The best shot of the round

That’s a heck of a blind shot up the hill from #4! There’s just no reason to test the OB left on 3 though.
I wish I was 'playing it safe' off the tee on #3. After a great driving day 2 weeks ago, I am struggling with driver again. Thankfully holes #3 and 4 are open on the right.

The best shot of yesterday's round was, probably, the best 3W of my life:

1629740803889.png

That tree where my second shot was from is the ideal starting line off the tee. This 3W has a little draw on it, one-hopped the tree, and bounced back a few yards and just left of the tree enough to give me a clean look at the green. 250+ with a 3W, had it not hit the tree, is a big number for me.

The GW to 6 feet wasn't bad, either.

Good drive, this baby 8i on the 475y par 4

20210823_131251.jpg

2 near eagles on the front 9. Ticked the bottom side of the pin with my tee ball on a par 3 and lipped out a 25 yard eagle chip on a par 5.

Interestingly, that post from earlier was actually meant for the Live Round thread. Not quite sure how I bounced into here while playing.. :unsure::LOL:

Best for me was really a redemption 105y little cut 54*. It's a shot I play sometimes, but kind of screwed one up earlier.

Screenshot_20210823-161141_Video Player.jpg
Double crossed left off the 17th tee

Screenshot_20210823-161809_Video Player.jpg

Punched a hooky through the trees to wedge range,

And then turned tree roots into tasty tea with a par 5 birdie the hard way.

*music playing warning! We were dying out there in a 112 heat index at the end and put on some music to try to keep our feet moving

After pushing my drive in the lake I was left with 138 after my drop. I stuck a 9 iron to 3 feet and salvaged a par. Was very proud of that recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's BSOTR was a lot of fun. After my drive settled in with an uphill lie on a dogleg right par 4, I should have taken one more club for the second shot. Came up 20 feet short of the green, 90 feet short of a back right flag on top of a two-tiered green. Then it happened. With everybody in our group watching, I hit a pitch spinner that landed directly behind the flag, danced around the flag and dove into the hole.

I was especially pleased with a 3h from 220 to get me home in two on a par 5. Water right. The green slopes toward the water. I struck the ball well - rarity with hybrids lately - and hit the shot I saw in my mind: a fade that started left, landed on the left edge of the green and worked its way down toward the hole.

A monster of a 5 wood led me to 119 yards in to a back pin. Perfect yardage for my new wedges pulled the 52* and dropped it within 4 feet.

Played our local muni exec today for the first time in awhile. Hit a bunch of nice wedge shots on the short par 3s but my best shot was my only drive of the night. The first 3 par 4s are too short for me to hit driver but 18 plays 295 to the pin. I waited for the green to clear and could feel the guys behind me judging me. Caught one right on the sweet spot smoked it down the middle and landed pin high on the green at 295 all carry. My ball ended right near the divot. Felt amazing to smash one on the green like that, unfortunately I had my only 3 putt of the night to follow it up.

Uphill….so close!

2c0ac5f9ebb718075114f4ddd5ff07cc.jpg

715d868dab93bcb2f6813a02d7e05cd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20210827_105051.jpg

Had missed the previous green with a dang wedge, and then misjudged the breeze and my strength today I guess, and puched a PW 157y and 30' long left. Was pretty pumped to get the downhill right breaker for birdie and it got me going again for a killer back 9.

Yes, Prince is playing in the background.

BSOTR was my tee shot on the par 3 16th hole. 190 yards to a back pin on an elevated green. Tee shot started right at the pin and after a baby draw stopped pin high, 6 feet right of the pin.

P. S. Yes, made the putt for birdie.

Smashed a drive on this hole on the perfect line, drawing around the trees on the left.
FF6ED222-8CEA-4A58-A4FC-71EEEDF2F540.jpeg

4th hole on The Tribute Golf Club. 140 yds out after my drive. 7 iron in the hole for an eagle.

Didn’t have anything memorable yesterday but on Friday I what about 240 out with a little helping wind and hit my recent purchase, a 21’ Apex Pro 2 hybrid. Hit it right on the screws landed in the middle of the green and unfortunately missed my 15 foot eagle putt by a hair but easiest birdie all year. Probably my shot of the year so far.

Didn’t have anything memorable yesterday but on Friday I what about 240 out with a little helping wind and hit my recent purchase, a 21’ Apex Pro 2 hybrid. Hit it right on the screws landed in the middle of the green and unfortunately missed my 15 foot eagle putt by a hair but easiest birdie all year. Probably my shot of the year so far.
Sounds to me that you did have something memorable.

Played in a scramble last Monday and donated funds then spun a wheel on a 347yd Par 4 landing on a hole-in-one! Woohoo- my first HIO and albatross! Haha. Wheel spin only!

No fears on the box as we got to play the hole anyway. Straight par 4 that tweaked 5yards left at the end. Decide to let it go and went straight over the tree just left of green at the end. Best drive in a long time!

Saw the guys point in group ahead and didn't think much of it. Got up there after collecting everyone's drives and my cartner got a little excited. Said where's my ball, I can't see it...it was on the green 20 feet from the pin!

I apologized to the group ahead but think they were as excited as we were. None of us made the putt, but tapped in for a group bird. Still got to card the scramble HIO!

Last edited:
My best shot followed my worst. Topped my first 5i punch attempt into the woods before hitting a nice one. Then nearly dunked my approach from 80 yards and tapped in for bogey. I’m also enjoying driving the ball higher because this horrible slice off the tee cleared all trees to set up this sequence.
FD1948D9-A8AC-40E8-B92B-655A3ACDD55F.jpeg

From 110 with my Edel 58 degree today... Hit left of the hole, bounced ahead, and then either bounced again or spun back and zipped into the hole. Been quite a while since I holed out anything from distance, felt pretty great.

1630281003478.png

Pured Ping G425 4h from about 205, severely uphill and needing to carry a bunker short of the green. Ended up on the fringe just short of the green, leaving about 30 feet uphill for eagle. Missed that but it resulted in a tap in birdie - which was my first of 4 on the day.

Back