The best shot of the round

Today it was a simple putt. An 8 footer for par on #8 -a downhill left to righter.
I needed it to steady the ship and get something going at the same time. It worked and helped me put together a nice string of holes together.

Tee shot: 263y, 3wd on a hole that gives me fits. Hit the fairway.

Approach: I sucked today. Only 2 GIR.

Chip/pitch: 54° from 36y to 1' to setup par on a hole I'd never made par before.

Putt: 27' putt to save bogey after a WH penalty on a par 4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Par 5, 5i to uphill green from 204, second shot 5i to a foot. Eagle.

Par 3 201 to the front part of the green. I hit my 3 iron off the tee to the fringe about 5 feet from the hole. Parred the hole.

Short par four, 6- iron that rolled to within 10 inches of the cup, tracking right at it. Almost an eagle.

380-yard par 4 with a big dogleg right. Tee shot had me on the right angle in, but 165-yards out. The second shot was a tight draw flag high 10 feet left of the flag. Made the putt for birdie.

124 yards to 3 feet, made the birdie putt.

Two shots in the same hole.

Par 5
Drive 315 ( best ever in the hole)
51* 85yds out to within 5’

Ended with par but a great strong hole after a wonky 9.

IMG_2818.jpg

Drained a greenside bunker shot for birdie.

I'm torn between a par 3 tee shot to just inside 3 feet and a 35-foot downhill double-breaker. I'm going to go with the tee shot to inside 3 feet as I had a lot of success on the par 3s today.

30 foot Greenside chip/flop out of rough, over a 5 foot high mound in front of me, short sided onto a firm green at the same level I was standing.

The mound was also covered in rough, cut too long to use as I didn't trust the ball would actually come down the other side if I bumped into it, so I had to hit it high, but also fly it far enough to not land on the downslope and fire across the green, and spin it enough to get some check.

Played it how I pictured it and put it to 18 inches for a tap-in par.

3rd hole, dog leg par 4 onto a two tier green - flag on top tier. Hit 164 yards into a head wind (15mph) Ball pitched 3ft from hole, rolled around cup and finished 4ft passed. Knocked it in for birdie :micdrop:. Never mind shot of the round that was shot of the season.

58 degree from 50 yards to about 3 feet to set up the only birdie of the round

i had some good ones tonight, even though my score was abysmal.

3w off the tee on 11. low bullet cut on fast and dry fairway clocked in at 284.

high draw drive exactly how i drew it up on 18. downwind firm and fast fairway 310.

7i into a stiff wind from 165 to 2’ made the bird.

punch draw 5i under trees from 190 ran up onto the green.

extremely tight driving hole in #4 hit a perfect high draw 5w around the trees 243.

but i was still like 15 over par for 14 holes lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tough to follow McLovin's post, but here goes.

285 yd drive right down the middle. Let's not discuss the sand wedge that followed.

An 18' birdie putt to end the round, that rolled near perfectly with the alignment mark rolling over itself all the way into the cup. It was satisfying to watch.

Last edited:
For me, it has to be the 275 Yard, 75 yard drive I hit yesterday.

Let me splain.

I hit my drive a solid 175, right at a 6" wide tree, which I drilled dead center. Ball came back another 100 yards and ended up 75 from the tee, LOL

Hole out on the Par 5 #6 hole tonight. 163yards to pin, hole out for eagle.

54 degree wedge from 100 yards to 2 inches. Had the ball landed an inch further left, it would have been in for an eagle.

200 yard approach shot to 15 feet.

First hole: after I slightly push/faded my 3H drive, I left myself with an uphill lie in the fringe of a fairway bunker, ball sitting down.

140 out, decent stance. Death long so I grab my 130 club. Between it and the uphill lie, I expect to come up a bit short but I do give it just a little extra through impact.

Stick it to 2'.

Felt great because I was playing a skins match against better players than myself. Carded 3 birds and an eagle but yes, the 2nd shot on #1 was even better than the shots that led to eagle as per difficulty.

An 8 iron to 6 feet on the par 3 7th hole. It’s a very elevated green and yesterday had a tricky pin placement with a 20 mph crosswind. It set up my 3rd birdie of the day.

Had about a 30 yard chip/pitch from a downhill lie and needed it to check up. Tough lie and stance for me but I hit it to about 5 feet. Very pleased with that one.

Par 3 from 173 Thursday. That...close
40150fecdd281ab6742e9df52275d8e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On a short 300 yard par 4 I blasted my drive into a hazard. I took my drop and then holed out from 45 yards for a surprise birdie lol!

25 foot birdie putt on my only GIR on the front 9.

Back