The best shot of the round

Yet another par 3 close call for me today. Spun one back to about six inches. Crossed the flag in flight too, ugh!!!

Love easy birds though. They are fun.

90 yards under a tree over a pond to an elevated green that sits atop a 10-12 foot embankment. My little punch 5 iron stayed under the tree, cleared the pond, hit about half way up the embankment, took 2 bounces up the hill onto the green and trickled out to about 8 feet left of the hole. I made the putt for 1 of 3 birdies on the front 9.

pulled/skyed my tee shot on hole #10 on my home course. 344 yard dogleg right. Kinda disappointed as this is an easy hole to cut the corner on and leave yourself with an easy sub-100 yard approach. Not today. I was left with a 187 yard shot to a pin all the way back on the top tier of the green. Ball was on a sidehill lie severely above my feet. I hit a 4i hybrid easy. Went out straight as an arrow and threaded between 2 greenside bunkers. bounced once about 20 feet in front of the green and released to about 20 feet shy of the cup. Absolutely the prettiest shot I had all day. I was left with an uphill birdie putt which I left about 2 feet short but I did make the par.

Hit a choke down 9i from 150 to four feet for one of my two birdies

Hit a big, high draw with a 7i from 181 over water to about 8 feet. Drained the birdie.

Left a 7i short of the green, about 10 feet off the fringe in the fairway with about 30 feet of green to a far back pin placement. Kept the 7i in hand, picked my landing spot, and chipped it on to tap in range for my 1 par on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left a 7i short of the green, about 10 feet off the fringe in the fairway with about 30 feet of green to a far back pin placement. Kept the 7i in hand, picked my landing spot, and chipped it on to tap in range for my 1 par on the day.

Kudos brother, bump n runs with 7-9 iron are a lost art.

Kudos brother, bump n runs with 7-9 iron are a lost art.

I try and do those far more than getting fancy with my 54 or 58, especially if there's a lot of green in front of me. I tend to leave approaches just short or to the side, so I get a LOT of practice with those!!

The best shot of the round

About 180 yds to flag with left to right wind, hit 6i to 3 or 4 feet on #17 yesterday. Felt so damn good and faded in perfectly and rolled by the hole. Made the birdie putt.

699d4860333958a1dc6686fa4c3f9344.jpg

Bunker shot with my 58* lob wedge. Flew the ball 47 yards out of the trap. Landed right next to the pin hopped, spun and stopped 4' past the pin. Made the par putt. I've been in 4 greenside traps in the last two rounds. 3 up and downs for par (farthest putt was 5') and one up and down (par 5) for birdie.

Added: Bad drive cutting a dogleg left put me 165 yards out, uphill to the flag but with a sidehill, ball above lie. Couldn't draw it as there was a tree so I had to hit it with a fade/cut to get to the green (against the lie). Swung an easy 5 hybrid and absolutely nailed it - went straight. Hit just at the crest of the hill just to the left of the line to the pin and released to back edge of green (green ran down from my "front" to "back". two putts for par.

Last edited:
No picture, but yesterday off 18 tee crushed it about 275 center cut. Wind aided slightly, but i was stoked.

No picture, but yesterday off 18 tee crushed it about 275 center cut. Wind aided slightly, but i was stoked.

That's a bomb. Save some for Saturday.

That's a bomb. Save some for Saturday.

Yeah I usually am 35 yards back on a decent drive. I'll try to bottle that up

Fluffed my tee shot on a par 5. Hit my 4th shot 85 yd gap wedge to three inches. Felt like I robbed a bank.

I played 36 holes today at Hanover CC...

Best shot was a tricky holed out flop shot. Hit a bad tee shot on a par three (12th) and my ball was left very short sided from ~ 15 yards over a little natural grass ravine and green sloping away from me, flag about 4-5 paces on just over the ravine. Holed it with a 58* for birdie. Perfect high lob, landing, pace and line.

Also a very nice 8-iron from 152 in punchy right-left crosswind, covered the flag to about 6 ft for birdie on the 36th. Always nice to stick it and make birdie coming into the clubhouse.

I hit a really solid 8 iron yesterday on one of the Par 5s after I had to lay up. Missed the birdie put but made par

240 out on a par 5 and pulled the heavenwood. Pushed it a little right but it went past the pin. I know it's not a huge deal but for me it was awesome to see.

I had some absolutely ridiculous drives tonight, but my favourite shot was on the 210 yard par 3 16th, which is entirely over water. Big wind behind. I go all Gary Woodland and pull 7 iron and hit it pin high hahahaha! That is obnoxious. Not my closest shot to the hole or anything, just my favourite.

Last hole of the day, had 95 yards in to a postage stamp green. No room in front to run it up, pulled out the AW and hit a 3/4 shot that hit a couple feet in front on the pin, one hop stop for a kick in birdie.

Had this little beauty from 147
Narrowly missing eagle...

631eccb9f98abbbc2777b0b928a93de5.jpg

Haven't played a complete round of golf in a month and half.Was very nervous on the first tee shot.Took a deep breath and nailed it down the middle leading to a birdie and a two under start after three holes.The opening drive is so crucial IMHO really sets the tone for the day

Stuck my 9i from 145 to about 3 feet on a par 5 today, and made the putt for birdie. Too bad I couldn't seem to do that the rest of the round!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

i had a few good ones, but my favorite was on the #2 hardest hole on the course, a long par 4 hard dogleg left with forced carry over water and a bunker just past the water. a VERY uncomfortable tee shot that i hit really well but faded a bit so i had 173 to the hole. committed to 7i as the pin was in the back and i was ok to be a little short, and hit a mid-flight laser that carried about 3 yards shy of pin high and finished dead pin high inside 10'. missed the putt though...

188 yard par 3. I had a stiff crosswind but i hit the most pure 5 iron I think I've ever hit in my life. It flew high and long about 3 feet long of the pin where it caught the slope and spun back to the front edge of the green.

Just lipped out the birdie putt. Tap in par.

5i 180y into light breeze. The lie is above my feet. Weight left, Open up the face, swing solid to hit a low-med bullet draw, carries edge of the bunker to land tight. Kinda like a trap/block shot thats turns over

Back