Tee it up on par 3s?

I always have but am going to experiment with not doing it. Seems I pull a lot more irons when they are on the tee, for some reason, than when I am hitting them off the ground.

Yep always. Feels wrong not to

The only time I don’t is if it’s 105 or less. I can’t hit my 54* & 58* off a tee for some reason

I use a short Tee for Hybrid on longer yardages. For iron shots depends on condition of the tee box, if all hack up with divots I'll use a tee but if I can fluff it on the grass I'll hit off the deck. I don't know why but I tend to hit an iron straighter off the deck.

Have always teed it up on every tee shot.

I use a 1 inch tee to keep the ball just at the top of the grass.

100% yes! All the time. As has been pointed out there are 18 chances to give yourself a perfect lie in a round. It seems absolutely crazy to give four of those up.

Always, I use a smaller tee,

Do you use a tee on par three holes? I generally do (have small tees for it) but will put the tee all the way to the ground so I get a clean lie for my irons.

Not sure why, but gives me more confidence when I tee it up a bit. If I’m using a hybrid I’ll definitely tee those longer par 3s up
I tee up to different heights and utilize different ball positions to create different shots. I may tee up high to get an extra high ball flight to a small elevated green, or low and slightly to create a lower runner shot.

Do you use a tee on par three holes? I generally do (have small tees for it) but will put the tee all the way to the ground so I get a clean lie for my irons.

Not sure why, but gives me more confidence when I tee it up a bit. If I’m using a hybrid I’ll definitely tee those longer par 3s up
I do. I tee it so that the ball is just above the ground though. I believe it was Jack Nicklaus who once said that if you can tee it up and give yourself a perfect lie, why wouldnt you? If its good enough for Jack, its good enough for the rest of us.

I do. I tee it so that the ball is just above the ground though. I believe it was Jack Nicklaus who once said that if you can tee it up and give yourself a perfect lie, why wouldnt you? If its good enough for Jack, its good enough for the rest of us.

Beat me to it!

Always, usually a broken one left behind & just barely above the grass.

I carry short tees in one pocket and 99% of the time I tee the ball up on par 3's. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to use a tee?

Always tee it up. I’ll take as much advantage as I’m allowed. Longer irons I’ll tee it up a tad higher, but generally I’ll have the tee down low so it’s like it’s sitting on a fluffy lie.

Always, I need all the help I can get.

Absolutely! In my mind it gives me an advantage.....

I’ll either use a tee or tuff up the turf a little bit to make a little mound to hit off of. A wedge is usually just off the grass though

Always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First year that I have consistently used a tee on par 3s, and depending on the iron, I may tee it up a little more. I’ve been happy with the results.

I refuse to tee up a wedge...

That said, anything PW or above (yes I know it's a pitching WEDGE) I definitely tee up, albeit low. may as well take a perfect lie when it is giving to you.

Back