The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I finally got out for the first round of this season. Wasnt playing very well and shot a 107.

Walking 6800 yards and no food just killed me. I usually ride and I guess the fatigue and course ate me up!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Got out today with some of the New England and Carolinas RegionalRivalry folks. Take of two 9s for me. An uneven front 9 with three 3 putts, followed by one of the more consistent 9s I've shot. Ended up going 44-38 for an 82.

Irons are starting to click a bit more, and I'm looking forward to putting a more forgiving driver in play - even though I had a great driving day.

No actual golf for me this weekend. I did spend some time dialing in the new wedges though.

I got rained out this weekend, but thankfully The Masters was on the keep me immersed in golf! This event is getting closer, and I'm every bit as hyped as I was the day I got selected. This is going to be a good one for sure! :D

Most of my prep this weekend consisted of watching The Masters. But did get out and hit the range and putting green every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out on Sunday for some range time and just had a good session this morning as well. Might go at lunch to chip and putt as well. I am pretty much hitting balls at least 5 days a week right now and I know I have said it before but I am just loving my driver consistency right now. I hoping it sticks around long enough for me to get my iron game back on track.

What is everyone's go to money shot? By this I mean you have to hit the fairway. Do you just try and hit it straight or line up for a draw or fade?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got out on Sunday for some range time and just had a good session this morning as well. Might go at lunch to chip and putt as well. I am pretty much hitting balls at least 5 days a week right now and I know I have said it before but I am just loving my driver consistency right now. I hoping it sticks around long enough for me to get my iron game back on track.

What is everyone's go to money shot? By this I mean you have to hit the fairway. Do you just try and hit it straight or line up for a draw or fade?

If we're talking driver, line up for the meat of the fairway and swing away. I play a relatively straight stock shot, maybe a little right to left. The thing I struggle with is taking the club too far inside, so that's a block or a hard left turn, so playing it either side could be bad news. Better off just going for the middle.

If just need to get it out there, I'm taking hybrid or Heavenwood off the tee.

It is great seeing most participants are out and getting some practice time.

It rained most of Sunday here - which is great because it keeps things cooler and really green (for a week or so).

I heard thru the grapevine that Saguaro is playing perfectly right now - and the rain is a really good thing for all the area golf courses!! Conditions should be ideal come May 20th!!

Prep - I am working on a swing thought/change that came around on the back 9 on Saturday, will get out a couple of times a week until the event. I need to spend a bit more time practicing my irons and short game, but I should be ready to go.

BTW, my handicap is trending to its lowest ever (including when I was working at a golf course), and it has been dropping steadily since October.

#HandicapTravels

See you gents in about 40 days!!

Weather in MI has stunk, but looks like it will be warming up this week. Hoping to get out Friday for either a round or a range session, with 18 planned for the weekend. Been cooped up for too long!

39 days!

I played this weekend, Saturday was pretty good. Sunday we won't talk about.

Have a little bit of work to do but I'm pretty pumped for this. Just around the corner....

Have a lesson scheduled for Friday to help get my putting dialed in. Anniversary is Wednesday, so the evening schedule for practice this week is a little up in the air. Worst case is I hit some balls on the sim at Golfsmith. Playing at least 18 and hopefully 36 this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be playing a few times this week including a #THPCallOut against ASN21 on Sunday. There will also be more practice and a lesson. Oh and as much Twitter banter as possible with those #ZooCrew cats :D

Plan on a little bit of draw, line up aimed down the right side of the fairway so I'm in play if goes straight.

Heavenwood all day!

Heavenwood all day!
What is your typical ball flight? Do you like to fade it, draw, or just hope for straight?

Anyone who has played the course; do you think it favors a certain Ball flight in terms of how the holes are shaped?

What is your typical ball flight? Do you like to fade it, draw, or just hope for straight?

Anyone who has played the course; do you think it favors a certain Ball flight in terms of how the holes are shaped?

When things are going well ball flight is usually straight or a slight cut.

I am hoping to get out there at the end of the month. Rates are dropping, it should be in the $80 neighborhood after the 28th.

If I have to get one in the fairway, depending on the length of the hole and distance I hit either my 3 Deep or 3 hybrid. Aim down the right half of middle and play a draw.

Cant believe we are under 40 days until this event. My prep has been turned up this past week. Been really working on my accuracy off the tee.

Those who are bringing or playing a desert club; what club are you taking out of the bag to house this dirt stick?

I only carry 13, so I have an old Ram Tour Grind 9 iron I'll be bringing. Mostly I'll use it for fending off snakes when I'm helping others look for their ball, because I'll be in the middle, not in the desert.

#TeamStripeShow

100 balls tonight, 35min putting and 35min chipping

Full on prep mode!

After my terrible outing yesterday, I went out for another round today.

Front 9 - I was striping everything and shot a 43.

Back 9 - My hooks were coming back and I limit the damage to a 48. This includes a 9 on 17. Ugh.

All in all, pretty happy with my game today. Just got to keep working on keeping my driver a bit straighter

I have gotten away from my putting practice over the past month for a variety of personal reasons and it is killing my game. I really need to get back into it because I have been an automatic three putt recently. The wheels are officially off the putting bus.

abeb1a64d62afa7a4b3b1760dbd2309a.jpg

I hit a great drive and put my 100 yard approach pretty close. Unfortunately, I missed the birdie putt. Best look at birdie all day today.

Back