TaylorMade Stealth 2 Fairways and Rescues

Not really sure why this isn’t a deeper thread as the Stealth 2+ is awesome.

Took it out on it’s maiden voyage and hit 6 of 7 fairways and averaged around 215 or so which was basically all carry which is deep for me with a 5 wood.

Besides the speed and adjustability, having the deeper face really helps my miss. I tend to miss high and towards the toe. This gives me extra real estate to miss in that area compared to the more pancake style fairway woods.

This is going to be fun to carry into next year.

Took it out on it’s maiden voyage and hit 6 of 7 fairways and averaged around 215 or so which was basically all carry which is deep for me with a 5 wood.

Besides the speed and adjustability, having the deeper face really helps my miss. I tend to miss high and towards the toe. This gives me extra real estate to miss in that area compared to the more pancake style fairway woods.

The slightly deeper face is a big reason why I moved to the S2+ woods. I also tend to miss a little high on the face and would catch my old skinny Exotics too high and shots would balloon, etc. Especially off a tee on short par 4s/long par 3s. Much better time hitting the S2+ woods in those situations without feeling like they are too big to hit off of tighter fairway lies.

Snagged a Stealth 2 3+ before the holidays and I really like what I'm seeing out of this one so far. I seem to get along better with a deeper face off the deck, and I didn't expect the TR Red to be a good match but here we are. Mostly hoping for a second option off the tee out of this slot in the bag, but that may change as the season progresses. Really like the crown, that matte line where the face connects is a nice frame to square up behind the ball. This is a really crisp-sounding fairway.

The maiden voyage was all off the tee for me. Hoping to get out this weekend and be presented with a few options where I can take it off the deck.

Yup, the deeper face is great compared to some others. And it's not a tiny head in general for the type flight and performance. Pretty unique and has been a big weapon for me. Glad to hear you started off well with it.

Yup, the deeper face is great compared to some others. And it's not a tiny head in general for the type flight and performance. Pretty unique and has been a big weapon for me. Glad to hear you started off well with it.
The not tiny comment resonated with me. It is not intimidating at all to look at. That may be me bringing my bias into it as I’ve never quite gelled with big fairway woods but it wasn’t scary small.

Now that I think on it, the Mizuno St-g fairway presented smaller to my eye when I looked at those in the shop last week.

Offt all I can say they look absolutely incredible, I'm sure my wife won't agree with me but I definitely think I need that hybrid

When I get a chance I'll see if I can do a review on them

This club found the circle of trust fast. Found a green from 215 from the rough, hit the two fairways when used off the tee, and got me greenside in two from the fairway. The deeper face works well for me.

That said, in the Midwest soup the garage does collect a bunch of junk.

The not tiny comment resonated with me. It is not intimidating at all to look at. That may be me bringing my bias into it as I’ve never quite gelled with big fairway woods but it wasn’t scary small.

Now that I think on it, the Mizuno St-g fairway presented smaller to my eye when I looked at those in the shop last week.
I got similar numbers with my Aerojet LS on some things, but the presentation was pretty different. It was very small visually in comparison. And a lot shallower, and as someone who tends to be mid to mid high on the face it crept into my confidence. This one looks more like a deep standard but plays and adjusts like an player's head.

I got similar numbers with my Aerojet LS on some things, but the presentation was pretty different. It was very small visually in comparison. And a lot shallower, and as someone who tends to be mid to mid high on the face it crept into my confidence. This one looks more like a deep standard but plays and adjusts like a player's head.
The LS was more visually small?

Was absolutely striping my 3 and 5 woods today. May have hit my best 3 wood ever on one par 5. Didn't get to the green with the wind in my face, but pitched it up from around 40 yards and had a 12 foot birdie attempt...but an absolutely perfect 3 off the deck in every way.

And 5 wood as automatic as always. Used it off the tee on a few of the shorter, tight par 4s and it just wants to fly high and straight and beautiful with a soft landing. I left one leaking a little right on 16 drifting towards the trees but it landed soft and stayed just on the edge of the fairway.

I play both the 3 and 5 with the weight slid all the way back since I'm not a high ball hitter. I want them landing soft. But they never balloon, either. Just great, even in some wind.

So this may be a crazy internet golfer idea, but I feel like there is enough adjustability to put two of these in the bag and still get proper gapping. One with lower loft and weight forward to be more of a bomber, one with higher loft and weight back to float into greens.

So this may be a crazy internet golfer idea, but I feel like there is enough adjustability to put two of these in the bag and still get proper gapping. One with lower loft and weight forward to be more of a bomber, one with higher loft and weight back to float into greens.
Can absolutely do that. Most go with one of each but I've seen it work well with two pluses the way you're describing.

Can absolutely do that. Most go with one of each but I've seen it work well with two pluses the way you're describing.
I've been looking for something to fit a gap that can land softer than my current option. Been testing some of the old stuff, and looking forward to the new stuff, but haven't found the right one yet. As I've been thinking about that, I recalled that this club, with different settings was more or less hitting that spot.

Downside is the same club twice is a little boring when new and shiny is out there :)

3 woods and I have not always gotten along, but this 3+ and I are getting along just fine. So far it’s served its purpose for me as a second tee club, and I hit it off the deck twice tonight with some really nice results. Don’t see myself going back to the 4W anytime soon - that deep face is a confidence inspiring sight behind the ball.

Hit the 3+ twice yesterday and it is an absolute cannon. Teed up it launches so high, and I love that it’s easy enough to hit off the deck that I’m not tucking my tail between my legs and behind to go back to my shallow faced 5 wood. These new developments in the top end of the bag might be leading to some new ponders 🤔

Hit the 3+ twice yesterday and it is an absolute cannon. Teed up it launches so high, and I love that it’s easy enough to hit off the deck that I’m not tucking my tail between my legs and behind to go back to my shallow faced 5 wood. These new developments in the top end of the bag might be leading to some new ponders 🤔
I have OG rocket and it seems maybe fade biased to me. Could be just my swing. It launches higher than 15* 3 woods I have had especially when I leave the face open. IMO the sole style is the best I have hit off real turf.

I still love the heads, but may look at different shafts this summer.

Back