CONTEST The 2021 Grandaddy Reunion Trip To Myrtle Beach: You Pick The Winner and Live Update Thread

@Tevenor from the tips .. fairway is over those trees, but if your too far left, your into more water.
He made it over and was near the cart path on the right side of the fairway.

Edit: see his post #2747 showing locations.
View attachment 9115065
The fact that you can see where we teed off towards the end of the video compared to where he did, is ridiculous :LOL:

@cm24 - Cody, I wish we had more time to hang out but it was crazy watching you on the range on Sunday 🤯 Thanks for the times you've reached out to me, did and does mean a lot.

Looking forward to getting the chance to play a round with you Danny!! Enjoy the journey to December! It’s unforgettable and you deserve it!

I'll make a little bit of a longer post now that I've had time to sleep a full night and come down from the brain fog caused by American Airlines and their awesome flights :rolleyes:

And if it's sappy....too bad.

It was great meeting @Davidhibler in person and play a round with him. Those of you who met me know I'm not the most talkative person (shut your *bleeping* mouth @Tevenor ;)) but I do a lot of observing and what I can tell is that Hibs is the absolute right guy to lead this 22 Grandaddy team. He can hit a ball a mile, but more importantly he's humble and just an all around good dude. Can't tell you how awesome it was listening to the podcast in the clubhouse grill that first morning and hearing that you guys (and gals) are going back to the Hideaway. Our group knows how special that place is and I'm ecstatic that this years team will find out as well.

I didn't get to play with @billyh but from the short conversations I had and overhead I hope I can meet up with you in the future. Just a fun dude and hearing you talk about your job, I've just got great respect for you and what you do. And as Cap said, thanks for being one of the drivers that helped us get clubs and luggage back and forth from the courses.

@JW Smoove I mean how cool is it when someone you never met shows up the first day and hands you an F-35 ball marker? Just a genuine guy and I just wish our final round at TPC Myrtle Beach hadn't been cut short. I enjoyed our conversations - and I hope that someday we can meet up again. You're right THP is a pretty special place and I'm glad you could be a part of this event with us.

@Sarzar I had to meet the person who can tolerate @blazinden ;) but she also can drive the golf ball off the tee. I know you struggled on some other spots around the course, but its evident you love the game. Had a blast those final two days playing with you and hopefully I can find a way to meet up with you and Dennis in the future.

@Carolina Dundee somehow got video of one of my best shots at Pawley's Plantation and so grateful for that. Just a funny and good dude. We didn't get to hang out as much as I would've liked and would've loved to golf with you but we'll try and make that happen some day!

@BigDill I don't know if there's a more unique person at THP than this guy. We didn't get to golf together, but I did sit next to him at a couple dinners and the guy is as witty and funny as they come. Really enjoyed getting to know you better and hear your stories from other THP events.

@drp3434 Got to golf with Danny a couple of rounds and this sandbagger....just kidding ;) this guy can hit the ball. The 22 Grandaddy team has a stick who is going to get them some points at the Hideaway. I appreciate the conversations around life and golf and I'm hoping we meet again. Even got to say hi to his son while we were playing on the course one of the days and overhead him asking if there were any eagles or birdies. As a father of a kid who loves golf as well, it just made me feel good to hear that. Just another genuine good dude, great father and all around great person. Maybe we'll get delayed on a runaway again some day dude!

I didn't get as much time with @AnthonyC as I would've liked, it wasn't until the last day that I found out he was a full time firefighter. As a volunteer myself I would've loved to pick his brain about his job and life and golf. The few conversations we had at dinner, breakfast and that last day on the putting green I could tell this guy was a good one. Hopefully we can meet up again and share some more stories. Appreciate your service dude, I know the sacrifice it takes as just a part timer, and I can only imagine what it is as a full time job. Be well and take care my man.

Last but not least my guy @e1iterate. Showed up that first day at Pawley's to golf and I had just gotten a memory on facebook that it was the day we arrived in Indiana for the 2016 Cleveland Shortgame Shootout - the first time I had met him. He was kind enough to let me golf (or at least lose some balls) with him in Nashville on my honeymoon and he's nothing short of a great dad, husband and person. Glad you got to come on this trip and I'm hoping the next time we play I can keep up with you! Be well sir.

And to my guys from the 21 Gdaddy crew.

@MattyD-MPLS with the coordination of everything and just being the best - I appreciate you dude. Let's play again in MN or even WI soon!
@blazinden for keeping us loose with the laughs and the craziness, keep hitting that 3 wood dude, you can bomb it.
@Tevenor for the laughs on the first tee and showing me that old-er-ish guys can still hit the ball far. I'm waiting for that hot tub party invite.
@93civiccpe reminding all of us to apply sun screen (I need that reminder) and just being an all around good guy, love our conversations and can't wait for more.
@Afizzle2100 We both rocked the clover X LS ball and shared some great and not so great golf shots, especially at True Blue. Love golfing with you dude!
@cm24 So glad you could make it the final day Dr. Cody. Didn't get much time to chat with all the travel craziness, but for sure let's meet up to play at U Ridge some day soon!
@Golfers Anonymous Our first round together turned into a fitting session, as I tried every Lin-Q shaft in his bag and we found a winner for sure. Also this guy cost me money because he had me sold on a Z grind Jaws Raw after the first swing (and now I just ordered a 54 W Jaws Raw) :). Loved our conversations and aside from the travel crap we had to endure, I was happy I got to share that flight into Myrtle with you and just talk golf. I'm sure I'll be annoying you with more club building questions soon.
@Vader thanks for all you did setting up the first round and the Air BnB situation. And thanks for driving all of us around and hauling our crap everywhere, I know it wasn't always easy. It's good to know there are some nice Patriots fans on the planet :D Glad we got to play again together so I could marvel at your swing some more and can't wait to do it again soon.
@dacatalyst41 I wish you had been there dude, but trust me you were there with us in spirit. You helped this group gel the way it did in California and we're gonna meet up again soon. I need to see that Clayton smile again and just talk about life, golf and everything in between.

and to the Condo 5 guys!

@RealPretendPsychic my roomate the last few days and my chauffer as well. Master of all escape rooms, but maybe not the best at navigating roads LOL. But crap this guy can hit a driver far. Thanks for everything - the conversations and just being you dude. Good luck to you and the wife, wherever you end up and let's play some golf again!
@Muchmore18 he might not be able to keep his life together, but love this guy. He puts up with my jogger jokes and other crap, but I had a blast. It is my mission to get to Montana and play with you. I hope you have your Whoop charged by then. Thanks for the laughs and keeping me locked out of the condo because you were afraid of getting murdered, something only pretty men would care about. ;)
@xThor I would've been happy if Neil just showed up to hang out with us, but the guy golfed and gave back to each and every person at this event. My personal opinion is that Neil epitomizes everything that is good with this crazy ass world. He's the most positive, huggable and loveable guy on that planet and I'll make sure I golf or just hang with him again soon. It should be a THP event just to go spend time with him, because everyone would leave a better person and better golfer (and you'd experience all the Appetizers you could handle). Thanks for the Condo 5 laughs, chats and just being you Neil. Love you dude!
Always good to see you @Nappy!! Can’t wait to battle URidge together next summer!!

@cm24 - Seeing you on Sunday was AMAZING! So glad you got to join us for a little and while I didn't get to hardly talk with you since you were in a different group, I needed that hug man! Next time we do this, you better make the whole trip and we are going to play together. That one time at the Hideaway wasn't enough! We'll be talking plenty during the hockey season!

Always good to see you my friend. Can’t wait to play again in the near future and talk some puck!! Go Avs Go!!

@Tevenor from the tips .. fairway is over those trees, but if your too far left, your into more water.
He made it over and was near the cart path on the right side of the fairway.

Edit: see his post #2747 showing locations.
View attachment 9115065
I told @Tevenor those weren't the tips...that was the drop zone for the 3rd green 😆

Waaaay behind the tips 😂

I told @Tevenor those weren't the tips...that was the drop zone for the 3rd green 😆

Waaaay behind the tips 😂
Drop zone with tee markers?! Very easy to get confused 😅 I’m glad we got confused because it was a wicked shot!

Yeah, they are usually oriented in the other direction. Towards the green. Super confusing
I’m justifying it. Don’t bring logic in to this

I'll make a little bit of a longer post now that I've had time to sleep a full night and come down from the brain fog caused by American Airlines and their awesome flights :rolleyes:

And if it's sappy....too bad.

It was great meeting @Davidhibler in person and play a round with him. Those of you who met me know I'm not the most talkative person (shut your *bleeping* mouth @Tevenor ;)) but I do a lot of observing and what I can tell is that Hibs is the absolute right guy to lead this 22 Grandaddy team. He can hit a ball a mile, but more importantly he's humble and just an all around good dude. Can't tell you how awesome it was listening to the podcast in the clubhouse grill that first morning and hearing that you guys (and gals) are going back to the Hideaway. Our group knows how special that place is and I'm ecstatic that this years team will find out as well.

I didn't get to play with @billyh but from the short conversations I had and overhead I hope I can meet up with you in the future. Just a fun dude and hearing you talk about your job, I've just got great respect for you and what you do. And as Cap said, thanks for being one of the drivers that helped us get clubs and luggage back and forth from the courses.

@JW Smoove I mean how cool is it when someone you never met shows up the first day and hands you an F-35 ball marker? Just a genuine guy and I just wish our final round at TPC Myrtle Beach hadn't been cut short. I enjoyed our conversations - and I hope that someday we can meet up again. You're right THP is a pretty special place and I'm glad you could be a part of this event with us.

@Sarzar I had to meet the person who can tolerate @blazinden ;) but she also can drive the golf ball off the tee. I know you struggled on some other spots around the course, but its evident you love the game. Had a blast those final two days playing with you and hopefully I can find a way to meet up with you and Dennis in the future.

@Carolina Dundee somehow got video of one of my best shots at Pawley's Plantation and so grateful for that. Just a funny and good dude. We didn't get to hang out as much as I would've liked and would've loved to golf with you but we'll try and make that happen some day!

@BigDill I don't know if there's a more unique person at THP than this guy. We didn't get to golf together, but I did sit next to him at a couple dinners and the guy is as witty and funny as they come. Really enjoyed getting to know you better and hear your stories from other THP events.

@drp3434 Got to golf with Danny a couple of rounds and this sandbagger....just kidding ;) this guy can hit the ball. The 22 Grandaddy team has a stick who is going to get them some points at the Hideaway. I appreciate the conversations around life and golf and I'm hoping we meet again. Even got to say hi to his son while we were playing on the course one of the days and overhead him asking if there were any eagles or birdies. As a father of a kid who loves golf as well, it just made me feel good to hear that. Just another genuine good dude, great father and all around great person. Maybe we'll get delayed on a runaway again some day dude!

I didn't get as much time with @AnthonyC as I would've liked, it wasn't until the last day that I found out he was a full time firefighter. As a volunteer myself I would've loved to pick his brain about his job and life and golf. The few conversations we had at dinner, breakfast and that last day on the putting green I could tell this guy was a good one. Hopefully we can meet up again and share some more stories. Appreciate your service dude, I know the sacrifice it takes as just a part timer, and I can only imagine what it is as a full time job. Be well and take care my man.

Last but not least my guy @e1iterate. Showed up that first day at Pawley's to golf and I had just gotten a memory on facebook that it was the day we arrived in Indiana for the 2016 Cleveland Shortgame Shootout - the first time I had met him. He was kind enough to let me golf (or at least lose some balls) with him in Nashville on my honeymoon and he's nothing short of a great dad, husband and person. Glad you got to come on this trip and I'm hoping the next time we play I can keep up with you! Be well sir.

And to my guys from the 21 Gdaddy crew.

@MattyD-MPLS with the coordination of everything and just being the best - I appreciate you dude. Let's play again in MN or even WI soon!
@blazinden for keeping us loose with the laughs and the craziness, keep hitting that 3 wood dude, you can bomb it.
@Tevenor for the laughs on the first tee and showing me that old-er-ish guys can still hit the ball far. I'm waiting for that hot tub party invite.
@93civiccpe reminding all of us to apply sun screen (I need that reminder) and just being an all around good guy, love our conversations and can't wait for more.
@Afizzle2100 We both rocked the clover X LS ball and shared some great and not so great golf shots, especially at True Blue. Love golfing with you dude!
@cm24 So glad you could make it the final day Dr. Cody. Didn't get much time to chat with all the travel craziness, but for sure let's meet up to play at U Ridge some day soon!
@Golfers Anonymous Our first round together turned into a fitting session, as I tried every Lin-Q shaft in his bag and we found a winner for sure. Also this guy cost me money because he had me sold on a Z grind Jaws Raw after the first swing (and now I just ordered a 54 W Jaws Raw) :). Loved our conversations and aside from the travel crap we had to endure, I was happy I got to share that flight into Myrtle with you and just talk golf. I'm sure I'll be annoying you with more club building questions soon.
@Vader thanks for all you did setting up the first round and the Air BnB situation. And thanks for driving all of us around and hauling our crap everywhere, I know it wasn't always easy. It's good to know there are some nice Patriots fans on the planet :D Glad we got to play again together so I could marvel at your swing some more and can't wait to do it again soon.
@dacatalyst41 I wish you had been there dude, but trust me you were there with us in spirit. You helped this group gel the way it did in California and we're gonna meet up again soon. I need to see that Clayton smile again and just talk about life, golf and everything in between.

and to the Condo 5 guys!

@RealPretendPsychic my roomate the last few days and my chauffer as well. Master of all escape rooms, but maybe not the best at navigating roads LOL. But crap this guy can hit a driver far. Thanks for everything - the conversations and just being you dude. Good luck to you and the wife, wherever you end up and let's play some golf again!
@Muchmore18 he might not be able to keep his life together, but love this guy. He puts up with my jogger jokes and other crap, but I had a blast. It is my mission to get to Montana and play with you. I hope you have your Whoop charged by then. Thanks for the laughs and keeping me locked out of the condo because you were afraid of getting murdered, something only pretty men would care about. ;)
@xThor I would've been happy if Neil just showed up to hang out with us, but the guy golfed and gave back to each and every person at this event. My personal opinion is that Neil epitomizes everything that is good with this crazy ass world. He's the most positive, huggable and loveable guy on that planet and I'll make sure I golf or just hang with him again soon. It should be a THP event just to go spend time with him, because everyone would leave a better person and better golfer (and you'd experience all the Appetizers you could handle). Thanks for the Condo 5 laughs, chats and just being you Neil. Love you dude!

Dude it was so much fun getting to see you again. From the round we got to play together your game has improved so much. The shot you hit on that par 3 to like 1.5 feet was incredible. Keep grinding on the game. Enjoyed chatting about Dad life with you and hearing the fam is doing great. Until we tee it up again…

Now on to the "New Guys (and Gal)" since I was over my limit the post

@Davidhibler - You're going to kill it as Grandaddy Captain! Getting to know you this last week and being able to share a cart with you on Sunday was an absolute treat. You have a calming confidence to you and I truly can't wait to see you and your team in December! Excited for you Cap! Also a HUGE thank you for getting me to the airport on Sunday even though I'm sure you just wanted to head home.

@BigDill - You're an absolute gem. Your wardrobe, your alcohol tastes, your sense of humor and your ability to hit a 3wood off of a clubhouse and still land 10 yards from the green are all unmatched. I'm so glad you made it on this trip and were a huge part of everything we did! Good luck to you as well in The Budget Championship! If you hit the ball like you did on one of the last holes at TPC, EVERYONE better watch out. I'm talking 310 on the fly!

@billyh - again, someone I didn't get a ton of time with because of format (I vote HIGHLY for zero competition next get together). But I'm glad I was able to sit across from you at dinner on the last night. You're a freaking blast to be around, and judging by all the other post about you, I'm far from the only one that feels that way. Thank you so much for making the trip! Hope we can get a round in the future!

@Sarzar - I think the only phrase I heard for the first day and a half from you was "I'm starving" :LOL:;) You're a freaking gem for going on this trip with 19 other dudes and holding your own not just in golf (you only lost .5 points all weekend) but the banter as well! And putting up with Den raises the bar for you also lol Glad you were able to make the trip and I'm happy you were able to be a part of the round at TB with me!

@e1iterate - Dude, I wish you didn't have to jump out early on Saturday. I was really excited to meet you and I'm glad we got to have a round together! From your bombed drives carrying me most of the day to our closest to the pin bet for $5 where I hit it to seven feet thinking I was the winner and you just casually hitting to five to take it. We GRINDED out 2.5 on Friday and there was no one I'd rather have done it with. You're a great guy and this won't be the last we play together brother!

@JW Smoove - You walk in with F-35 ballmarkers...Can't get much cooler than that! So thankful you were my partner on the first day of matches. I've never seen such an incredible turn around of golf in my life. I kept us in the match for 12 holes but you made sure we weren't losing on those last six. It was an absolute pleasure watching you golf your ball and talking with you that day! So happy you could make the trip and another thank you to you for being caddy #2 during our True Blue round!

@AnthonyC - the late entry but it couldn't have been anyone better! You kept telling me you were glad we got to golf together but man, I'M glad we got to golf together! I'd never seen so many fairways hit (par 3s included) before ;) I got two rounds with you and they were both absolute blasts! Really glad you made the trip and happy we got to have apps and drinks that first dinner night as well!

@Carolina Dundee - I don't know how you're a 15.1 because, you can golf your ball! I've also never seen more bounces from trees back in to the fairway but that's besides the point😁 It was great to get to play two rounds with you man! I also still can't believe you were going to pay a group of strangers $60 to get you to Caledonia that night :LOL: Really glad I got to met and hang out with you!

@drp3434 - Danny, I don't think I can cheer harder for someone I didn't get to spend a lot of time with. I know you have a GD team already but you have a lot more brother because of this trip. I couldn't be more thankful I got to sit next to you at the last dinner. I'm in your corner for whatever you need whenever you need! Also a round together in the future is an absolute must! Again, format stopped me from being able to play with you but I'm going to be watching every second while you're in California! It was so awesome to be able to share a bit about the Hideaway and the experience with you. I absolutely want to be #1 on your list lol

Thank you to THP for being a place where I can go and meet 22 old and new friends for life. I didn't forget about you @Parrot and @dacatalyst41. You guys were missed more than you know.

I truly hope I can see each and every one of you again, whether it's at a future experience or somewhere outside of THP! Every one of you are the best and I'm so thankful for this trip!

Friday was such a fun round together. I enjoyed having a lefty for a partner too even though I tried to force you to hit right handed with where I parked the cart 😂. We mixed and matched pretty well I thought and were pretty formidable regardless of the grind to get those 2.5 pts. We most certainly need to tee it up again in the future. Great golfer and even better person. Thanks for such a a fun day on the course.

@Nappy - you give me so much **** for joggers and being a lefty, but under all that you're a freaking gem. Another condo buddy, almost getting struck by lightning, Top Golf, Escape Rooms (thank god you can spell "Raven" and your generosity. You're a damn good guy to be around. Still need a round with you too because four holes at Cal wasn't enough! I also need to meet backwards hat Nappy too :LOL:

Backwards hat Nappy is gonna find a private jet and bring @xThor and @RealPretendPsychic out to Montana for a Condo 5 reunion. I don't care if you play wrong handed, you're all right in my book - even if you lose **** every time you turn around. ;)

On a serious note though you're a stick and I'm probably more jealous of that smooth lefty swing than anything. Can't wait until we can do it again!

This trip was incredible.

Seeing the team again (even though we were still very much missing Clayton)...I can't really put in to words how amazing it was.

But I can give thanks to each member of the team and new brothers and sister from the trip.

@MattyD-MPLS - thank you for all your planning and all your work putting everything together. Our GD team doesn't do what it does without you. It doesn't go on this trip without you. And we sure as hell don't have as much fun without you. Thank you for being you and continuing to bring us all together in a meaningful way.

@Afizzle2100 - didn't get to play with you. That's upsetting because I wanted to see you golf your ball like you did on day 0! Thank you for setting the condo up for us that night! As others have said, your commentary during the first night of CAH made it so much better! We WILL play next time and we will hang out more because you're my guy and I'll be cheering for you during The Budget Championship!

@Vader - You're a dick. But you're our dick 😁;) Thank you for shuttling everyone (and everything) to and from condos, courses or restaurants. Playing two rounds with you was a blast. And even though we didn't technically finish that last match on Sunday, it was pretty apparent you were the better player. You're the only one to beat me in Match play this year! We need another match to settle it during the next one!

@cm24 - Seeing you on Sunday was AMAZING! So glad you got to join us for a little and while I didn't get to hardly talk with you since you were in a different group, I needed that hug man! Next time we do this, you better make the whole trip and we are going to play together. That one time at the Hideaway wasn't enough! We'll be talking plenty during the hockey season!

@Golfers Anonymous - How did I not know you were so ******* funny :LOL: probably because we STILL haven't had a chance to play a round together 😞. I have a list for next time and you're freaking on it. Glad we got to share some meals and the night zero condo together! I'm also really glad you made it home because it was hit or miss for quite awhile! Don't worry, I'll be cheering for you in The Budget Championship too! Hope to see you sooner than later man!

@RealPretendPsychic - we picked up right where we left off after that last breakfast in California last year. Condo buddy, almost getting struck by lightning at Caledonia buddy, and escape room buddy. So thankful for our time together at meals, on the course and in the condo. Can't wait to see you again man! Hope your back and knee heal up! We just need to get you a better way to follow directions on the next trip :p Love ya man!

@blazinden - I think I was only legitimately mad one time during the whole trip. And it was because of you and that miracle shot you hit through a 10 tree window to get 10 feet from the green and then get up and down for birdie net eagle during our day two match :LOL: Eff you! But in all seriousness, seeing you play so well and hit more greens with fairway woods than I've ever seen in my life was fantastic to watch. You're a blast to be around on and off the course. I just want to be on your side next time and be on the right side of all those bounces! The unicorn headcover was the cherry on top this weekend!

@Nappy - you give me so much **** for joggers and being a lefty, but under all that you're a freaking gem. Another condo buddy, almost getting struck by lightning, Top Golf, Escape Rooms (thank god you can spell "Raven" and your generosity. You're a damn good guy to be around. Still need a round with you too because four holes at Cal wasn't enough! I also need to meet backwards hat Nappy too :LOL:

@xThor - Everyone has said it and I'm going to as well. You're a beast. Not a single complaint from you all weekend through CPO, the heat, the weather, David's terrible direction following, and even having to almost sleep in an airport (okay you may have complained a little there;)). You're one of my best friends on the team and have been from the very start. So glad you made the trip and thankful for everything you did for the team before and during as well. Anime Gods forever! Also this trip proves that your 12.6 was ******** :p You golfed your freaking ball and it was a pleasure to watch at TB!

@Tevenor - You're the perfect ASS CAP for this year. We didn't get a ton of time together but that round at TB was everything I could have asked for. From you hitting bombs, to your one liners to your hug at the end of it. Man I've missed you! I've been lucky enough to golf with you in Chicago and in South Carolina but it's still not enough. You're a fantastic guy and I'm so glad you're able to go back the The Hideaway this year!

@93civiccpe - Another teammate that I didn't get a ton of time with because of the format. But hanging with you and having you as a "Caddy" during that round of TB was fantastic. Wouldn't trade chatting with you about golf and everything else during that time for anything. And that moment me, you, Tev and Neil had one the green on whatever hole it was, was perfect as the Grandmama guys! Also if you ever sell the Autoflex, I'm your huckleberry

I may be, to some.

Know, if I'm busting on you, I like you.

Where I am from, the highest praise, is getting ripped up.

I hate no one, and consider you all, very good friends. I'm sorry if I made anyone think otherwise.

I may be, to some.

I hate no one, and consider you all, very good friends. I'm sorry if I made anyone think otherwise.
No apologies needed! That's why I put it up here. All love man!

I may be, to some.

Love you just the way you are. Reminds me of being around my father's side of the family. 😁

You were the reason we were able to make Wednesday and Thursday work and absolutely killed it. Can't thank you enough for that.

Need me to break something on your truck to make you feel better? 😛😁

I’m going to post my recaps now, but I wanted to start with a huge thank you to THP, as without it, none of this past week would have ever happened.
Then I want to thank everyone who went last week and I was able to meet up with. This summer has been the hardest time of my life, and candidly I often feel like a completely different, and less, person than I used to be. This past week was a brief escape from the craziness of doctors, therapy, and feeling trapped; and became of week of joy and love. I smiled more in this last week, than I did in the last 2 months. I really mean it when I say how important this trip was to my mental health, and how much I appreciate everyone that made it happen.

Now, onto the individuals.

I tried to take some notes each night to help me remember things, as most of the week is a blur with my memory issues, so these might be short and sweet.

@e1iterate we did not get to play at all, or spend much time together, but I enjoyed getting to meet you, and glad you were able to make it to spend time with us, and still play in your tournament.

@AnthonyC I had a blast playing with you, and meeting you was a treat. Trust that driver! Hope we get to play again someday (maybe just not in New Jersey…)

@Carolina Dundee even though I wasn’t physically able to play our match Sunday, I enjoyed hanging out and sharing some banter together!

@Sarzar Great to finally meet you, and a pleasure playing with you. I can see your game improving, just keep Dennis in line!

@billyh what a freaking pleasure to meet you. From the first day when you made a special effort to come sit by me and introduce yourself and spark up some conversation, it really meant a lot. I had a great time playing, and love how we just gave each other crap in the best way possible.

@BigDill I had so much fun playing with you, and spent that whole day just laughing. Thank you.

@Davidhibler it was awesome to finally meet in person, and while we didn’t get to spend much time together, I know the 2022 GD squad is in great hands.

@JW Smoove We had such a blast playing, and you’re an even better person. Thank you for looking out for me, and for your kind words all week.

@drp3434 I had such a blast meeting and getting to know you, playing together was the cherry on top. I cannot wait to follow your journey to and at the Grandaddy this year.

I tried to take some notes each night to help me remember things, as most of the week is a blur with my memory issues, so these might be short and sweet.

@e1iterate we did not get to play at all, or spend much time together, but I enjoyed getting to meet you, and glad you were able to make it to spend time with us, and still play in your tournament.

@AnthonyC I had a blast playing with you, and meeting you was a treat. Trust that driver! Hope we get to play again someday (maybe just not in New Jersey…)

@Carolina Dundee even though I wasn’t physically able to play our match Sunday, I enjoyed hanging out and sharing some banter together!

@Sarzar Great to finally meet you, and a pleasure playing with you. I can see your game improving, just keep Dennis in line!

@billyh what a freaking pleasure to meet you. From the first day when you made a special effort to come sit by me and introduce yourself and spark up some conversation, it really meant a lot. I had a great time playing, and love how we just gave each other crap in the best way possible.

@BigDill I had so much fun playing with you, and spent that whole day just laughing. Thank you.

@Davidhibler it was awesome to finally meet in person, and while we didn’t get to spend much time together, I know the 2022 GD squad is in great hands.

@JW Smoove We had such a blast playing, and you’re an even better person. Thank you for looking out for me, and for your kind words all week.

@drp3434 I had such a blast meeting and getting to know you, playing together was the cherry on top. I cannot wait to follow your journey to and at the Grandaddy this year.
You name the place and I'll be there brother.

I assure you the pleasure was all mine. I have been debating over what and how much to say regarding my experience meeting you and how to convey it, because it has really impacted me in a way that I never expected. I think the best way to put it is that you are an amazing person, and meeting you was nothing short of incredible. And this has nothing to do with your recent health scare. It has everything to do with how you look at life, the positive attitude you have, and the way you just attack life to get the most out of each moment. I knew all of that was true when following your videos during the Grandaddy, and to get to experience it first had was everything I could have asked for and more. If there was a captain of THP, my vote would be for you @xThor.

This trip reminded me that I get caught up with so many things in my life that steal my happiness, and that I have a choice not to let that happen. Spending time with everyone on the trip was some of the happiest and carefree times I have had in a while. Just being able to laugh and joke constantly and share great conversation with people over common interests really reminded me that there can be much more to life than just going through it. Again, a thank you to each and every one of your for your time and welcoming me in.

And now my GD brothers.

@MattyD-MPLS I cannot thank you enough for helping organize this, and being the Captain in every sense.

@dacatalyst41 even though you weren’t there, the culture and fellowship you helped build this team into is thriving, and I appreciate you so much for that. I cannot wait for us to meet and play at some point again.

@Tevenor my bash brother. Every time I get to spend time with you is a treat. I laugh so hard, but also feel the love. It’s amazing.

@blazinden Dennis, you are crazy, but my favorite kind of crazy. So great to hang out again!

@Afizzle2100 You did so well with taking over the appetizer ordering, i was so proud of you. Then you ate that sub sandwich from the middle. I’m not sure I’ll ever get over that, but I will try. 😂. In all seriousness, following you in the Budget Championship is going to be awesome, and I cannot wait to make it up to Indy to play more golf together.

@Vader I love laughing with you. Your sense of humor is one of my favorites ever, and I love any time we get to spend together. Thank you.

@Golfers Anonymous I will gladly try to keep that .6 up for you. I enjoyed all the laughs and jokes, and hope we get to play again sometime real soon.

@93civiccpe Shaun I so very much enjoyed all the time we spent this week. Especially just the joking around at true blue. We’re going to get together and play me. it’s a must-do.

@cm24 I am so so so glad you could make it on sunday. Even though our time together was brief this trip, I cannot wait to get another round in with you in Columbus soon.

My condo 5 brothers

@RealPretendPsychic Your love of escape rooms and niche areas gives me energy. I had so much fun, and it was such a great idea, especially running away from a coffin. Thanks for getting us lost a couple times, but I had such a blast hanging out again.

@Nappy I wanted more than anything on this trip, to get to spend more time with you and play a round. This was truly a highlight of the week and I had so much fun joking around with you. I cannot wait to spend more time again.

@Muchmore18 what can I say to my Anime Gods brother that I haven’t already told you. You helped me so much through the week and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you. Love you my guy. Now I’m going to go watch dodgeball and take a nap.

Since it’s been addressed a few times in this thread, I would just like to point out that my driving isn’t that bad.

Since it’s been addressed a few times in this thread, I would just like to point out that my driving isn’t that bad.
Mine is!! I'm still way behind and trying to get caught up but I actually feel like a human again today so am working.. only about 55 pages behind. 😳

Back