Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest

Boy did I ungracefully bow out of this one! Having played more rounds this year than the last 5 combined, it looks like my handicap was a little lower than it should have been. Still holding steady at 13.4, but not what I was hoping for playing almost every weekend.

I have 2 supplementary cards in with the club at the moment, if they actually look at them and use them, then it should drop me the stroke I want.

If they do then my goal for the remainder of the year will be to get to 6.

Well the last 10 rounds or so have been bad and I've gone back up from 7.4 to 10.6 so while still down from the original 13 something it's been a struggle recently. Hopefully get things back on track here soon, it's been very frustrating.

from 13.2 for 9 to 20.2 for 1r

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201008-180044_TheGrint.jpg
    Screenshot_20201008-180044_TheGrint.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20201008-180246_TheGrint.jpg
    Screenshot_20201008-180246_TheGrint.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
Just been dropped to 5.7. That's my goal of getting to 6 for the season achieved.

Will try to get down to 5 now

We are down to the last couple of weeks on this one.

We are down to the last couple of weeks on this one.
Let's see if I can hold on! :eek: Better not play much in the next few weeks. :cool:

Let's see if I can hold on! :eek: Better not play much in the next few weeks. :cool:
I have a means to end your golf for a while. It’s called ”COVID-19.” Perhaps you have heard of it. If you contract it, you can have all the solitude, peace and quiet you could wish for. Just ask me. 😂

I have a means to end your golf for a while. It’s called ”COVID-19.” Perhaps you have heard of it. If you contract it, you can have all the solitude, peace and quiet you could wish for. Just ask me. 😂

I laughed at this post, but it really made me sad inside.

Missed you a ton last week bud.

BTW - it's your turn to visit me next year lol

I laughed at this post, but it really made me sad inside.

Missed you a ton last week bud.

BTW - it's your turn to visit me next year lol
Man, I hope we are able to do visits freely. I would jump on that plane in a heartbeat.

Ok, everybody, it is one year later, and WHAT a year it has been, LOL. Since signups for Albatross 2021 have commenced and the year has passed since I started this contest, it is time to find out who the winners are. Here is how it will work.

I actually reached my goal, ending with an index of 3.6. In my next post, I will reply to my original post, showing my index one year ago. In addition, I will upload a screenshot of my current GHIN index and do the math, showing the percentage drop from one year ago. Any of you who have dropped by a greater percentage and entered into the contest one year ago, please follow the same procedure. Reply to your original post, provide a screenshot of your current index and do the math. I will pay their Albatross membership for 2021 of the three who have bettered my percentage drop by the greatest amount.

Ok, for self motivation and competition, I am going to sponsor a contest. My GHIN index is currently 5.7. I am posting a screenshot of my current index. My goal is to get below a 4 in 2020, which would be an approximately 30% drop in my index.

Here is the contest. Whoever wants to enter must post proof of his/her current index. Next year at this time, I will pay for the Albatross membership for the three THPers who improve their index by percentage more than I and are also the three who achieve the greatest percentage improvement.

I hope that made sense. If the new handicap system being implemented impacts the way this can be measured fairly, we will figure out something that is fair. View attachment 8912000

My ending index is 3.6, which is a 37% drop from my index of one year ago.

157A5D27-2F9A-40A6-9584-BCF8491E5A96.jpeg

At 7.1.

I have a -3 differential 9 hole waiting to get combined.

I'm expecting that I will rebound back up after this low. No way I can continue playing to this level after this year.

When are we calling this? After my round today I will be down to 6.5. don't think I'm getting any lower than that!

When are we calling this? After my round today I will be down to 6.5. don't think I'm getting any lower than that!
It is closed as of today, so today’s round can count for you. That is an awesome index! Makes me happy for you.

Just remember, everybody. If you want to be part of the contest, you need to follow the directions in my post above. I am not going to hunt down your original post in the thread and make your calculation for you. LOL

A 30% reduction takes me to a 6.6. I’ve got some work to do but I may just race you there!
So I was a 9.4 to start the contest (30% reduction from 9.4 is 6.6). I’m currently a 5.4. So I had a 42.5% reduction in handicap this year.

Buttttt in a surprise twist, I’m not going to enter myself into the running for the membership but I’ll instead add to @Tenputt’s generous offer of 3 and I’ll make the fourth biggest drop a winner too. I honestly thought about this goal and thread and it was motivating me, so I want to give back for what it gave me.

Last Year:Screenshot_20191023-070728_GHIN.jpg

This Year:Screenshot_20201023-201430.png

(7.1-11.4)/(11.4) * 100 = 37.7% reduction

Wow.

Just seeing this for the first time. Checked your posted GHIN on here and congrats on achieving your goal @Tenputt !

So I was a 9.4 to start the contest (30% reduction from 9.4 is 6.6). I’m currently a 5.4. So I had a 42.5% reduction in handicap this year.

Buttttt in a surprise twist, I’m not going to enter myself into the running for the membership but I’ll instead add to @Tenputt’s generous offer of 3 and I’ll make the fourth biggest drop a winner too. I honestly thought about this goal and thread and it was motivating me, so I want to give back for what it gave me.

That is SO awesome!!!

Great contest Craig! I'm in, although I think it will be just a hard for me to go from an 11.1 to a 7.7 as it will be for you to go from 5.7 to a sub 4. 30% is a huge drop! But the good news is I was already working on my off season (if I even have one if those) plan for breaking into single digits, so this just gives me another reason.

View attachment 8912050
Damn, I never thought I'd actually get this looks this year. What a great contest. Here's my official entry:

Start: 11.1

Final: 6.8 (I think my revision for tomorrow will drop me to 6.5 with today's score, but I can't see the trending handicap in the app right now).

Screenshot_20201023-180523__01.jpg

% Decrease = 39% (41% based on 6.5).

Pretty awesome. 😎

Damn, I never thought I'd actually get this looks this year. What a great contest. Here's my official entry:

Start: 11.1

Final: 6.8 (I think my revision for tomorrow will drop me to 6.5 with today's score, but I can't see the trending handicap in the app right now).

View attachment 8970765

% Decrease = 39% (41% based on 6.5).

Pretty awesome. 😎
That 71 really did the trick for you. Let’s see some more of those.

That 71 really did the trick for you. Let’s see some more of those.
Highlight of my year!! Fun to know that I'm capable of a really good score once in a while.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Back