TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 Wedges

I always liked the TW grind, I might pick up a 56.

20231203_223651.jpg

Keyword head weights. Still coming in pretty stout like previous versions.

No lead tape needed.. lol
Definitely not. If you play long at all swing weights get heavy in a hurry. Asked them about it at The Kingdom because I feel like I see it a lot with them. They don't really sort to lighter heads in those builds.

Definitely not. If you play long at all swing weights get heavy in a hurry. Asked them about it at The Kingdom because I feel like I see it a lot with them. They don't really sort to lighter heads in those builds.
Drill them out I guess..

Drill them out I guess..
I've had to in the past.

Why would the 60 weigh so much more? Is that normal?
It's not uncommon. That's about the rough progression from one numbered club to the next. Every company is different and sometimes they're close in the wedges and that can be its own annoyance. These wedges are definitely heavier than some peers though.

I've had to in the past.

It's not uncommon. That's about the rough progression from one numbered club to the next. Every company is different and sometimes they're close in the wedges and that can be its own annoyance. These wedges are definitely heavier than some peers though.

shortest club, heaviest head..

I've had to in the past.

I have always felt that Milled Grind wedges are heavier than others. I noted it with the first Milled Grind release.

I always liked wedges with heavy heads for cutting through dense rough and fluffy bunkers. Both seem to have fallen out of use very much any more in an effort to save money (bunkers) or maintain the pace of play ( real rough) . It was a different game 30- 40 years ago.

Just backing it into the jar with the 60 LB. No biggie. 😁

Kind of scrambly first time out in a bit and these were good. It's both great and a little strange now to be back in a straighter front edge. Had a bunch of good up and downs, couple stuck (or holed) approaches, and one stinker but that more on my shoes and footwork. Good fun.

Doing a lot of wedge approach shots for new ball comparisons and these countinue to crush it. Can't show most of them, but they've been really, really good. Shaping suits me so well.

Holed out a beauty with the 60 again. Just been all over the pin with them. That front edge suits my eye.

Anybody feel like these chew up balls a bit more than other wedges?

Anybody feel like these chew up balls a bit more than other wedges?
When they're fresh they're aggressive. I can chew up balls with any decent wedge though.

Of all the wedges I’ve tried, these are the ones. I need a set badly. I am not a TM fan at all but I love these.

Still loving my Ping Glide 3.0 as I preferred them to the 4.0 but the new S159 definitely have me waiting to see before I buy a set of MG4. But if they aren’t super special than a 3 set of MG4 will be mine. 60° HB is lovely.

The surface texture definitely wears away relatively quickly but they still spin a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just backing it into the jar with the 60 LB. No biggie.

Jesus. A 60° from 90 yards? Wouldn’t dare to imagine. I don’t think I could ever get it that far without thinning one.

Jesus. A 60° from 90 yards? Wouldn’t dare to imagine. I don’t think I could ever get it that far without thinning one.

We're all different. I use it out to about 110y but closest to the pin is all that matters. 👍🏻

We're all different. I use it out to about 110y but closest to the pin is all that matters.

I would kill for that much shaft lean to be able to do so. Sadly a 60° for me is nothing but chipping from close range.

For those gaming MG4’s, is the surface texture wearing off super quick or is it a little durable?

For those gaming MG4’s, is the surface texture wearing off super quick or is it a little durable?

Pretty sure it goes away fairly quickly

That initial sandpaperish texture, fairly quick. The actual spin tread between the groves seems to be holding up well.

More holiday fun and yet another hole out with these wedges. 😁

Back