EXPERIENCE The 2023 Data Experience with Shot Scope

Dinner in the cottage talking about data sounds like a wicked fun time

Let’s play highlight/lowlight again.

1684201375835.png
Toughest hole on the course. Those trees on the left really make it a difficult tee shot from the back tee box. It’s also easy to mail one into the woods on the right if you can’t turn a drive over. The fairway slopes severely right to left. It’s just all kinds of awkward. The approach shot always plays longer than it seems and the green is guarded by a false front. It’s just a rough hole. I stuck my PW - ball below my feet (my enemy a bit) to 4 feet. Made the birdie.

1684201581751.png

My only double of the day. I drop kicked a 5 iron just a bit. It hung out to the right. The rough at this course is no joke right now. It’s legit playing really difficult and it’s usually not the toughest track. I actually like it grown out a bit. Gives it some teeth. Rough grabbed my chip. Green slopes back to front and it took off on me a bit. A 3 jack city later and we have a double.

I need to be better on Par 3’s. For sure. Which makes sense - mid to long irons are the weakest part of my game.

Shot a +7 (79). Blasted some drives. Didn’t really have any wonky shots. Rough was quite rough and it got me a few times today, for sure.

To the top for my Data bros. When does everyone start to travel. Any pre-event rounds scheduled? Let's go!!!!! Wooooo!!!

To the top for my Data bros. When does everyone start to travel. Any pre-event rounds scheduled? Let's go!!!!! Wooooo!!!
Flying out super early Friday morning for me. So no extra rounds for me unfortunately.

I head out early Thursday to have a micro Grandaddy reunion with @93civiccpe, @blazinden, and @Vader. Will be a great way to head into an experience by seeing those guys again.

Driving down Friday, no pre-event round for me as my niece is graduating High School Thursday night and we are taking her out Friday morning for a breakfast celebration. Then I pack the Gladiator and head on down for some fun and lots of Data.

Evening bump as there hasn’t been a post since 5:41 this morning.

Am I alone in this crew with it being not only my first experience but my first time golfing with THP’ers, period? I’m sure this has been stated but I forget, haha.
I was in the same boat in last year's Data Experience. You will be nervous, but you will have an amazing time! Jen and Gavin are incredible people who will give advice and tips and be a blast to play golf with. They have so many stories. This will also kick off the start towards more improvement and how to play better golf. It is such an amazing event! Enjoy!

@Golfers Anonymous I have 2 difficult things to ask of you and 1 easy thing.

first, the difficult ones. Take a picture of the pro shop for me, and tell them to be stocked up in on my way soon.

now for the easy one: go win this thing!

I feel like you may have confused the easy and difficult, but that's okay! I'm sure @Golfers Anonymous will do two of these.

One more sleep

Back