CONTEST The 2023 Masters Contest and Thread

Can they get in tomorrow?

Are they expecting the leaders to play 30 holes tomorrow?

Just some light showers...

1680982087622.png

I recall one year the azaleas had bloomed and gone before the Masters. This year have they not bloomed yet?

He missed the majority of the 2009 and and 2010 seasons due to injury after his his victory at the Masters in 2008. A decade ago he attempted a professional comeback but never regained his old form. I'm guessing he's content with his career in the broadcast booth.

It's the Masters though. Only thing I can conclude is he must feel like he would embarrass himself

Ugh, suspended. Tiger was looking really in pain there...hope he's ok.

Tomorrow is going to be a very long day to try to finish this off

Man. Got home from family pictures. Cleaned up the yard and settled into my couch to watch the masters. Got suspended for the day after one shot.

I recall one year the azaleas had bloomed and gone before the Masters. This year have they not bloomed yet?
Already bloomed. They were talking about it Thursday.

Does TW come back out tomorrow? I love to watch him play, even when he isn’t 100%. I don’t like seeing him like he has been today.

I think he’s torn between the competitor and the realist. The competitor doesn’t want to give up; the realist knows it’s going to an ordeal tomorrow to play that many holes.

Already bloomed. They were talking about it Thursday.
They have it timed now. It’s not up to chance. They store the bulbs on ice then plant and humidify and heat them to bloom.

Well I guess it’s good that I have golf to play this afternoon and all day open tomorrow for the Masters and that pesky little annoyance that is doing my taxes.

The opposite. Everything bloomed by the end of March. Azaleas, dogwoods, flowering pears, the lot.

Well the weather at Augusta ruined my couch plans for the afternoon.

Does TW come back out tomorrow? I love to watch him play, even when he isn’t 100%. I don’t like seeing him like he has been today.
I don't think there's even a chance he's back out tomorrow. He's DFL and obviously in pain, and would have to play 29 holes in more bad weather. His cut streak is intact, which I think was his main goal in the first place this week. He'll WD before start of play tomorrow.

They have it timed now. It’s not up to chance. They store the bulbs on ice then plant and humidify and heat them to bloom.
While they can put things on ice to slow down the plants blooming by maybe a week, most flowering trees and shrubs were in bloom by the middle of March in and around the CSRA. Ice wasn't going to buy them a whole month.

While they can put things on ice to slow down the plants blooming by maybe a week, most flowering trees and shrubs were in bloom by the middle of March in and around the CSRA. Ice wasn't going to buy them a whole month.
The ice myth has been debunked.

Well the weather at Augusta ruined my couch plans for the afternoon.

Yeah it’s cold, wet and windy as heck here so golf is not ideal.

this weather is better than i could hope for.

Bummer on play stopping today 🙁

Anyone have any idea how/why Cam Smith had to take an unplayable there? Wasn’t he in casual water?
I was wondering the same thing. They never really did explain it, but I noticed two things. 1 - For casual water relief, the "nearest point of relief" would have been to the left of the fairway toward the bushes. 2 - When he did play the shot, he was standing in the casual water. If taking relief from casual water, you must take "complete relief" (including your stance).

Back