TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
In for the latest round of Forum Testing is the new TaylorMade M2 Driver. This thread will serve as a place for those testing out the TaylorMade M2 driver to share their reviews, thought and results with this one on the course. Feel free to jump in with your own thoughts and/or questions!

Taylormade touts the M2 as being built with the same multi-material construction as the M1, featuing an ultra-light, ultra-thin and high-strength Carbon Composite Crown offering exceptional distance and forgiveness for MORE golfers.

At first glance, the comparisons are direct to the M1 that TaylorMade has previous launched, however, looking at the sole of the driver you will immediately notice the lack of sliding/adjustable weights. The adjustablity remains with the TaylorMade Adjustable Loft Sleeve offering 12 positions, 4* (+/- 2* of loft) to adjust loft, lie and face angle of the driver.

The design of the M2 offers a Low-CG giving golfers a high-laugh/low-spin trajectory and paired with the Fujikura Pro 60 (stiff) shaft in this one, I am pretty excited to see how it works for me game.

First impressions in hand is that the M2 is quite light, much more so it seems than my previous SLDR. I am a fan of light weight drivers, as having gravitated to those in the past, I find that they just flat out work for my game. Holding this in hand gives me the feeling that it will jive quite nice with my swing on the tee. The face of the M2 is not as deep as some of the previous offerings from TaylorMade that I have gamed, but with the weight centered lower and back, I have a feeling that the face will be nice and forgiving from heel to toe, as well as top to bottom.

One thing that I havent seen a lot of people talking about is the crown design. The stark white set next to the carbon cross-hatching is quite attractive. But, that's not my favorite aspect. For me, holding this one at address, the White really gives you a quick glance down to see if you are set straight to your target, similar to what a lot of people really like about paint-schemes in putters. I think it makes a TON of sense to carry that design over to the driver head graphics.

A few pictures after I got this one unboxed...

IMG_0185_zpsez3gq9hm.jpg

IMG_0191_zpsn3tbrvgd.jpg

IMG_0188_zps7mco9njb.jpg

IMG_0189_zpsqsubhyya.jpg

IMG_0186_zpsg0vhxzim.jpg

IMG_0190_zpsnv1svfrp.jpg

Hmm, a light bomber is right in your wheelhouse, looking forward to your thoughts

Nice Beags! What setup do you have?

nice pics War! Looking forward to following this thread. There is definitely an interest in seeing what this club is all about.

10.5* Fujikura Pro 60, Stiff.

Very nice, could be a very interesting and fun combo for you. I may throw in some pics tonight if you all don't mind.

Very nice, could be a very interesting and fun combo for you. I may throw in some pics tonight if you all don't mind.
Feel free to put my pictures to shame.

Looking forward to the feedback of the reviewers. I am intrigued by this after hitting the m1 late last year

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I can't wait to hear what the testers have to say, finally got a chance to see on in person today, very similar to M1, but the sole sure looks different.

Really looking forward to this thread, I have been very impressed with the design of the M line's woods. I love the crown, the sole is nice and clean, and it's obviously been pretty popular on tour. Can't wait to hear how you guys mesh with this club.

After seeing you bomb away this past weekend you can say I'm waiting for your feedback.

i think that's a great looking golf club. interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

I'm looking forward to this one, can't wait to hear your impressions War.

Looking forward to reading the tester's thoughts, I've loved this driver from the first few swings. 6 rounds in, loving it.

After seeing you bomb away this past weekend you can say I'm waiting for your feedback.
I will say this, the M2 has some work to do to beat out my current gamer. Some of the longest drives I have ever hit in my life came off the face of the CG Black.

I'm looking forward to chiming in on this review despite not being an official tester.
I've got a M2 HL (13 Degree) on order with a HZRDUS Black 75 at 45". I was getting almost perfect numbers with this setup on the monitor so I just couldn't resist the urge to drop the coin on it.

I'm looking forward to chiming in on this review despite not being an official tester.
I've got a M2 HL (13 Degree) on order with a HZRDUS Black 75 at 45". I was getting almost perfect numbers with this setup on the monitor so I just couldn't resist the urge to drop the coin on it.

That HL intrigued me, cant wait for you to share your feedback with all of us.

Does the two color crown distract you when setting up to the ball? That was the first thing I noticed and wondered if it would distract me.

Does the two color crown distract you when setting up to the ball? That was the first thing I noticed and wondered if it would distract me.
I said it in the first post, but will go in to it again...

For me, looking down at it and holding it in hand, I am not bothered by it at al. The white, for me, seems like it would act as an alignment aide to help get you square to your target. I am often quite critical of crown graphics & design (new ping driver), but this one is well done and just frames the ball well at address.

I've practiced some with this and don't find the crown distracting either. I agree on the use as an alignment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said it in the first post, but will go in to it again...

For me, looking down at it and holding it in hand, I am not bothered by it at al. The white, for me, seems like it would act as an alignment aide to help get you square to your target. I am often quite critical of crown graphics & design (new ping driver), but this one is well done and just frames the ball well at address.

I did see that in your first post and misunderstood that. Thanks for the clarification.

Looking forward to your feedback!
#BeagsBombs

Looking forward to following this one. Have fun guys!

TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I will say this, the M2 has some work to do to beat out my current gamer. Some of the longest drives I have ever hit in my life came off the face of the CG Black.

Agree 100% with that comment...CG black was incredibly underrated....but the M2 sure looks great. Cannot wait for your thoughts.

Back