LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Enjoying the Driver most for sure. And it’s not even the driver I was actually fit in to. So who knows if it could possibly get better if I end up wanting to buy what I was fit in to (no stock for what I was fit in to at the time)

Driver was my absolute weakness last year. If I can hit 11/14 fairways on the Dye (and still lose 5&4:LOL:) under all the pressure and everything going on in my head, I can’t wait to see what I can do during a casual round At a course I know. To say I’m excited is an understatement.

I’ve been able to use it at my sim league twice now and the results were still incredible. No balls off the planet and my two way miss is gone. I didn’t gain any distance, at least on the sim, but I’m so much more comfortable with it. It’s calming and there’s something to say about that.

Though I am soooo freaking excited about the 3 and 5 woods. I didn’t even get to hit them at the fitting. More lefty issues. But I’m currently gaming a Cobra F9 and a Nike Vapor Flex. My room for improvement is massive with the new woods!
Distance is crap if you can't hit fairways, you hit the ball plenty long when we played in Montana so you hitting a lot more fairways is scary to where your scores will go. I wanna see that game again at the end of next summer on Black Bull again.

Distance is crap if you can't hit fairways, you hit the ball plenty long when we played in Montana so you hitting a lot more fairways is scary to where your scores will go. I wanna see that game again at the end of next summer on Black Bull again.
Yeah that course, and Bridger, we two places where driving literally gave me no shot to score and it compounded from there. Excited to see where this year can go for me!

Yeah that course, and Bridger, we two places where driving literally gave me no shot to score and it compounded from there. Excited to see where this year can go for me!
Just amazing what the proper shaft can do for ones game and how it can improve the outcome.

I watched @xThor first hand on the first day of golf. If anyone at his home course thought he was trouble last year (for those of you who don’t know, he was a killer), they are in for a rude awakening because he’s now an assassin. That driver did everything. 30 total yards gained and it goes straight? F***ing A

30 yds?! Wow!

30 yds?! Wow!
I’m not joking. His last driver was a poor match for him so I’m not saying this driver gives 30 yards. But being properly fit was huge for him

I’m not joking. His last driver was a poor match for him so I’m not saying this driver gives 30 yards. But being properly fit was huge for him

That's so awesome! I'm excited about the forgiveness but maybe not so much draw bias! Darnit I wish I wasn't hearing all these things lol!

My much-belated recap of an amazing couple of days...

I have had the incredible fortune of being a part of every installment of the Grandaddy to date. Like the children I don't have, each one of them is special in its own way. Below are a few of the things from Grandaddy 2021 that will stick with me, but first, thanks and shout outs.

Huge thanks to @JB @GolferGal @JasonFinleyCG, the members and staff of the Hideaway, everyone behind the scenes at Callaway, and every single member of the THP Community that follows along throughout the year to support this phenomenal happening. When we're out there in the desert, we can truly feel the digital eyeballs of everyone that's tuned in. It's a wild and overwhelming (in a good way) feeling. Thank you.

In no particular order except for the first one, my highlights from this year:
  • The thoughtfulness of the team and how this event means more than golf -- every time there was a pause at a meal or a group gathering, or a lull in the action somewhere, it seemed like there was a presentation to/from someone in recognition of their support and assistance and contribution. The level of consideration and awareness and love from/to/across the entire community was refreshingly uplifting, especially in this day and age. Everyone has different backgrounds and beliefs and opinions, and this event is proof that we can find common ground and just exist as people together...no labels needed.
  • Team THP turning the tables on the swag! Custom players towels & ball marks & koozies? Legit! Shirts and socks with Finley? Horrifying, but incredible!!
  • Me telling @Muchmore18 that nobody should win a singles match hole with double...and then breaking that vow on our second hole
  • @DNevsCG in the role of drill sergeant during the lowrider grand prix. "THIS ISN'T A WALKING RACE! YOU GOTTA MOVE!
  • *Certain* Callaway team members delivering an O-fer for the 3 matches!
  • Taking the plastic off my new Odyssey REDACTED blade and promptly making EVERYTHING. (The thing is still hot, by the way)
  • @Nappy and @Vader battling back in our second match on day 1 to pull a point away from me and Austin. Gritty comeback W! And @Vader piping drives that day. Majestic traj!
  • @AT_CG hitting one from the cart path, over a *very tall* tree. Miraculous par.
  • Pizza-as-appetizer for dinner on night one.
  • Me, Chris, Wunder, and Cody ummmmm definitely not all hitting our tee shots in the water on that par 5 on the Dye. (Hole 7?). Yep that's right. 4 drives. all on land. no balls in the water, no siree.
  • Singles day breakfast unicorn sighting.
Thank you all again for an unparalleled experience. Proud to be a part of this event and community!
Happy holidays to all.

I have had the incredible fortune of being a part of every installment of the Grandaddy to date. Like the children I don't have, each one of them is special in its own way. Below are a few of the things from Grandaddy 2021 that will stick with me, but first, thanks and shout outs.

Huge thanks to @JB @GolferGal @JasonFinleyCG, the members and staff of the Hideaway, everyone behind the scenes at Callaway, and every single member of the THP Community that follows along throughout the year to support this phenomenal happening. When we're out there in the desert, we can truly feel the digital eyeballs of everyone that's tuned in. It's a wild and overwhelming (in a good way) feeling. Thank you.

• The thoughtfulness of the team and how this event means more than golf -- every time there was a pause at a meal or a group gathering, or a lull in the action somewhere, it seemed like there was a presentation to/from someone in recognition of their support and assistance and contribution. The level of consideration and awareness and love from/to/across the entire community was refreshingly uplifting, especially in this day and age. Everyone has different backgrounds and beliefs and opinions, and this event is proof that we can find common ground and just exist as people together...no labels needed.
  • Team THP turning the tables on the swag! Custom players towels & ball marks & koozies? Legit! Shirts and socks with Finley? Horrifying, but incredible!!
  • Me telling @Muchmore18 that nobody should win a singles match hole with double...and then breaking that vow on our second hole
  • @DNevsCG in the role of drill sergeant during the lowrider grand prix. "THIS ISN'T A WALKING RACE! YOU GOTTA MOVE!
  • Taking the plastic off my new Odyssey REDACTED blade and promptly making EVERYTHING. (The thing is still hot, by the way)
  • @Nappy and @Vader battling back in our second match on day 1 to pull a point away from me and Austin. Gritty comeback W! And @Vader piping drives that day. Majestic traj!
  • @AT_CG hitting one from the cart path, over a *very tall* tree. Miraculous par.
  • Me, Chris, Wunder, and Cody ummmmm definitely not all hitting our tee shots in the water on that par 5 on the Dye. (Hole 7?). Yep that's right. 4 drives. all on land. no balls in the water, no siree.
Thank you all again for an unparalleled experience. Proud to be a part of this event and community!
Happy holidays to all.

It was so fun playing with you, @AT_CG and @Nappy !

And it was so not fun, watching you putt lights out, all over us. haha.

The driver is definitely a good fit for me, I guess. lol.

Happy holidays to all.

I had almost forgot about that cart path shot by @AT_CG - so good. And yeah your putting was unbelievable and @Vader has the swing I want. Such a fun day guys, let's do it again!:)

Happy holidays to all.
Thanks for everything Ethan!! Happy holidays to you and your family!

30 yds?! Wow!
And it’s not just because it’s a better driver head for him compared to the Epic Max either. It’ll be so fun to play with him and see how his handicap continues to free fall towards scratch now that he has 2-3 less clubs into greens!

My big takeaway is that the new line is fast!! I had the TSi3, which was the hottest driver I had hit until I got to Carlsbad, and I picked up 2-3 mph with the new line. I didn’t know that was even possible with the rules being what they are! The other important feature is how stable the driver is. I wasn’t seeing massive drop offs in spin on mishits that would’ve caused disasters previously. That is a huge confidence boost for me!!

And it’s not just because it’s a better driver head for him compared to the Epic Max either. It’ll be so fun to play with him and see how his handicap continues to free fall towards scratch now that he has 2-3 less clubs into greens!

My big takeaway is that the new line is fast!! I had the TSi3, which was the hottest driver I had hit until I got to Carlsbad, and I picked up 2-3 mph with the new line. I didn’t know that was even possible with the rules being what they are! The other important feature is how stable the driver is. I wasn’t seeing massive drop offs in spin on mishits that would’ve caused disasters previously. That is a huge confidence boost for me!!

THIS...... IS...... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Guess I won't be buying GPS equipment and range finders this year....

Happy holidays to all.

Happy holidays to all.
Look familiar
Screenshot_20211223-145255_Chrome.jpg

I watched @xThor first hand on the first day of golf. If anyone at his home course thought he was trouble last year (for those of you who don’t know, he was a killer), they are in for a rude awakening because he’s now an assassin. That driver did everything. 30 total yards gained and it goes straight? F***ing A

That's an unreal gain! It's going to be so cool to see how xThor plays this year with that kind of distance off the tee.

Well, you still might need the GPS. You're going to be taking lines off the tee you aren't used to aiming at!! ;)

Happy holidays to all.
Thank Ethan for an incredible week!

Do you have either of those now?

Do you have either of those now?

I do not. I usually spend more to make sure our son has everything he could ever want (but we make him understand the value of money). So I don't normally spend much on myself.

I'll just leave this here for you to mull over. Three wood. Those were repeatable numbers. Thanks to @dacatalyst41 for snagging the pic as I totally forgot. View attachment 9054798
Oh my. Kinda hate that you posted that. I wasn’t planning on buying yet another club for the 2022 season. I’m sure my old tech is just fine. I mean, who needs to hit a 3W that far?

Oh my. Kinda hate that you posted that. I wasn’t planning on buying yet another club for the 2022 season. I’m sure my old tech is just fine. I mean, who needs to hit a 3W that far?

Figured I'd post something to let you noodle in the brain until things get announced and we can do full reviews of the clubs. :D

I would highly recommend at least trying them out to at least feel and hear the impact sound. Its very different than the Epic and the Mav's. In a good way in my opinion. For me, they are a great fit. I've always been a fairway wood player and not a hybrid guy. The 3 wood mated to the UW with the Driver up top **should** give me about a 30 yard separation from DR to 3w. And then a 20 yard separation 3w to 19 deg UW. And hopefully a 20 yard separation between the UW and 4i.

this exactly.

the fitting with John was a massive help. He basically told me I was playing a driver at the wrong end of the spectrum for me previously.
The new redacted was everything I needed it to be, and amplified with fitting the right shaft, loft, hosel settings, length, and swingweight.

Back