Teeing it Up in the Cold

Plastic pop bottle lids. Carry 3 or 4 in a bright color ( red).
That many will last me a full 18 holes with some left.
I use a 3 or 4 wood at the most during those rounds.

I use wood tees in the cold and just push them in.

I switch to wood when the ground freezes. Was hoping for another winter like most of last year was.. doesn't appear to be happening. It has been COLD

If the ground is literally frozen, I’m more shocked the superintendent would allow the course to be open.

I played today and most of the greens were frozen. REALLY hard to stop the ball (think cart path-like bounces and sounds when you flew a shot on to some of the greens) but there wasn't really anything you were going to do damage them. If you could find a ball mark at all, it was a lot more of a scuff than a mark.

Was a cold one today around 5* but sunny. Half the tee boxes were frozen ,greens as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't played in freezing weather in years but I used to semi-routinely. Then you could count me as another who used the rubber tees like under the mats at the range.

Bought a bunch on ebay and cut to different heights, worked very well.

Forecast for tomorrow where I am, teeing off at 9.30 assuming the course is open (currently raining quite heavy here)

Actual temperature isn't too bad as it was about that last Saturday but with the wind chill it will feel considerably cooler

I have converted the temperature for you foreigners
a7265f05f69d9b87bfe19d08d48f97bf.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The ground here does get hard but it doesn't freeze; honestly, I'm very happy that I don't have this problem in the winter month

Back