The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I may or may not have looked at that about 10 times since getting in.

Bookmarked :D

Are we playing from the whites or purples? Or is that TBD?

Bookmarked :D

Are we playing from the whites or purples? Or is that TBD?

I had the same question. My thought on it based on other events I have seen is it will be the whites.

Don't worry fellas. THP has done this a time or two and I'm sure they will set it up to be fair for everyone.

Time to work on the game and get ready to run the Gauntlet!

Don't worry fellas. THP has done this a time or two and I'm sure they will set it up to be fair for everyone.

Time to work on the game and get ready to run the Gauntlet!

For sure! Looking over the courses has got me all hyped up again. This is going to be friggin' SWEET. T-86!!!

I hope someone on my team tells me which club I should hit on every shot because that worked so well last time I played Sajuro. I'm being sarcastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope someone on my team tells me which club I should hit on every shot because that worked so well last time I played Sajuro. I'm being sarcastic.

7 iron. For everything. :wink:

7 iron. For everything. :wink:

Thanks.

Last time I played there is was with a retired local. The guy loved giving advice. The funniest part is he would spend 5 minutes looking for balls in the wasteland and was constantly giving me messed up pinnacles, top flight as and other rock balls. Considering he had a million dollar condo on Grayhawk and played 3 days a week at $150+ courses he was not exactly hurting for money but he could not pass up a free ball no matter how bad it looked.

Thanks.

Last time I played there is was with a retired local. The guy loved giving advice. The funniest part is he would spend 5 minutes looking for balls in the wasteland and was constantly giving me messed up pinnacles, top flight as and other rock balls. Considering he had a million dollar condo on Grayhawk and played 3 days a week at $150+ courses he was not exactly hurting for money but he could not pass up a free ball no matter how bad it looked.

Ugghh...I bet that got old really quick.

Ugghh...I bet that got old really quick.

You have no idea. About the only good thing was that it gave me time to take in the view.

e01307b920324e848318404f127283a5.jpg

8a68214c859bef53410aeb9e64b25f53.jpg

You have no idea. About the only good thing was that it gave me time to take in the view.

This doesnt make the wait any easier.

Beautiful!

I can't wait to get back out west and play some desert golf!

Thanks.

Hey, I resemble that statement! Akthough I do not live in Grayhawk.

Hey, I resemble that statement! Akthough I do not live in Grayhawk.

Haha. This guy was the most extreme golf ball hunter I've ever seen. He would go into brush with an iron to fend off any rattle snakes.

Haha. This guy was the most extreme golf ball hunter I've ever seen. He would go into brush with an iron to fend off any rattle snakes.

!@#$ Snakes, I dont do Snakes.

That's an obscene level of commitment, haha!

!@#$ Snakes, I dont do Snakes.

I'm deadly afraid of rattlesnakes. I need to learn how to hit some fairways because I want to stay as far away from the snakes as possible.

I haven't had a chance to play much desert golf. This seems like a great way to get acquainted.

That is a stellar looking course. On the subject of rattle snakes I got bit in high school and it sucked!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Are you guys planning on putting in a desert club? I've never played desert golf and have seen it mentioned a couple times recently and was curious on people's thoughts.

Are you guys planning on putting in a desert club? I've never played desert golf and have seen it mentioned a couple times recently and was curious on people's thoughts.
I don't plan on being in the desert

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I won't. I'll just tear up my SM5s giving me a reason to ponder SM6 wedges.

This was actually something I was wondering about the other day, but forgot to post. Be interesting to see what the folks who play more in the desert say. My irons are 17-4 cast, so I'm a little less concerned.

I won't. I'll just tear up my SM5s giving me a reason to ponder SM6 wedges.

my thoughts exactly.

I just use my sand wedge and my 7 iron. I do not have a dedicated desert club, but those two are the only ones I hit out of the desert.

Back