TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 Wedges

I'm a big fan of TM wedges. Got hooked on the ATV years ago and still enjoy the TM offerings in the wedge department.

These wedges look sick.

Damn. I really like my MG3 and figured I’d continue with the 4. However, I hate the raw finish and it appears that’s all they are doing with this version.
Is that what you got out of the article? (It’s not a raw finish)

Can’t wait for these. The MG3’s have been the best I’ve found for my game.

Is that what you got out of the article? (It’s not a raw finish)
You wrote “the Raw Face design returns, meaning the face will rust in the right conditions”.
So yes, I take that as having a raw finish.

You wrote “the Raw Face design returns, meaning the face will rust in the right conditions”.
Ah, on the face yes, and it’s a trend that won’t be going away soon fwiw. I thought you were referencing the new finish on the body of the wedge which is meant to look like a raw finish, but not wear like it.

But, the MG3 has the raw face as well.

Those are some lovely looking wedges. If it wasn't for the RTX 6, those could be winners in my bag.

Great write-up! Really nice looking wedges and like the new laser face milling and the fact that the face is raw.

good looking wedges...and the copper finish option is 🔥

These are the best looking wedges I’ve seen from TaylorMade. Love the finishes and grinds available. This new green/white logo is decent too

The finish is nice. Kind of a brushed satin. Softer. Grooves look good too. Real solid. Still really like the look of them over the ball.

Anyone gaming these? Kinda absentmindedly pulled these from the demo bag for a few pitches while getting a little work done at the local shop. Looked good and felt pretty good as well.

I love the look of these and TW grind is awesome.

Anyone gaming these? Kinda absentmindedly pulled these from the demo bag for a few pitches while getting a little work done at the local shop. Looked good and felt pretty good as well.
I demoed one in August and hit them in a fitting in early summer. I wasn’t really a fan of the feel. They felt clanky and very unforgiving. This is coming from someone who loved the 3s, 2s and OG. I ended up going for the hitoes

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be putting a 48º in the bag depending on the irons I end up with next season.

I demoed one in August and hit them in a fitting in early summer. I wasn’t really a fan of the feel. They felt clanky and very unforgiving. This is coming from someone who loved the 3s, 2s and OG. I ended up going for the hitoes
The 4s feel worse than the 3s? That’s a bummer.

I have watched a few reviews and every reviewer that I have watched has raved about the performance.

I have watched a few reviews and every reviewer that I have watched has raved about the performance.
It could have just been a bad day, I didn’t really use them much but i was not very impressed in that short amount of time. Talking strictly feel. No complaints about spin or anything

I have been playing some Milled Grind wedges the last few rounds. I have an MG4 58* Std C grind in the bag. I hit my best shot of the year with it, a shot from 66 yards. The shot felt pure and flew high. It slam dunked into the hole for an eagle. The ball never touched the green.

IMG_6089.png

BTW, these wedges look, sound and feel great to me.

Yeah the 4s are a solid improvement over the 3s, and I liked the 3s. Taking away the the raised grooves within the grooves for the current cut is a big part for performance and I think they feel better too.

That Copper is Gorgeous. They almost look like hollow bodies, and the new Grind profiles would let me open the Face wide.

I want to try these.

I hit these at Carls the other day. Very nice, but I walked out with an RTX Tour Rack because I already have some and we get along very well. And the RTX (not RTX 6) was $60.00 LESS.

Back