Korda drops another seeded player in his third round win! 🔥

This Korda match is ridiculous. Nobody wants to win or hold serve!
Edit: 12/14 games have broken serve in the 5th set.
Also happy birthday Korda!

Korda’s run ends in the fourth round, but it matches his best showing at a major and ends a great run for his first Wimbledon. He was the only American man to make the round of 16. Gauff and Keys remain in the women’s draw.

I played for many years and used to watch the majors. Now no interest and it may be the lack of any American Men in the running. Never thought of it that way but may explain my lack of energy for the sport

The "big three" Rafa, Djokovic and Federer have won 60 of the last 72 majors. Tgat is absolutely nuts
I've been trying to come up with an analogy with what they are doing. It's just staggering. It's like having three Jack Nicklaus' at the same time - or three guys that have shattered Nicklaus' major record at the same time.

It's just insane that we're living in this era of tennis. Sampras was the man to me when I was growing up - I guess his record was in jeopardy, but I never would have guessed it would be shattered by one guy, much less three.

I've been trying to come up with an analogy with what they are doing. It's just staggering. It's like having three Jack Nicklaus' at the same time - or three guys that have shattered Nicklaus' major record at the same time.

It's just insane that we're living in this era of tennis. Sampras was the man to me when I was growing up - I guess his record was in jeopardy, but I never would have guessed it would be shattered by one guy, much less three.
and the joker i still going....rafa could win another french but not sure he can win the other 3. sadly, i think fed is done.

and the joker i still going....rafa could win another french but not sure he can win the other 3. sadly, i think fed is done.
I'm pretty sure the joker will end up with the record. He's younger, healthier, and hungry for more. Amazing what the last 20 years have been in tennis with those big 3!

Will be crazy if he wins the US Open and caps off winning all four in the same year. Has that ever been done? I don't believe it ever has.

Will be crazy if he wins the US Open and caps off winning all four in the same year. Has that ever been done? I don't believe it ever has.
Don Budge and Rod Laver have done it. Only Laver in the modern era though.

sadly, i think fed is done.
inevitable but makes me :cry::cry::cry:

I'm pretty sure the joker will end up with the record. He's younger, healthier, and hungry for more. Amazing what the last 20 years have been in tennis with those big 3!
yeah, i think Djoker is gonna end up with a few more at this rate. Fed is my all time favorite but I'm starting to think Djoker is the GOAT when you look at his head-to-head against Nadal and Fed and a bunch of other stats. Dude is an animal.

Isner is out in the first round as the top seeded US men’s player…

Isner is out in the first round as the top seeded US men’s player…
what do your psychic powers tell you about the future of US men's tennis? will we ever see it revitalized?

what do your psychic powers tell you about the future of US men's tennis? will we ever see it revitalized?
Sheesh I don’t know, it really seems kind of hopeless doesn’t it? I’m not sure what kind of roadmap is needed to revitalize the sport here.

Sheesh I don’t know, it really seems kind of hopeless doesn’t it? I’m not sure what kind of roadmap is needed to revitalize the sport here.
Yes, it has felt hopeless for a while unfortunately. Some young hopefuls every few years that aren't even in the top 30 a couple years later. There seems to be more hope in the women's game at least.

Yes, it has felt hopeless for a while unfortunately. Some young hopefuls every few years that aren't even in the top 30 a couple years later. There seems to be more hope in the women's game at least.
Doesn’t stop me from pulling for a dark horse in all the majors! I generally only watch 4 tennis tournaments per year.

Doesn’t stop me from pulling for a dark horse in all the majors! I generally only watch 4 tennis tournaments per year.
similar for me. tennis channel not renewing their deal with YouTube TV has led to me watching considerably less tennis

I disagree, they have been coddled. And have always had bad attitudes. I hope neither on them win again. The problem is that women's tennis is terrible....so she might win 1 more. It's not like golf where there are tons of good players to take over tigers mantle.

There are tons of good golfers, but NO ONE is taking over Tiger's mantle anytime soon!

The context is interesting. She is speaking out in support of Osaka who has big time anxiety (and anyone who has experienced that should absolutely get it), by stating that her superiority in tennis to anyone asking her about tennis effectively gives her comfort.

....which is a very strange way of saying "I know I can play better than most, which is how I handle these experiences"

Light a candle to her? The the heck does she think she is, a saint? And let's face it, the reporters are just trying to do their jobs, and they are sometimes ill served by their employers, by being assigned to sports they are unfamiliar with!

Love the US Open. Especially with the crowd back. Watching tennis late night from NYC is awesome. Mens game needs some old fashioned rivalries again IMO. Goat, ND and Rafa winding down is leaving a void. Really gonna miss Fed. Women's game in pretty good shape.

I love New York 😆

Forcing spectators of the US Open to be vaccinated but not the players is the height of elitist hypocrisy.

"You peons...you must be vaccinated...but the players who make millions? Nope, different rules for them..."

I almost couldn't believe I just read that earlier today, but I did. Welcome to America 2020....where insanity is the only thing that makes sense anymore...

Back