The best shot of the round

Played Lake Junaluska in the NC mountains yesterday. First time ever playing with elevation change and some of the holes are really just comical. Had a par 3 playing at 107 and a horribly sloped tee box. Managed to pull off a good shot that hit about a foot out and rolled just past the hole.

1595674199207.jpeg

The 4th hole is a 380 yd par 4 with uphill approach. Hit driver down the middle leaving 140 yds to the pin. Chose an extra club 7 iron. Made a good swing. Landed on the green in line with the pin. It took two hops and disappeared. Went up to the green and looked in the cup. Yes!!!!! Eagle 2!!!!

Hole 11 in today's comp, par 3 about 180 to a back flag. Took 7 and hit it so sweet. I genuinely thought I had a good chance of a hole in one. I thought it landed and rolled up to the right but when I got up there it actually landed left of the pin and rolled across to the right in front of the pin.
Either way I was very happy and made my birdie
f4e798c1d92871998fd7316738a665f9.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rolled in a 1 in a Million putt today for birdie.
I was on the back fringe of a green that slopes down towards the front at a crazy pitch.
I was going to try chip it sideways into the fringe and let it trundle onto the green but ultimately decided to putt it. Started it away from the hole and it went through 10 yards off fringe before barely dripping onto the green. Rolled another 20 feet down the green and into the cup. Would have been off the front if the hole didnt get in the way.

20200725_190543.jpg

This wedge on the 17th tee finally was finally just what I wanted, hit the pin and left me a tap in birdie, and locked in the feel of what I was trying to do long enough for me to hit my approach on the 18th just like it again, to 1' for another birdie.

View attachment 8955041

This wedge on the 17th tee finally was finally just what I wanted, hit the pin and left me a tap in birdie, and locked in the feel of what I was trying to do long enough for me to hit my approach on the 18th just like it again, to 1' for another birdie.

i'm unknowingly doomed when i think i have it locked in...

Knockdown PW from 117 into a pretty healthy wind to 2 feet to set up a birdie.

i'm unknowingly doomed when i think i have it locked in...
Just make sure tell EVERYONE how locked in you are, especially on the first tee, and you're guaranteed to hit a beauty right after. :LOL:

Nothing spectacular today, more of a best hole of the round with a series of solid shots. I had a 270 yard drive followed by a “smart” 5i for 215 that took the hazard out of play. Played a great chip from just off the green and tapped in for birdie!

My dad hit a bad 4i off the tee here before my drive. I was up 1 stroke heading into this hole so He was trying to make sure he kept it in play to give himself a chance.....so I stepped up and Left no doubt about closing him out. I got a lot of mumbles from him

He hit his second shot into the bunker, chipped and 2 putted. I was safely on in 2 and then up 2 heading into 18. We don’t need to talk about that, but I won by 3

61acada34df8779d3e36ec06e72017e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long bunker shot to a foot and a half to set up a birdie.

after a nice 3W tee shot put me 145yds away from the pin, i clubbed UP and took a 3/4 swing to put me on in two, and 4 ft from the pin. i draw the ball more when i do this so i have to remember that...it's kinda nice to say i can draw the ball :rolleyes:...also, while i have done this on more than a few occasions, it has become part of my "shot catalog"...the always pleasant 3/4 swing 3H draw to bend a shot where i want it on the fairway...rather than play a straight lay up back to the fairway...i believe i am learning things...

I short sided myself on a par three and landed in a collection area. Not much green to work with so I pull the 58 PM grind and open it up. Easy swing and it lands soft, rolls out to about 2 ft for a kick in par.

I short sided myself on a par three and landed in a collection area. Not much green to work with so I pull the 58 PM grind and open it up. Easy swing and it lands soft, rolls out to about 2 ft for a kick in par.
It was an impressive kick in! He was in for par before I had even marked my ball!

Had 135 and hit a knockdown 9 iron. Balled landed and rolled and hit the flag. I ended up 3 inches form the hole. Should have gone in :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best shot of the round yesterday has to go to the 15' putt I made for eagle. It wasn't long and it hardly had any break to it, but it was for freakin' eagle!

Honorable mentions go to:

• the ~250y 5wd that set up the eagle putt
  • the 318y drive that set up the 5wd that set up the eagle putt
  • the 121y 9i, cut into the wind to ~1' for birdie on #8
  • the 282y 3wd on #6
  • the ~25y recovery shot from the water's edge on hole #17

I only played 9 today due to the heat and humidity. But on the 9th I hit my best tee shot of the year. I usually have a 5 or 6 iron into the green, but after a great drive, I hit a punch 9 iron to 8 feet of the pin, which I made for birdie. I had put a Jumbo Max (large size) grip on my old TM 2007 Burner to see how it would work, and this was my first round with it. It looks like a keeper.

I had two from yesterday. A 7-iron to 6 feet, and a full 56 degree wedge to 5 feet (then I missed both putts)...

I had a couple yesterday but will use this one. I could have it driver on this hole, but wanted to mix it up, hit a fat 7i. Rest of the hole is all up hill, I debated using the hybrid because of the desert behind the hole, but did not want to leave it short or in the bunker, so I committed to the 3h with an 80% swing. I crunched it, but immediately knew it was to much club, took on bounce short of green, HIT the PIN and rested 6 feet away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200727-080346.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-080346.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 3
20200727_165855.jpg

20200727_115831.jpg

20200727_115918.jpg

Yeah. That's a birdie.

Best shot yesterday in the tourney was a 220 yard hybrid (18*) to about 25 feet on a testy par 5.
That gave me an eagle putt. Made bird....

my old TM 2007 Burner
I played a 2007 Burner TP for a while when I came back to the game in 2017. Sometimes, I think I should have kept it. It was in great shape.

Snuck out for a few holes this evening with my wife and the baby. On a 170 yard par 3 I hit a nice shot that looked like it was going to be a bit short.. All the sudden I see a big splash and the ball takes a huge bounce and drops to within 5 ft of the pin. I landed on a sprinkler head that had some water on top.. Usually those do not treat me well, but worked out in my favor this time!

Snuck out for a few holes this evening with my wife and the baby. On a 170 yard par 3 I hit a nice shot that looked like it was going to be a bit short.. All the sudden I see a big splash and the ball takes a huge bounce and drops to within 5 ft of the pin. I landed on a sprinkler head that had some water on top.. Usually those do not treat me well, but worked out in my favor this time!

How did the baby shoot?

Back