The best shot of the round

Flop shot over a huge bunker to a front pin to 2 feet to set up a birdie.

Had 2 pretty good holes today. First one was a chip in from 30 feet for birdie. The other hole I clanked the pin from 65 yards. Of course the ball ended up 35 feet from the hole. The good news is I made the putt for birdie.

Mine was a putt yesterday. 218 yard par 3. Looking at the green from the tee, halfway up the green was a tier running straight across left to right, about 1foot difference from upper to lower tier. Pin was about 2 feet short of the bottom of the tier on the extreme right hand side, I left myself 2 feet beyond the top of the tier on the left hand side. Rolled it along the tier to die where I was hoping it would and let it roll down the tier to 3".

Didn't drop, but it was one of those ones where you see it, execute it and it works out as expected.

It was luck, but still fun... my partner was crowing about making a long par putt, and I had a chip from just off the green left for par - so I said just a second while I chip this in... then drained it.

Drained a 30 - 35 foot putt for birdie.

Uphill 310 yard hole hit it very front edge just off the green easy up and down birdie.

PW from 120 into a pretty stiff wind to 5 feet to set up a birdie. Pin was in a very difficult to get to position on that green as well.

I played in a best ball scramble yesterday. The 17th hole, par 3, 165 yds, I had closest to the pin. I hit the ball to within 3 ft of the pin. I hit 6i. Won $50, a bottle of booze and a small trophy.

195ish yard 4h out of a fairway bunker to the fringe of the #1 handicap hole. Saved par. That was on Monday. Haven't made it out since then. That round was brutal. Played from the black tee (6,970y) and hit driver 10 times. I normally hit driver about 4-5 times per round and hit 3wd 5-6 times. It definitely played long.

3w from 230 out on the first hole par5, put it on to about 25 feet and 2 putted for birdie to start out the day. 2nd hole stuck a wedge to 3 feet and made the putt as well.

Choked down 8i from 150yds out in the light rough on hole #2 for a tap in birdie.
5601f990f43cb2c24fa2631e3a581316.jpg

I hit my 4 wood from 231 yards today on the last hole to 4 feet and missed the eagle putt. It was a perfect day for golf and me and my buddy finished in 2:50 walking.

It was my third shot on the 13th hole. It was the shot that actually stayed in the fairway. It went 195 yds. It left me 40 yds short of the green. I chunked my wedge shot afterward.

Partial 58 degree wedge from 70 yards to a foot to set up an easy birdie.

4 man scramble; 285y par 4. Driver to about 8 feet. WE MISSED THE EAGLE PUTT.

195 yd par 3, hit a 6 iron pure and the ball hit the flagstick on the fly, about 1-2' above the hole. The ball / flagstick collision sound was pretty dang LOUD and the flagstick was waving wildly like 3-4' back and forth. Luckily, the ball only went about 5' from the hole. Made the putt.

Had 92 yards and hit a knock down wedge to 18 inches. Made the birdie putt. I also had 3 drives over 300 today. Very good driving day.

5150;n8901394 said:
4 man scramble; 285y par 4. Driver to about 8 feet. WE MISSED THE EAGLE PUTT.

We **** -18 today in our scramble and lost by 1.

120-yard approach on a par 5 to one foot from the cup. Kick-in birdie.

I had several approach wedges that were within 5 feet but one drive was absolutely smashed. I drove it 342 yards non wind assisted and only very slightly downhill. It might be the longest drive I have ever hit as a pure shot. It left me only 145 in on a par 5. Of course I only made par after missing the green :(.

Architex;n8902149 said:
I had several approach wedges that were within 5 feet but one drive was absolutely smashed. I drove it 342 yards non wind assisted and only very slightly downhill. It might be the longest drive I have ever hit as a pure shot. It left me only 145 in on a par 5. Of course I only made par after missing the green :(.

Been there, done that!

346 yd drive, 8 iron to 18' and then 3 putted. 1st putt went 5' past the hole, missed the comeback. It did not sit well.

This might be the wimpiest best-shot-of-the-round post ever, but after a decent tee shot with a 4i went a little longer through the dog leg than planned, I was left with an extreme uphill lie, about 145 yards from an elevated green.

There's plenty of room around this particular par 4 green, but there's also a wide ravine that needs to be carried. As badly as I'd been hitting my irons and with the tough lie, I considered just punching it to the flat fairway in front of the ravine and playing for bogey (keep in mind I'm terrible at bad lies). Instead, I decided to try and carry the hazard and hope to just get it close to the green. I gripped down on a 6i and took an easy 3/4 swing. The shot stayed somewhat low and on a perfect line, hit in front of the green and rolled up onto it where I was able to two-putt for par.

I've never tried this type of shot with a bad lie before. I believe it's good to have a shot you can rely on for when good contact is absolutely necessary. In this case it was to take a shorter swing with a longer club - much like one I'd hit to keep the ball under branches. It wasn't pretty but it worked. I think this shot is worth working on.

260 out on a par 5. Hit 3 wood hit a low riser. Carrys the front side bunker needing 245 carry. Hits the green and stops within 5 feet of the pitch mark. Easy 2 putt birdie on a 550+ yard par 5.

After looking over the round from yesterday, I'm going with a 216ish yard 4h. It was the 2nd shot on a shortish, 520y par 5. I got (a wind aided) 290y out of my bad drive. The 2nd shot left me about 30ish feet for eagle. I made par after slamming my first putt way past. My kid birdied it with 3 shots into the green and making a 10' putt.

Hit to 4 feet on a 235 yard par 3.

And then promptly two putted for par lol.

Back