TaylorMade SIM Drivers

SIM Max is the real deal. This is what I hoped the M5/M6 would be. The more time
I’ve spent with it working out the Motore X F1, the more impressed I’ve become.

I enjoyed my brief affair with Sim Max, but I've moved back to Flash. They're both incredible, but I just have more firepower with the Flash & I'm inaccurate either way.

I enjoyed my brief affair with Sim Max, but I've moved back to Flash. They're both incredible, but I just have more firepower with the Flash & I'm inaccurate either way.
Definitely both fun drivers. I wish I could have gotten over the sound of the Flash, but that’s my bugaboo sadly when it comes to drivers.

So many good options out there for sure, almost too many :ROFLMAO:

Definitely both fun drivers. I wish I could have gotten over the sound of the Flash, but that’s my bugaboo sadly when it comes to drivers.

So many good options out there for sure, almost too many :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. I don't mind the sound of the Flash at all, but Sim Max sounds nicer for sure.
Before I sell the Sim Max I'm going to experiment with it as a short driver/3 wood replacement. Just need a heavy weight and a shaft to cut!

Agreed. I don't mind the sound of the Flash at all, but Sim Max sounds nicer for sure.
Before I sell the Sim Max I'm going to experiment with it as a short driver/3 wood replacement. Just need a heavy weight and a shaft to cut!
A thriver experiment is always a good time!

Once I discovered Global's U-Try program I had to get a SIM to prove to myself that it's no better than my Rogue. After two rounds, feel with this club is very, very solid. I assume it's the injected foam, as every strike feels like it was struck with the centre of the club face. I know that's not the case, but at least that's the feel.
My ball flight seems more controlled with the SIM - I can't launch it quite as high as the Rogue but the ball gets small in a hurry off the face so that doesn't bother me. As with my Rogue, the ball starts on a line and holds it all the way to the ground, occasionally I get a baby draw out of it.
Distance wise it is on par or slightly longer than the Rogue - solid strikes earn me about 10 extra yards. The verdict? Overall for me I think it's a great club, but would be better suited to someone playing an older model driver (are my playing partners reading this?)

Man, SIM Max 9.0 turned down with the Motore F1 6X is an animal for me.

I know I’m in an echo chamber a bit here on the Sim drivers, but they’re really really solid. They handily beat out everything I’ve thrown at them this year besides the EXS Pro.

Man, SIM Max 9.0 turned down with the Motore F1 6X is an animal for me.

I know I’m in an echo chamber a bit here on the Sim drivers, but they’re really really solid. They handily beat out everything I’ve thrown at them this year besides the EXS Pro.

Its changed my game since I got it! I’m easily 2 clubs shorter into greens now it’s comforting to know I can just go full send and as long as I’m lined up it’s no fail.

And the 3w is just the same. My dad about **** himself when I pulled it out to reach a par 5 in 2 from 250 out and I said “legends aren’t born, they’re made” then proceeded to rope it pin high.

I was skeptical about the twist face since they launched that tech but I’m a full believer now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello - Does the SIM spin alot less than the Max? I know the Max is more forgiving. Thinking of putting a Rogue Silver in a Max head to help with the spin.

Hello - Does the SIM spin alot less than the Max? I know the Max is more forgiving. Thinking of putting a Rogue Silver in a Max head to help with the spin.
250 to 300 RPM less for me

250 to 300 RPM less for me

Ok thank you
Wonder if the lower spin is worth the less forgiving.
Maybe moving to a lower spinning shaft is better and keeping the Max.

I've moved back to Sim Max a couple months ago and I'm glad I did. This driver and I are just absolutely clicking right now. There isn't a fairway in the world I don't feel like I can hit with it. 75% fwys since going back in the bag, 255 distance avg in the winter cold/wet/slop - I just can't ask for any more out of a big stick.

Follow up 7 months later. I'm absolutely murdering the ball (by my standards) with my Sim Max/Tensei 1K combo.
It doesn't just beat any challengers, it destroys them and salts their land right now. Long and accurate.

During a Titleist Thursday fitting yesterday I was struggling to get the TSi2 or 3 above 156 ball speed. Took one swing with ol faithful and hit 160 on a frozen rope.
20210812_165330.jpg

Not picking on Titleist. I prefer this club over the new Sim2 Max as well. Tried hard to get into some Callaway goodness this year and it couldn't outperform it either.

For the prices these can be had for now, the 2020 Sim Max is an absolute beast.

Anyone seen a dent in their sim face? If you look closely at this, there’s a definitely flat spot in the area above the blue speed injection. I put a claim in with TM for warranty. We’ll see. But this would explain some oddly high spin rates and a massive hook when hitting it on the tie side.

9726507b3813e4edc3ad6991d456cc82.jpg

Follow up to my last post, TM replaced my driver head under warranty. Great customer service. Hope this one holds up to my bomb hooks

Back