Tee it up on par 3s?

Would you always use a tee if you played in colder climates that use bent grass, that is clipped very tight?
Yep. If it's real tight anything it'd get a tee.

Always use a broken tee to sit it just above the ground (y)

The only time I don't is if its a very SHORT par 3. We have one on my course that typically plays about 70 yards (Don't get me started), but I'm like 50/50 on whether or not to tee it up. For me a 70 yd shot is a partial 56* wedge shot, and really the key for me is getting the bottom of the swing at the right spot. Fat and thin are both death on that hole (island green). So I tend to go back on forth on teeing it up or just getting good grass. OTHERWISE I'm always putting a peg in the ground for a par three, unless I'm angrily dropping #2 and preparing to hit #3 :ROFLMAO:.

Yes, tee it up.

Broken tee, if I want, but I always jiggle the tee back and forth so it is loose and can move easily when club meets a now movable object (the tee) that is just peeking above the ground with iron, and more with a fwy.

Always tee it up when you have the chance. So you cut down your chances of hitting the big ball first :cool:

Always tee it up on the Par 3s.

Use a smaller Evolve Tee, will occasionally adjust height

Yep. If it's real tight anything it'd get a tee.
That’s what I figured. The game is so different playing on Bermuda than what I play almost all the time. I remember as a kid, we moved from Utah to South Carolina and I saw all of the Bermuda and thought, why do they grow crab grass everywhere down here? LOL

Of course, it's silly not to, on short ones just a hair, but on longer holes I'll tee it up a good 1/2".

I heard early on in my golf life that Jack Nicklaus said to always tee it up on a par 3 so I just stuck with it. Harvey Penick said the same thing. Makes sense to me.

Absolutely tee it up. My ball striking isn't good enough to turn down a little room for error.

I use a broken tee generally and tee it right down to the ground. Why not give yourself a perfect lie when you can. The exception being if I am out playing alone at night I just drop a ball on the ground and roll it over to give a good lie. It saves a few seconds and I am not playing for score.

It depends. Pretty much no with PW down unless I want to fly it a little high and a tad shorter then I may tee it up a bit. It’s iffy on the 8-9 depending on my mood and condition of the tee box. Always 7 and up.

I just started a thread about this in the swing forum this morning. I really struggle hitting irons and woods off a tee. End up hitting it high on the face, then the bottom of the iron gets caught on the tee and it’s just terrible.
That or i’ll hit it off the toe really nasty.

I have a lot of trouble gauging the bottom of my swing in relation to the tee for some reason. So i always hit off the deck. Even my hybrids and woods. (Those i usually sky the shot if i try to use a tee/or toe it as well) Driver is the only club i use a tee for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use small tees and tee it down to the grown. Just a smidge off.

I feel I just get a better placement with the ball.

Yes. You only get 18 perfect lies a round, why waste 4 of them?

Even if barely above the ground you’ll achieve the perfect lie that you want. Use it. Silly not to IMO.

this 1,000,000%... I never understood the concept of not doing so unless you're someone who just has your quirks down

I always have but am going to experiment with not doing it. Seems I pull a lot more irons when they are on the tee, for some reason, than when I am hitting them off the ground.

Same. I think it’s becsuse you expect perfect contact and complete a full swing. It takes a committed mindset to make a complete full swing from the ground. I miss more left off the tee and more right off the deck, throughout the bag.

Back