The best shot of the round

Missed #2 left, where you cannot miss. Had about 15y, blind, with the pin a good 10 feet above my feet. Hit a ridiculously lucky flop two paces on that rolled in for a birdie 2.

35 footer downhill sloping right to left breaker. Fortunate.

20210809_144530.jpg

20210809_145016.jpg

220 pin in unpredictable swirly winds, but thankfully by buddy played first from the lower tees and it looked like his just barely drifted right. So pulled a 6i and just went right at it. 5' and an easy birdie.

Hit my tee-shot way right on the 10th hole and had 187 yards to a pin I couldn't see over a hill. Knocked my 5 iron to 8 feet left of the pin.

Drained a 15’ for an eagle on our 18th hole in the scramble. Par 5 My teammate crushed his drive 310 down the middle. We both stuck our approach from 150 out to 15’ with his being pin High mine ran out past the hole so I was behind it. We took his ball for the putt because it was a little flatter. I hit the putt and walked it in like a true pro. It was epic. That was the hole that won it for us. If we make birdie there it ends up in a tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit 13 of 14 fairways, which created a lot of buzz in our foursome, so we'll go with one of those. The 10th hole is a par 4 dogleg right, tree lined left and right and with a bunker on the inside of the knee. Hit a tight high draw (I'm a lefty), flew the bunker and perfectly positioned beyond the knee 140 yards from the flag.

Last edited:

If you don't like music on course or have you speakers turned up, don't watch the video. Music was right by the phone camera on this one. Good song though. lol It's kind of my 'you got this' theme song.

20210811_130952.jpg

I had some really good shots and putts today, but thinking back this one was my favorite in the moment, so to me it's the best. I've been working on something small with my short irons and this was just the perfect example of those things coming together. Felt strong and really repeatable. I think I said something to the effect of 'give me wedges like that all day long' on the Live Round thread. Didh't want it to go long, but even though it did just a bit it stayed online in the wind on was right on target. Got the putt for birdie.

Well, after the above, there goes my 156 6i against the wind to 6 feet and a missed birdie putt. :ROFLMAO:

Well, after the above, there goes my 156 6i against the wind to 6 feet and a missed birdie putt. :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like a real good shot to me! (y)

Sounds like a real good shot to me! (y)

Thx. My best approach shot on that hole to date... so yes, I was happy. Need to move back to blue tees at 6500 yd and see what happens as opposed to 6100. Still waiting on my Honma TR21X for more distance.

I played in a group yesterday and was playing ok with a 39 on the front. Got to the 343 yard par 4 10th hole. There is a hazard all down the right side and OB left though there are some trees that can help knock it down. I piped a 3H and was in the middle of the fairway 101 out from the pin. A playing partner was actually right beside me and put a quarter down to mark my ball. He hit a pretty good shot and then I stepped up. I hit the 54 and it went right at the pin. I saw it hit and check and drop into the hole for and eagle! Got a skin from it too so that was nice.

I played in a group yesterday and was playing ok with a 39 on the front. Got to the 343 yard par 4 10th hole. There is a hazard all down the right side and OB left though there are some trees that can help knock it down. I piped a 3H and was in the middle of the fairway 101 out from the pin. A playing partner was actually right beside me and put a quarter down to mark my ball. He hit a pretty good shot and then I stepped up. I hit the 54 and it went right at the pin. I saw it hit and check and drop into the hole for and eagle! Got a skin from it too so that was nice.
NICE!!

What was crazy it I hit two other wedge shots that were pin seekers. One was on 9 and looked to be a tap in birdie. Ended up about 15 ft long. It was out of some thick rough and was a knuckler that didn't spin. The other was on the 18th hole and I landed about 2 ft short and was 2 ft past the hole. That would have been for a 6 though. Don't ask me about the two shots before that.:facepalm:

I got to thinking about it and that's the farthest I've holed one of from. The next farthest was only 65 yards.

Wait, wait, wait.. I screwed up. Man, you know you're loving your short iron swing when you remember a wedge as your best shot on a day when you hit a 398y drive. :ROFLMAO:. Which I was just reminded I did.

20210811_113653.jpg

IMG_20210812_131802.jpg

Wanted to go after a hard fade to hold the ridge and some breeze over my right shoulder, and found the exact line and shape for it all to work out perfectly and leave me a 58* in to 5' and an easy eagle. That was probably better than the wedge. :p

If you don't like music on course or have you speakers turned up, don't watch the video. Music was right by the phone camera on this one. Good song though. lol It's kind of my 'you got this' theme song.

View attachment 9021778

I had some really good shots and putts today, but thinking back this one was my favorite in the moment, so to me it's the best. I've been working on something small with my short irons and this was just the perfect example of those things coming together. Felt strong and really repeatable. I think I said something to the effect of 'give me wedges like that all day long' on the Live Round thread. Didh't want it to go long, but even though it did just a bit it stayed online in the wind on was right on target. Got the putt for birdie.

You looked very giddy at the last second of the video! Almost a little hop in there.

You looked very giddy at the last second of the video! Almost a little hop in there.
Haha That was pretty mild. I try to edit out that ACTUAL giddy hop. It's been known to sneak it's way in though when I really like one.

Wait, wait, wait.. I screwed up. Man, you know you're loving your short iron swing when you remember a wedge as your best shot on a day when you hit a 398y drive. :ROFLMAO:. Which I was just reminded I did.

View attachment 9021933

View attachment 9021932

Wanted to go after a hard fade to hold the ridge and some breeze over my right shoulder, and found the exact line and shape for it all to work out perfectly and leave me a 58* in to 5' and an easy eagle. That was probably better than the wedge. :p

Love the way you swing through the impact zone. A lot of folks could learn a lot by watching. Full flowing weight transfer and not a hint of a recoil, or overswing.

Last edited:
I don't drive it as far as some, but I do know how to put it in the fairway most of the time. I hit every fairway on the mountain course I played today. The BSOTR was a par 4 hole that doglegs 70 degrees to the right. There is a tall pine tree guarding the inside of the knee and my tee shot flew over it and because of cutting the corner left me 100 yards out in the middle of the fairway for my approach.

Wish I had it on video, but I hit an insane flop shot from a dead position yesterday.

14th hole, pretty easy up hill par 4. Hit a huge brain fart drive OB so had to re-tee. Btw, I don't recall ever hitting a ball OB on this hole, thats how off the planet the drive was. Hit a bomb 2nd though....pin high! Sadly, I was pin high, short sided in the rough hitting up hill and couldn't see the bottom of the pin. Had no chance to get it close without hitting a perfect Phil Phlop. Pulled it off to pure perfection. I took a full swing, ball went straight up, landed two feet short.....and all I could hear was it rattle in the cup against the pin. So fun to hole such a difficult shot.

Chipped in for par today from the rough from about 40ish feet! One of those shots that came out perfect and was tracking the whole way. Really pleased with the execution and result!

3 wood from 255 onto the green! Nearly needed a string to determine drive was OB 😕 and loooong putt lipped for par.
51D27D08-291A-42A7-8ED5-F45419419DF1.jpeg

Hole 10, short par 4 but I pulled my drive pretty far left. Had about 85 yards into the green and was lucky that I had a clear line, but it was directly over a greenside bunker and there wasn't a lot of room to stop it before hopping it off the green and into jail under a tree canopy on the other side. Compounding matters, the ground was really baked and firm so a perfect pinch was needed to get enough spin to stop it. Fortunately it came off perfectly and I flew a 54* wedge just short of the pin and one hopped and stopped it. Missed the bird, but was still doing well to make par after the drive.

Back