will be delivered before I leave for my honeymoon... My wife has a ghost spider (she doesn't use) that I putt with sometimes. I'll try to get some comparisons and thoughts up as soon as I can.

Sweet, I'm glad someone got to compare side by side. Interesting on the size thing, I was told it was smaller than the Spider but bigger than the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Huh.

that's the one thing I hated about the spider ghost, the silly basketball alignment aid

Wife just texted me... :D

huzetybu.jpg

Will try to get some initial thoughts up soon.

Typos courtesy of fat fingers and iPhone

Wife just texted me... :D

huzetybu.jpg

Will try to get some initial thoughts up soon.

Typos courtesy of fat fingers and iPhone

Awesome. Look forward to your thoughts.

Back