Taylormade putters

OldCoach

Wannabe
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm seriously looking into getting a new Taylormade putter (I can get a deal on their brand) and I want to hear from you guys that have one so I can get the best one for me. So please tell me what kind of TM flatsick you have and pros/cons to it. I'm a left hand low and been swinging a mallet but I'm not against a blade. I'm all ears!

Can't go wrong with a Spider Ghost. I game a 34" CS version with 14g weights.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Same here, I bought the spider ghost and it's the only club that I haven't replaced-recently got new irons and woods and wedges-the fact that you can change the weight of the mallet head to accommodate personal weight and feel preference or to compensate for an oversized grip makes it really fun to use.Sure it's bigger than most putters, but the amount of roll and "forgiveness" on off center hits makes this guy a great choice, I love the amount of roll the pure roll insert gave me! Plus you can get the belly putter version if you want too!

Spoiler

7182648093_694e5b6886.jpg

7485177224_2c1ca1c3a1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the Spider Ghost is à great putter in either regular or belly. I posted pic's of my flat black Spider. I think it the best putter TM has. It is so forgiving, weighted correctly (and you can even play with the weights), and rolls the ball beter than any insert out there.

Spider ghost is a great putter

Yes, the Spider Ghost is à great putter in either regular or belly. I posted pic's of my flat black Spider. I think it the best putter TM has. It is so forgiving, weighted correctly (and you can even play with the weights), and rolls the ball beter than any insert out there.

I saw that pics, and yes that is one sick looking putter. Would love to that to my Scotty, but just couldnt bear to do it.

When I rolled the Spider Ghost at Dick's, I really liked it. Ball felt great off the putter face and it just felt like I could make a nice, repetitive stroke with it. If I were to own a TaylorMade putter, that would be it.

I don't own one, but the Pure Roll insert is my favorite that I've ever tried. Of the models I rolled, I loved the Manta. Good alignment and it just puts a good roll on the ball in general.

I have the TM 770 mallet and love it!!! You are right the pure roll insert felt the best to me. I had the shaft cut to 34", put a mid size grip on it and I am putting by far the best I have ever!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I recently got a great deal on a TM Sebring rossa classic blade putter. I was having problems with distance control and consistent line. This putter helped immensely. I can now confidently 2 putt inside 30 ft. I also find that the off centre hits still turn out good. With my old odyssey and ping the toe hits would just die. With the TM you still get a pretty good roll with toe hits and end up with a decent putt. I'm very happy with TM putters.

That is a very slick looking putter. I thought I would hear more "Manta rage" but it seems like the Spider is taking the cake. Thanks for the feedback so far, I'm planning on ordering it (which ever i decide on) by the end if the week.

I've noticed that I can judge distances perfectly with my spider ghost, I just need to learn to read greens better haha, but the spider ghost has really helped my game!

I have the TM 770 mallet and love it!!! You are right the pure roll insert felt the best to me. I had the shaft cut to 34", put a mid size grip on it and I am putting by far the best I have ever!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I used exactly the same putter in the Morgan Cup last year, and was really impressed compared to their offerings of even just a few years prior. I am not a big fan of inserts, but the Pure Roll insert is to date the best one I've putted with. I like the classic mid-mallet head shape of the 770, and have never felt comfortable with the big max MOI heads like the Ghost Spider.

If it wasn't for the non-insert SeeMore mFGP2 (particularly the Rifle Scope Technology that I really missed), I would probably still be using the 770.

I have also been putting left hand low. I have a straight back and thru motion.

The spider vicino is a great putter for that.

I don't own one, but the Pure Roll insert is my favorite that I've ever tried. Of the models I rolled, I loved the Manta. Good alignment and it just puts a good roll on the ball in general.

+1

I have the ghost manta belly putter and love it. So much that it is my only non-Callaway club in my bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the Taylormade Daytona Ghost Blade. I have just really started to work on my putting because I just about have my full swing where I want it. I have always been a decent putter no matter what blade style I have used. Since I have started on working with the putter I have become to dislike it.

Here are the reasons why. I have always noticed that there is a definitive difference when you hit the ball in its sweet spot on this putter and you don't. Not from the aspect of pushing or pulling, that is obvious. But more so with any putter I have tried the is a big distance discrepancy when you do and don't hit the sweet spot. I didn't really notice until I started working on putting a couple of weeks ago.

The problem for me is the blade, alignment tool (3 lines), and sweet spot don't meet my eye. I have been working on shortening my stroke to hit the sweet spot because I love how it feels when the ball comes off of it on this putter. The What is happening is that it is really messing with my accuracy and judgement of where to align. I can get the distance right, just not my aim. When I put to the blade and how it meets my eye I do great with the accuracy part. The problem is I have to hit it a little harder. When I hit it a little harder and part of the ball hits that sweet spot it takes off and I am 8 feet past the hole. Can't tell you how many times I knew I missed with this putter because it hits and rims out.

Frustrating to say the least. I think I just need to work on getting more comfortable lining up and hitting the sweet spot. It is just taking a hole heck of a lot longer than I want.

I'm seriously looking into getting a new Taylormade putter (I can get a deal on their brand) and I want to hear from you guys that have one so I can get the best one for me. So please tell me what kind of TM flatsick you have and pros/cons to it. I'm a left hand low and been swinging a mallet but I'm not against a blade. I'm all ears!

Depends on your stroke. If you are straight-back-straight-through, a face-balanced putter, usually a mallet, is best. If you putt on an arc -- inside to inside or inside down the line -- a blade would be better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have the corza ghost putter, like it a lot but purchased a nickent omen long putter today, ghost def feels more solid on contact, can't go wrong with Taylor made !

I have two TaylorMade putters, one of which I love and the other I like.

THe putter I love is the TM 770 with the pure roll insert has been my go to gamer for about a year now and I love it.

The putter I like it the TM spider ghost, and while I havent' spent a ton of time with it, I never really loved you.

Hands down, the best putter ever made(for me) the Taylormade Ghost Spider.
Take a look at the Manta as well.

Garcia, I'm a straight back and thru putter with a fairly short stroke. I shot my best score ever today with 25 putts, but I'm still gonna order cause my old Rossie isn't so swell on fast greens.

I've had my Rossa Tourismo for about 5 years now & I still like it a lot. I think it was released about the same time as the original TM Spider, so it got overshadowed due to the hype of the Spider.

TM demo day this weekend, I might have to run up there and roll every putter they have.

Another vote for the 34" Ghost Spider putter here. I have a Winn Jumbo Pistol grip on mine and absolutly love the thing. Fantastic putter, gives great roll on the greens, site beautifully behind the ball and gives real confidence at address.

Only putter I have found that comes remotley close at the moment in the Nike Method Drone which is also pretty good.

Alright here we go.
i rolled quite a few putters today and as for me I was quite surprised with the outcome. Corza was the best putter I used by any brand with the new Nike drone coming in at second. I was surprised by this as there has been little rave as of late anyways about the Corza, and anytime Nike has a good golf product I'm surprised. The spider felt like a VERY perimeter balanced putter, to the point where I felt like I noticed it during the stroke. Miss hits did perform well though. Third ranked was a Tigershark (can't remember the model name, but was a mallet). It gets a plus for consistency with its feel and alignment seemed very natural with its setup. I again tried to get use to a belly putter but it just feels way to awkward. And the last one I'll bring up is the Manta, it felt very light and almost hollow on contact. I was most disappointed with it, I guess because of marketing and I wanted to like it. Well, let's see if I actually place the order for the putter now.

Back