The 2021 PGA Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored By Titleist

Just a little salty there.. but I don’t necessarily think he is wrong. Maybe just a poor delivery.
I agree. Having worked at US Opens and talked to to patrons (I talk to anybody) It surprised me the number of patrons who attended that didn't play golf.
Also having had bi-lateral replacements to both knees, I fully understand where he is coming from with his comments. Brooks would make a great Aussie, I'd adopt him.:p

Anyone else see the incredibly awkward interaction (or i should say lack thereof) between Phil and Streelman

Very exciting finish. One of the best PGA's and majors of late. Right up there with Tiger in 2019 for me. Hope this helps elevate the PGA in terms of people's opinion. On the radio last week, Taylor Zarzour and a few others were talking about the exemptions for Rickie into the PGA and Phil at Torrey and wondering how long Phil should keep trying to play the PGA Tour. Wonder if this changes the conversation! :p

Just a little salty there.. but I don’t necessarily think he is wrong. Maybe just a poor delivery.
I don't have a problem with it. He just scored like a dog and still was within 2. How many did he miss inside 5' the last 3 days? Anyone would be annoyed they couldn't capitalize. And same with the knee and the crowd. They're always basically asking him how he feels about something, and everyone has a right to feel however they feel. The b*tch of it is that the delivery is consistently .. not poor.. unconcerned about perception maybe? Which, fine, but it's not likely to win you a lot of fans and if he was representing your brand you would have to just pucker every time they put the mic on him in spots like this.

Last edited:
I think Rahm deserves a bit of credit. He was pretty peeved after yesterday’s round, and was kind of a Richard in his interview afterward. In his post-round interview today, one of the first things he did was apologize for it:

“I could probably take a second to apologize to everybody here because my attitude yesterday after the round maybe wasn’t the best,” he said. “It’s not anybody’s fault here or at home, so I’m sorry for that. It’s okay to be upset, and I’m never going to judge myself for being upset, but I will judge myself if I don’t conduct myself properly, and I definitely didn’t yesterday.”

I don't have a problem with it. He just scored like a dog and still was within 2. How many did he miss inside 5' the last 3 days? Anyone would be annoyed they couldn't capitalize. And same with the knee and the crowd. They're always basically asking him how he feels about something, and everyone has a right to feel however they feel. The b*tch of it is that the delivery is consistently .. not poor.. unconcerned about perception maybe? Which, fine, but it's not likely to win you a lot of fans and if he was representing your brand you would have to just pucker every time they put the mic on him in spots like this.

Yep. Agree with all of this. But, maybe that is why he has his fans. They like is lack of tact or that he is more edgy. That’s fine. I am a fan of Brooks. Even though I roll my eyes a bit somethings when he speaks.

It’s the same as Bryson. I am a fan, even though he makes me cringe at times.

I was out of town and missed it all. What a bummer. But also what an incredible accomplishment. Kudos to Phil

So they are social distancing for the interview 🙄
CBS will always virtue signal no matter how ridiculous.

I’m glad this was played in a normal state so fans can be there and give the finger to it all.

I thought that the collapsing of the crowd around the players was absolutely ridiculous.
It was but it was 15 months of pent up energy and Phil added up. Bound to happen.

I think Brooks is a complete d-bag but that was unfair to him and unfortunate people were jerks.

What? Because he said shít? Shít? That's where you draw the line? At shít? Shiit, that seems soft.

Also, cavalier attitude? Didn't seem overly cavalier when he was using dirty sailor mouth to describe how unhappy he was at being knee capped by idiot Phil fans just trying to get an algorithm boost on their IG lives.

I lost interest in him some ago. I was done with him some time prior to that interview yesterday. Of course "shlt" is soft and it isn't my only reasons for losing interest. Have you watched many of his interviews. It isn't the first time he's cursed or used inappropriate language. His interviews are often unprofessional. He makes a boat load of cash and people (little kids) look up to him now, so I think he should present more professionally IMO. He seems like he is trying to play some sort of villain and it's weak, just like his use of the word shlt.

I lost interest in him some ago. I was done with him some time prior to that interview yesterday. Of course "shlt" is soft and it isn't my only reasons for losing interest. Have you watched many of his interviews. It isn't the first time he's cursed or used inappropriate language. His interviews are often unprofessional. He makes a boat load of cash and people (little kids) look up to him now, so I think he should present more professionally IMO. He seems like he is trying to play some sort of villain and it's weak, just like his use of the word shlt.
I would have been a lot less professional than he was in the post round interview if I was coming off knee surgery and had to deal with that **** show on 18. Honestly it was an incredibly embarrassing moment for the PGA that they have no control over their fans

I would have been a lot less professional than he was in the post round interview if I was coming off knee surgery and had to deal with that **** show on 18. Honestly it was an incredibly embarrassing moment for the PGA that they have no control over their fans

Fair enough, the fans were out of control there for sure. The PGA should have been more prepared no doubt.

When we were watching the finish on TV, I was telling the wife that they had lost control...I told her to watch, as soon as Brooks hits his shot he will be surrounded and maybe not make it to the green. I was surprised at the guy in red that grabbed phil to give him a "thumbs up:", but it did seem like there was a bigger Police presence around Phil.

It was but it was 15 months of pent up energy and Phil added up. Bound to happen.

I think Brooks is a complete d-bag but that was unfair to him and unfortunate people were jerks.

I won't allow pent up energy to be used as an excuse - it's probably that people can't handle their beer; and they had a man crush on Phil;)

Wonder if Phil made a conscious effort NOT to jump when he won.....?

Wonder if Phil made a conscious effort NOT to jump when he won.....?

He is almost 51, no jumping allowed. It would be embarrassing :ROFLMAO: But probably not bad for a 51 yr old white guy. Of course, my instructor pointed me to 12 and 18 inch seats and told me to do standing jumps. At 65, really? OK, I did it. Go, Phil, jump.

Or he’s almost 51 does not catch air when he jumps and did jump but none of us noticed!

Profanity is a crutch for inarticulate mother ****ers.

great tournament! shocking to believe Phil held up to that for 4 days. The slow play would have wrecked my fragile temperment no less that course. The ending was out of control and outside of reasonable golf spectator behavior imo.

I missed some of the crowd issues that you all saw. I did see the one guy get to Phil and it seemed Phil shoved him.

But overall it seemed to me that it was similar to how the British open ends with the crowd following along in the fairway.

having been there on Tuesday, vacation on the island regularly it was sad to read some of this and see some of it as well.

Tuesday i noticed no police presence. I did notice a ton of volunteers. I mean more than i have ever seen surely more than were needed the day i was there.

i think it’s wrong to blame the venue or the event for what likely was a small group that got larger once people got caught up in it. It was surely wrong, but to me it was the lack of policing not
an issue with unpaid volunteers. And from my own observations i think that there are likely 25% or more attendees who have no idea how to act at golf tournaments. It’s lucky looking back that there wasn’t a stampede or any injuries.

Don’t want to make this political but sort of like the Capitol riot a lot of people just ‘went with it’ not that this is an excuse.

interestingly it seemed to get under control pretty fast?

Beef was :ROFLMAO:

Back