Thanksgiving Dressing/Stuffing Question

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What does your family use for the bread crumbs in the Thanksgiving Dressing/Stuffing?

Paging @GolferGal

My Mother-in-law actually uses a certain type of bread, dries it out a bit then cuts it up. So damn good! This is one area that I don't venture with the Thanksgiving meal.

I just buy them, pepperidge farms I think.

My wife does cornbread stuffing. My family recipe was using sourdough and making our own breadcrumbs.

In my cornbread dressing, the only bread in it is cornbread.

Stale Portuguese bread.

Mix of white bread wheat bread and cornbread

Boxed stove top.
Then we buy the container of chopped stuffing mix ( its vegetables etc) at the supermarket and mix it in.

Cornbread for the dressing, plain old white bread for the stuffing.

Corn bread

Mom's Recipe 1700678505631332045727212028825.jpg

Stale white bread!

Cornbread

What does your family use for the bread crumbs in the Thanksgiving Dressing/Stuffing?
We have a recipe that makes the best stuffing ever. It uses a store box kit as the base but adds sausage and pine nuts.

Mom always dried our usual bread when she made hers, same as my grandmother did.

Soda crackers.

My grandma is very happy that you made the distinction stuffing verses dressing. as they are NOT the same. BTW, I make dressing. And mine will be shared in the Thanksgiving thread.

The brine is made and the bird is bathing in it

Mom always dried our usual bread when she made hers, same as my grandmother did.
That's what my Mom did. And it had to be torn by hand. I helped her with that one time, and she nearly drove me crazy! I was either tearing the pieces too big, or too small! 🤷‍♂️

5 loaves of white bread. Lays it out the night before to dry out. I tear it up into small chunks. Makes 2 pans full. I love her dressing and have enough for two weeks.

I use a variety of breads; white, rye, sourdough, whole wheat, pumpernickel and whatever else my eyes spy. The bread is cubed up and dried on sheet trays. When turkey day arrives, the dried cubed bread gets cooked thin sliced celery, carrot, white onion and bacon added to it. Quality chicken or turkey stock is used to slightly rehydrate the bread and seasoning spices are added to taste. The bird gets stuffed and there will be a foil pan too because the more the merrier.

#1) CUBED DRIED BREAD
#2) Pepperidge Farm Sage & Onion Cubes
Sauté' Onions & Celery in Butter pour onto bread cubes.
MMIX with Chicken Broth/Stock
Add your spices.

Best bread for this is COMO Bread... (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Back