CONTEST The 2021 Grandaddy Reunion Trip To Myrtle Beach: You Pick The Winner and Live Update Thread

It wasn't Neil's fault you pulled in to DQ or had to circle the DQ parking lot twice and then took the wrong turn out of there...Actually are we sure it's not you?
I take full blame for the Dairy Queen debacle :LOL:

Since it’s been addressed a few times in this thread, I would just like to point out that my driving isn’t that bad.

We’ve all gotten distracted by a DairyQueen before.

@Nappy I wanted more than anything on this trip, to get to spend more time with you and play a round. This was truly a highlight of the week and I had so much fun joking around with you. I cannot wait to spend more time again.

My wife and I finally got away on a “dinner date” for the first time in literally years, last night. She started asking questions about the trip and said what was your favorite part? Before I could answer she said “Let me guess, Neil?”

I guess I haven’t been able to stop mentioning you since I got back. 😂

@BigDill said it earlier dude but you’re an inspiration. You’d have every excuse to be sad, tired or angry, but dammit if you didn’t show up every single minute (and do everything) with the biggest smile on your face and the most positive attitude. This world needs more Neil’s. I’ve spent the last few days ordering Neil things (neck fans are amazing), I started a ball marker collection during this trip and yesterday on the course I told myself I was gonna play golf like Neil (refused to let the bad shots get me down). Played the best I had all year..with 2 birdies?!?!?! Can’t wait to spend more time with you brother.

Haven’t gotten to address these yet, and that is quite frankly a bit embarrassing.

@Afizzle2100 We both rocked the clover X LS ball and shared some great and not so great golf shots, especially at True Blue. Love golfing with you dude!

Mike you are awesome and I’m so glad we got to play golf so many times over this trip. You my cartner for my best round and worst round on the trip. And we both birdied 18 at true blue which was absolutely satisfying. You are one of the funniest people in a dry way in my opinion, and I can’t wait to get out on the course again.

@Afizzle2100 - Dude! Glad I got to play two rounds with you, each was an awesome time. I know you didn't have your best (thanks for wasting it on day 0 😜) but it's evident you have game. I will always remember the pivotal moment of hat sticker removal. You called it and it came out to be true. I'm still laughing at your background commentary while we all played Cards Against Humanity lol. Great stuff. Hope we get to play again and can't wait to follow along to you and Nick take second to the tacos in Budget 😉

Danny my boy (Jack Nicholson voice). You are a rockstar man. On and off the golf course. You are fun, you aren’t afraid to joke around, you are caring and I’m humbled to have gotten to play multiple rounds with you. I’m not gonna take any credit here *cough* but I (along with about everyone else) rode hard for you to be on this gdaddy squad. I couldn’t be any more thrilled with our decision. You are a great person and you will do great in December. I haven’t even mentioned how good of a golfer you are. I don’t want to see you on a golf course ever again unless it’s on my team lol. Team Callaway is gonna have their hands full with you and I’m super excited to watch you show out for THP. Hoping I can ruin your secret taco fan club this week lol.

@Afizzle2100 - didn't get to play with you. That's upsetting because I wanted to see you golf your ball like you did on day 0! Thank you for setting the condo up for us that night! As others have said, your commentary during the first night of CAH made it so much better! We WILL play next time and we will hang out more because you're my guy and I'll be cheering for you during The Budget Championship!

Chris, thanks for your kind words. You truly are one of the nicest people on our team and I’m happy to call you a friend. You exemplify what it means to be a good THPer and you really make every trip with us more fun. MUCHMORE fun. I’m sad we didn’t get to play as we have very similar games and our previous round was a lot of fun. Can’t wait to keep doing these things with you and can’t wait to support you when you become the next Grandaddy Cap or Ass cap ;)

fun fact I tried to vote for you and Neil as co mvps in December, but I don’t think that played lol.

[/QUOTE]

@Afizzle2100 You did so well with taking over the appetizer ordering, i was so proud of you. Then you ate that sub sandwich from the middle. I’m not sure I’ll ever get over that, but I will try. 😂. In all seriousness, following you in the Budget Championship is going to be awesome, and I cannot wait to make it up to Indy to play more golf together.

Neil, when you passed on the app torch to me I had a sense of pride that my father could never give me…:ROFLMAO:

I’m not gonna get mushy, but the fact that you were on this trip and still were the same old you meant all the world to me and everyone else speaking for them. You are the rock of our team, and I’m lucky to get to live so close to you and see you a couple times a year. I’ll let you kick my ass on the course anytime you want man. I’ll buy the apps. However don’t try me off the course or I’ll call lil Doug

Last edited:
Chris, thanks for your kind words. You truly are one of the nicest people on our team and I’m happy to call you a friend. You exemplify what it means to be a good THPer and you really make every trip with us more fun. MUCHMORE fun. I’m sad we didn’t get to play as we have very similar games and our previous round was a lot of fun. Can’t wait to keep doing these things with you and can’t wait to support you when you become the next Grandaddy Cap or Ass cap ;)

fun fact I tried to vote for you and Neil as co mvps in September, but I don’t think that played lol.
🥹

Danny my boy (Jack Nicholson voice). You are a rockstar man. On and off the golf course. You are fun, you aren’t afraid to joke around, you are caring and I’m humbled to have gotten to play multiple rounds with you. I’m not gonna take any credit here *cough* but I (along with about everyone else) rode hard for you to be on this gdaddy squad. I couldn’t be any more thrilled with our decision. You are a great person and you will do great in December. I haven’t even mentioned how good of a golfer you are. I don’t want to see you on a golf course ever again unless it’s on my team lol. Team Callaway is gonna have their hands full with you and I’m super excited to watch you show out for THP. Hoping I can ruin your secret taco fan club this week lol.
S**t! Budget pick was submitted before I saw this! They got my brain, but you have my heart 😍 lol. Your words are too kind man. Can't wait till next time!

S**t! Budget pick was submitted before I saw this! They got my brain, but you have my heart 😍 lol. Your words are too kind man. Can't wait till next time!
You still made a great pick 😁

Thanks to all who made the gift package happen!
AAF21ACB-0B6E-417F-865A-B5FD1D72A32A.jpeg

Okay, where to begin, where to begin….

You all made my week. I had a solid 18 today, but this really was icing on the cake.

Shout out to all who made this contest prize pack possible. I was expecting chrome softs, which in and of itself is an awesome prize worth a pretty penny.

My favorite ball, by the way

But when I received my package today, I felt it and said, oh my, it’s not just a box of balls…

First. The Chrome Softs. I love Chrome Softs, I love Truvis, and I love the USA. So @MattyD-MPLS , you picked out the perfect golf ball for me. I hope I don't lose them too fast. I lost 2 today when I was playing o_O

Second, the towel. @BigDill , @Afizzle2100 Pickled Fizzle, I picked Commanding Wookiees, and I am committed to that decision. But I am rooting for you and will be ecstatic if you guys get the W.

Kudos for the towel. I’m not sure if you gave it to someone and they decided it would make a good prize or if you decided to include it
Regardless, thank you. Really cool design. It will be going on the bag
@BigDill , if you are coming to the Lou in October, I will see you soon boy (Yoel Romero voice)

@JW Smoove I believe you are responsible for the F-35? It is really neat. I can't wait to try it out as a ball marker.

@e1iterate @Davidhibler @Muchmore18 @93civiccpe @xThor @Sarzar @drp3434 @Tevenor @Nappy @blazinden @Carolina Dundee @billyh @AnthonyC @RealPretendPsychic @Golfers Anonymous @Vader

Can’t wait to use the poker chips ball markers as well. Whenever I use the Caledonia one, I will think of the Lightning strike 😂
Maybe i can harness some fire in a bottle with that lightning and get the putter hot

Thanks again for making this thread such a fun follow. I really enjoyed following along. Now I have a piece of Myrtle Beach, even though I’ve never been there. And again, thank you to whoever chipped in and made this contest possible.

038445E5-F9B8-4F95-8D4D-A50C674A5ADA.jpeg

Okay, where to begin, where to begin….

You all made my week. I had a solid 18 today, but this really was icing on the cake.

Shout out to all who made this contest prize pack possible. I was expecting chrome softs, which in and of itself is an awesome prize worth a pretty penny.

My favorite ball, by the way

But when I received my package today, I felt it and said, oh my, it’s not just a box of balls…

First. The Chrome Softs. I love Chrome Softs, I love Truvis, and I love the USA. So @MattyD-MPLS , you picked out the perfect golf ball for me. I hope I don't lose them too fast. I lost 2 today when I was playing o_O

Second, the towel. @BigDill , @Afizzle2100 Pickled Fizzle, I picked Commanding Wookiees, and I am committed to that decision. But I am rooting for you and will be ecstatic if you guys get the W.

Kudos for the towel. I’m not sure if you gave it to someone and they decided it would make a good prize or if you decided to include it
Regardless, thank you. Really cool design. It will be going on the bag
@BigDill , if you are coming to the Lou in October, I will see you soon boy (Yoel Romero voice)

@JW Smoove I believe you are responsible for the F-35? It is really neat. I can't wait to try it out as a ball marker.

@e1iterate @Davidhibler @Muchmore18 @93civiccpe @xThor @Sarzar @drp3434 @Tevenor @Nappy @blazinden @Carolina Dundee @billyh @AnthonyC @RealPretendPsychic @Golfers Anonymous @Vader

Can’t wait to use the poker chips ball markers as well. Whenever I use the Caledonia one, I will think of the Lightning strike 😂
Maybe i can harness some fire in a bottle with that lightning and get the putter hot

Thanks again for making this thread such a fun follow. I really enjoyed following along. Now I have a piece of Myrtle Beach, even though I’ve never been there. And again, thank you to whoever chipped in and made this contest possible.

View attachment 9118310

Golf balls are ammunition to shoot your shot! enjoy them!

Tequila and sprite!!!!!!!!!

Tastes like a double…..

0C88273A-0ADD-4FC0-B607-B7FACE1644E1.jpeg

Back