AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was checking out the French Open and it's cool seeing Nadal and the joker still dominating....BUT...that does bring in the fact that no man has come forward to take that spot from them.

Those guys, including the GOAT Federer, are getting very long in the tooth. Who carries men's tennis moving forward. Too bad no Americans are any good. It's was fun watching Agassi and Sampras and before them Connors and Mac.

I was checking out the French Open and it's cool seeing Nadal and the joker still dominating....BUT...that does bring in the fact that no man has come forward to take that spot from them.

Those guys, including the GOAT Federer, are getting very long in the tooth. Who carries men's tennis moving forward. Too bad no Americans are any good. It's was fun watching Agassi and Sampras and before them Connors and Mac.
I agree with you. There isn't an American male tennis player in the top 30 in the world. That's sad to me. I keep thinking one of these up coming youngsters will take the tour by storm but nobody seems to come up consistently. Thiem gets there once in a while, Zverev has great matches, then you wonder where he went after poor play. Medvedev is the same, plays great one tournament, then loses a dumb match. Rublev and Tsitsipas are inconsistent with their play. I don't know who is going to come up and take out the Big 3.

Tennis? I think I can clear this up for you. There is no American male in the world's top 30 because there is just just about zero interest in tennis in this country right now. Except for women's tennis, and with Venus and, especially, Serena retired, where will that go?

There is a sports betting radio network called VSIN, Vegas Sports & Information Network, that advertises live betting, in match, on tennis tournaments. I figure the only reason that they are broadcasting this is because it's cheap, and they can afford it! And that tennis is desperate for exposure!

Interesting post. I haven't followed tennis for years and nor have I registered the small US presence these days.
So different to the days of McEnroe, Conners, Evert, Austin, etc. which I loved (70's and 80's tennis was superb).
Wonder why certain countries/areas dominate sports at certain times?

I just dont know how anyone could like the William's sisters. Great players but they don't seem like nice people.

They have been treated poorly by the press, many fans, and even tournament organizers over the years so I understand how they can come across as cynical. I’d like to see Serena pass Court in major wins, but beyond that I’m ready for the next generation of American tennis. And Coco is on her best run at Roland Garros, so there’s someone to cheer for!

They have been treated poorly by the press, many fans, and even tournament organizers over the years so I understand how they can come across as cynical. I’d like to see Serena pass Court in major wins, but beyond that I’m ready for the next generation of American tennis. And Coco is on her best run at Roland Garros, so there’s someone to cheer for!
I disagree, they have been coddled. And have always had bad attitudes. I hope neither on them win again. The problem is that women's tennis is terrible....so she might win 1 more. It's not like golf where there are tons of good players to take over tigers mantle.

My wife grew up playing competitive tennis and hockey. Ultimately chose to specialize in hockey and played D1. We still play tennis together in the summer. I might have a step on her but when she gets going her serve can't be beat (I sometimes catch it). That being said we almost never watch tennis on tv. The stars are older and ad everyone had said, not many competitive Americans. Fish had done a better job at golf lately!

I enjoy playing tennis for a good workout but find it a touch boring to watch the back and forth on tv. We need a star to come along. Even my wife doesn't watch more than 15-20 mins of it on tv.

I disagree, they have been coddled. And have always had bad attitudes. I hope neither on them win again. The problem is that women's tennis is terrible....so she might win 1 more. It's not like golf where there are tons of good players to take over tigers mantle.
That’s what I love about women’s tennis! Thank goodness I don’t pick a bracket because it would be busted early in every tournament. I also only watch the majors for the most part so I’m not a huge fan. I need to make a better effort to get to Flushing Meadows while it’s only a drive away. I’ve only been a few times, but I missed it while I was living in the Midwest.

That’s what I love about women’s tennis! Thank goodness I don’t pick a bracket because it would be busted early in every tournament. I also only watch the majors for the most part so I’m not a huge fan. I need to make a better effort to get to Flushing Meadows while it’s only a drive away. I’ve only been a few times, but I missed it while I was living in the Midwest.
Yeah women's bracket woukd be busted quick for me as well.

I'm torn when it comes to sports. I like rooting for (federer) and against (tiger) great players. But I like seeing the little guy win as well. At least for golf there is a new winner each week....no more tiger like player. For tennis, once the guys big 3 and Serena are done, I have no clue where tennis goes.

I agree to an extent, but much of that is on their entry into the sport and their father acting the way he did.

Yeah women's bracket woukd be busted quick for me as well.

I'm torn when it comes to sports. I like rooting for (federer) and against (tiger) great players. But I like seeing the little guy win as well. At least for golf there is a new winner each week....no more tiger like player. For tennis, once the guys big 3 and Serena are done, I have no clue where tennis goes.
The top few young guys are definitely at a different talent level, but I’m not sure they’ll ever dominate the game. Men’s tennis could be headed towards a more even field like women’s. I’d say we’ve arrived at post-Williams tennis. Serena went to four major finals in 18 and 19, but her last major title came in 2017.
I agree to an extent, but much of that is on their entry into the sport and their father acting the way he did.
It’s a complicated situation for sure. I’m ready for the next generation!

I just dont know how anyone could like the William's sisters. Great players but they don't seem like nice people.

The context is interesting. She is speaking out in support of Osaka who has big time anxiety (and anyone who has experienced that should absolutely get it), by stating that her superiority in tennis to anyone asking her about tennis effectively gives her comfort.

....which is a very strange way of saying "I know I can play better than most, which is how I handle these experiences"

The context is interesting. She is speaking out in support of Osaka who has big time anxiety (and anyone who has experienced that should absolutely get it), by stating that her superiority in tennis to anyone asking her about tennis effectively gives her comfort.

....which is a very strange way of saying "I know I can play better than most, which is how I handle these experiences"
Yes tye Osaka situation stinks...the federation will find a way to make her feel safe. She seems like the person ready to take over women's tennis, so they better help her out.

It's amazing what they came from to where they are now. Playing on glass littered courts in Compton. Their father, who is a nut job, did something out of this world with them. Serena is at least top 3 all-time if not the best and Venus is top 20 for sure.

Last edited:
No reason for you to delete your post @JB , I will edit mine. I get what You are saying.

And djokovic takes the French. He's up to 19 majors...crazy good.

The "big three" Rafa, Djokovic and Federer have won 60 of the last 72 majors. Tgat is absolutely nuts

My wife grew up playing competitive tennis and hockey. Ultimately chose to specialize in hockey and played D1. We still play tennis together in the summer. I might have a step on her but when she gets going her serve can't be beat (I sometimes catch it). That being said we almost never watch tennis on tv. The stars are older and ad everyone had said, not many competitive Americans. Fish had done a better job at golf lately!

I enjoy playing tennis for a good workout but find it a touch boring to watch the back and forth on tv. We need a star to come along. Even my wife doesn't watch more than 15-20 mins of it on tv.

I played quite a biy of tennis at one point in my life, and liked the game quite a bit. Played tennis more than golf at that time. But, playing on public blacktop courts, eventually the knees said "no mas"!

It's amazing what they came from to where they are now. Playing on glass littered courts in Compton. Their father, who is a nut job, did something out of this world with them. Serena is at least top 3 all-time if not the best and Venus is top 20 for sure.

I once heard Cleveland's police chief on the radio say that if he rounded up a busload of the baddest guys in Cleveland and dropped them off in Compton, in 24 hrs half of them would be skinned alive!

And djokovic takes the French. He's up to 19 majors...crazy good.
Crazy. I watched the 1st few sets of the match today and Djokovic looked like he was getting outplayed pretty handily.

The "big three" Rafa, Djokovic and Federer have won 60 of the last 72 majors. Tgat is absolutely nuts
Unreal. Seems unlikely we will ever see anything like that again. Imagine how many any one of them would have if the other 2 guys weren't around!

Had never seen this clip before. Tennis players are tremendous athletes!

So Tiafoe beats Tsitsipas in straight sets and Stephens beats Kvitova in straight sets. Not a bad start to Wimbledon.

Down goes Serena. Huge win for Korda continuing a darn good month for the fam!

Back