EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

So for the teams...what’s the one Cobra club that has surprised you the most so far and which one are you struggling with?

I’m enjoying most of the clubs honestly. If you’ve been following equipment threads I’ve been very surprised by the hybrid and struggling with the Forged Tec GW and the Big Tour fwy. Going to make some shaft changes here soon and see how things change.
I'm still struggling mightily with the SZ tour length driver. It may be the shaft that is the Hzrdus Yellow that is a low-low offering and I've been used to more of a mid launch, low-mid spin shaft. I hope to try another shaft to figure that out. The hybrid for me has been the star of my bag. I love the feel and launch of that thing. It's just sweet. I've had hybrids that I hit as well maybe a little better off the tee, but I haven't played a hybrid that plays this well off the deck or out of the rough for me. Color me impressed. Love the hybrid!

You know...something interesting has transpired with this event getting postponed I think.

The guys now have some time to get used to the awesome equipment that Cobra has provided us, time to learn and use Cobra Connect to dial in distances and see what works or doesn't, maybe even make a few shaft or grip changes so that come event time everyone will be confident in their choices. Guys won't be able to use the "I wasn't used to the new equipment" excuse haha

Oh we'll find some excuse. May not be the equipment, but there will always be something to blame. :LOL::LOL:

Oh we'll find some excuse. May not be the equipment, but there will always be something to blame. :LOL::LOL:
Well we can't blame ourselves. :oops: So it's going to be the weather or the clubs!

You know...something interesting has transpired with this event getting postponed I think.

The guys now have some time to get used to the awesome equipment that Cobra has provided us, time to learn and use Cobra Connect to dial in distances and see what works or doesn't, maybe even make a few shaft or grip changes so that come event time everyone will be confident in their choices. Guys won't be able to use the "I wasn't used to the new equipment" excuse haha

BoilerCLE I think used his clubs for the first time when we had our practice round. A few of us were definitely battling some winter rust last year.

Those are amazing. And almost too white for me. I may pivot to the grey masters ones.
Those gold ones are shelf material. You don't want those messed up and dirty!

Well we can't blame ourselves. :oops: So it's going to be the weather or the clubs!

I am going to blame the time difference and the altitude. Coming from the East Coast and from sea level, they're perfectly tailored excuses.

I am going to blame the time difference and the altitude. Coming from the East Coast and from sea level, they're perfectly tailored excuses.
Lol. If you use elevation, I will too! You might come up to Sand Hollow's 3k above sea level, but I drop just as much from my level ;)

Enjoy that round over there!!
83 or 103, I'm going to be having a blast! Still need to get a time yet, everything has sold out within seconds so far, is fastest finger first at the moment...

83 or 103, I'm going to be having a blast! Still need to get a time yet, everything has sold out within seconds so far, is fastest finger first at the moment...
Good luck then getting that tee time! And I would agree, no matter the score I'd be happy just to get out and be playing!

That is great to hear that you'll be back on the course.
Time to get those babies dialed in, am so far behind everyone else I need to make up for lost time - work might suffer for a few weeks :ROFLMAO:

Good luck then getting that tee time! And I would agree, no matter the score I'd be happy just to get out and be playing!
There are a couple of us doing it, worst case scenario we get a couple of times and can cancel one of them. Hoping that over the coming weeks that everything will just calm down a bit. Have already emailed most of my golfing clients and put provisional dates in the diaries..

I actually bought some two months ago and I got them last week (stuck in my closed office). Right to the course and they are awesome. I really want the pair with the gold

If somebody wants the more traditional, leather, spiked golf shoe, I would rank the Puma ProAdapts as my all time favorite.

There are a couple of us doing it, worst case scenario we get a couple of times and can cancel one of them. Hoping that over the coming weeks that everything will just calm down a bit. Have already emailed most of my golfing clients and put provisional dates in the diaries..

Do you also have the benefit of extended daylight at this time of year?

I'm still struggling mightily with the SZ tour length driver. It may be the shaft that is the Hzrdus Yellow that is a low-low offering and I've been used to more of a mid launch, low-mid spin shaft. I hope to try another shaft to figure that out. The hybrid for me has been the star of my bag. I love the feel and launch of that thing. It's just sweet. I've had hybrids that I hit as well maybe a little better off the tee, but I haven't played a hybrid that plays this well off the deck or out of the rough for me. Color me impressed. Love the hybrid!

@ToddJ027b, we will have to set up a time to go to a range together. I will bring my Cobra shafts and you could see if something feels better, although none of them is tour length. You could even try my head and get a feel.

@ToddJ027b, we will have to set up a time to go to a range together. I will bring my Cobra shafts and you could see if something feels better, although none of them is tour length. You could even try my head and get a feel.
Sounds great. May have to do that. I'm getting a different shaft sent to me now. I'll try that first, and if I'm still struggling I'll sure contact you. Thanks for the offer.

This is awesome! Make it happen @ToddJ027b

Lol. If you use elevation, I will too! You might come up to Sand Hollow's 3k above sea level, but I drop just as much from my level ;)

I honestly do not see a big difference between our area and Sand Hollow. I just subtract 5 yards and it is fine.

Sounds great. May have to do that. I'm getting a different shaft sent to me now. I'll try that first, and if I'm still struggling I'll sure contact you. Thanks for the offer.

I have the following Cobra driver shafts:

Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6S
Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6S
Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
Hzrdus Smoke Green 60 6.0
Ventus Blue 5S

I honestly do not see a big difference between our area and Sand Hollow. I just subtract 5 yards and it is fine.
That's SLC where you're only at just above 4000. I'm at almost 6000 ;)

Do you also have the benefit of extended daylight at this time of year?
Pretty much, at this time of the year it's as good as we can get - mid June it only gets too dark to play by 10pm so if we scamper round we can tee off at anywhere between 7 and half past.

Pretty much, at this time of the year it's as good as we can get - mid June it only gets too dark to play by 10pm so if we scamper round we can tee off at anywhere between 7 and half past.
That would be nice......until winter time!

That would be nice......until winter time!
Aye, that's only for a couple of weeks though, by September it's too dark to tee off any later than about 3pm :LOL:

Always good to see action in this thread....

Back