TaylorMade R1 Driver Review - Forum Testing Thread

Best results I saw with this club were turning down loft and tee height. I gained probably 15 yards at that 9 degree range and working on hitting up, rather than lofting up.

I've got this club back in the bag this week. I like all the adjustability this club offers. I don't know if the adjustability is working or its just a mental thing but I'm hitting more fairways and my dispersion is better.

This was a solid club. Don't regret moving on, but man what a fairway finder. My league partner is still gaming this one. Interesting that this is working when the G30 didn't. They were both fairway finders for me, but go with what's working! :D

Best results I saw with this club were turning down loft and tee height. I gained probably 15 yards at that 9 degree range and working on hitting up, rather than lofting up.

That's funny because I was the opposite on tee height. I found that the sweet spot on this one was higher for me. Different strokes!

This was a solid club. Don't regret moving on, but man what a fairway finder. My league partner is still gaming this one. Interesting that this is working when the G30 didn't. They were both fairway finders for me, but go with what's working! :D
Oh, it is completely a case of it being the Indian and not the arrow. Sometimes Indians can be mental...

In other news I had this on Trackman at my lesson Sunday. Misses were carrying @220, 'normal' fade swings were carrying @245, the one better ball carried @255, all with SS in the 98-100 range, face set to neutral, weight in the draw setting and loft up to 11.5 (?).

Back