TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I love the '16 M2 but cracked mine. I think a lot of people have tried new things but it is an excellent head that stands up to everything recent. I think it's why a lot of pros still have it in the bag.

The used prices on this club is still on the high side so take that how you will.

True about the prices though. And there are not many available.

I have a '17 M2 that I want to try out as well. I think the success of this head was good ball speed, lowish spin, and just enough forgiveness. I liked the consistency in knowing I was going to pretty much always hit a powe fade or straight ball. Was the first head I saw over 170 mph ballspeed on, but of course all good things must come to end and I got a massive crack on mine after only about 2 months.

Hi guys.

So who is still gaming these drivers. Looking at the signatures it looks few and far between. I am looking to replace my existing driver as part of my golf club renewal.

I have been to the local golf shops and tried to hit as many drivers as possible. Based on the results, the M2 looks to be a clear leader in the race followed by the 917 d2 and Cally XR. For some reason the Epic is not working for me.

So stats wise the M2 is about 30-35 yards longer than my Launcher 460 as well as a lot more accurate. So no downsides. I will most likely be buying secondhand and just want to get views a couple of years down the line and the opinion on the M2.
I still have my 2016 M2 and love it. I had considered a M3 or M4 Twist Face...but there's zero reason for me to make a change.

Maybe in another year or two I'll reconsider, but the 2016 M2 is a great head.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back