TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Worse driving day with SIM-TASTIC.......
9 of 13 fairways......prior 5 rds 60/68
My fears came true as I was cocky on the front nine of an unfamiliar course......took lines that weren't necessary nor truly gettable ......shot 41 with 3 fwys and only 1 green......

Short talk with self and I focused on hitting fairways and greens...... all 6 fairways and 8 greens with 2 birdies shooting 33 .....74 +3 and lesson learn.....stick to what you do best.....aim straight, hit straight......SIM-TASTIC!

Does anyone know the actual length of the sim max shaft when not installed in the head? I ordered mine 1/2” short and the club is a 1/2” longer than my ping g410 lst which is also supposed to be 45 1/4”

Does anyone know the actual length of the sim max shaft when not installed in the head? I ordered mine 1/2” short and the club is a 1/2” longer than my ping g410 lst which is also supposed to be 45 1/4”

Mine came from the factory at 44 13/16”, tip of adapter to butt of grip.

Stock sim is 45.75. So if you ordered it 1/2 short they should have been the same.

Stock sim is 45.75. So if you ordered it 1/2 short they should have been the same.

That’s what I was thinking and was why I ordered that way. I can’t even just cut that 1/2” off now because the swing weight will be to low. It’s almost perfect at just under d4 as it is. It feels so long though even though it’s only a 1/2”

Honeymoon is officially over lol.
I have hit three fairways in the last 24 holes..
Didn't help I lost faith/confidence if the tee. It's only the driver everything else is working still but I cant find the face. Went to the range... Waste of time.
Started so strong first few rounds but then something "unclicked"
Try again next week haha.

I tried liking (really wanted it to stay in the bag) the Sim Max but just couldn’t find consistency with it. Sold mine off. IMHO the M6 has a much nicer setup behind the ball.

I tried liking (really wanted it to stay in the bag) the Sim Max but just couldn’t find consistency with it. Sold mine off. IMHO the M6 has a much nicer setup behind the ball.
I was actually thinking the same after the failed range session. I've never hit the ball that far when I piped it, but Ive also never hit this many bad drives consistently.
Maybe a foray into the Speedzone line is in order.

Honeymoon is officially over lol.
I have hit three fairways in the last 24 holes..
Didn't help I lost faith/confidence if the tee. It's only the driver everything else is working still but I cant find the face. Went to the range... Waste of time.
Started so strong first few rounds but then something "unclicked"
Try again next week haha.

My last round on the front 9 I tried things that were yet proven with this club.....on the back I went with tried and true methods and hit all the fairways.....when swinging well, I have very little curvature of the golf ball and must remember that I can't hit "BUBBA" flights with 30-60yds of movement.....

I was actually thinking the same after the failed range session. I've never hit the ball that far when I piped it, but Ive also never hit this many bad drives consistently.
Maybe a foray into the Speedzone line is in order.
I had the exact same experience. When dimed, it would go! But I had fairly low confidence in knowing where mediocre swings were gonna send the ball. Again, I really wanted to like the driver. Had a Ventus blue velo all setup in it. Like the balance and feel, just couldnt nail the consistency element.

I had the exact same experience. When dimed, it would go! But I had fairly low confidence in knowing where mediocre swings were gonna send the ball. Again, I really wanted to like the driver. Had a Ventus blue velo all setup in it. Like the balance and feel, just couldnt nail the consistency element.
I certainly lucked into my setup.......I truly feel as though I can't miss with SIM-TASTIC

I certainly lucked into my setup.......I truly feel as though I can't miss with SIM-TASTIC
Mine was a warranty return for a M5 with a smoke black 70g.. Got a standard sim with a diamana ...kind wish they sent the max. Oh well ....

I already have it though. Kinda late isn't it.
I'd think for satisfaction, they would send you back the shaft you had success with rather than a stock offering......can't hurt to call customer service......especially if you still the warranty number......shows you're not playing games

Good luck!

Still loving the sim max driver, and since I added the max 3w I’m loving that too. Bombed a 3w today of 245 yds. Don’t think I’ve ever hit a 3w that far!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Played an executive course with wifey today.....consistently 10yds further than where I would be with M5 .......the caveat is the flight is dreamy......

For you who aren't vertically challenged, you wouldn't understand what it feels like to see a driver at a repeating apex that is just pleasing.....being a 30ft high low cut guy ; switching to a 80-90ft guy now is awesome

The Max....is a really really really good driver.

If not for the TEE EXS Pro, it’s the gamer.

Numbers I’m getting best everything else I’ve tried this year, except the Pro.

This was my range session yesterday. Blue is sim, res is my old Great Big Bertha. White is where I setup and the yellow indicates the 250 mark. I only did 5 each to try and ping them with the range finder. The ones way offline are a guess, but they FLEW the trees.. not the most scientific method but I just wanted to share what I'm seeing with this club.

Sim is upright 9°, weight near heel, stock diamana stiff. Ball flight is low bullets.
Most of these are guesses since I lost nearly all the balls into the bushes except for the one on the fairway beside the range. Man these things fly off this club but who knows where.

GBB is 9°, neutral weight, stock speeder stiff. Ball flight is mid to kinda high.
Not nearly as much distance or speed, and totally different side of the range.

I hit alot more with each club and was more of the same. Me and Sim might have to breakup, looks like I'll have to decide between being somewhat playable at 250 or throwing my clubs near 300.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-093837~2.png
    Screenshot_20200728-093837~2.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 19
This was my range session yesterday. Blue is sim, res is my old Great Big Bertha. White is where I setup and the yellow indicates the 250 mark. I only did 5 each to try and ping them with the range finder. The ones way offline are a guess, but they FLEW the trees.. not the most scientific method but I just wanted to share what I'm seeing with this club.

Sim is upright 9°, weight near heel, stock diamana stiff. Ball flight is low bullets.
Most of these are guesses since I lost nearly all the balls into the bushes except for the one on the fairway beside the range. Man these things fly off this club but who knows where.

GBB is 9°, neutral weight, stock speeder stiff. Ball flight is mid to kinda high.
Not nearly as much distance or speed, and totally different side of the range.

I hit alot more with each club and was more of the same. Me and Sim might have to breakup, looks like I'll have to decide between being somewhat playable at 250 or throwing my clubs near 300.

I'd implore you to try 10.5* with ventus red

D11365A8-A9A2-4F6E-BBAE-5AF7A19F00E6.jpeg

It’s amazing how far things have come visually since the OG M1

Do you mean a 10.5° head, or lofting up?

I'm thinking 10.5* head.....not nearly as much as the sldr but more loft is needed.....but certainly can try your 9* up a degree or 2.....morikama and Rory both have 8* heads lofted up without fear of hooks

Sooo.....what say you? I found I had to play my Sim Max in the upright position to keep it on the golf course. I always hit a draw and my miss is often left.

Sooo.....what say you? I found I had to play my Sim Max in the upright position to keep it on the golf course. I always hit a draw and my miss is often left.

Hype or not... Me and the Sim are over...
Ive lost too many balls to fades/slices, and could've snapped it in half a dozen times now lmao....
I've played the last round with my old GBB and it was nice to have my good old draw back.

Anyone in Canada looking for a Sim? I know a guy.

Back