The best shot of the round

The best shot of my whole week up in Canada was a hole out from 93 yards with my gap wedge.
Another guy in our group got an HIO this week. 20 years of 8 guys going somewhere to play golf for 4 days and he got the first ace between all of us.

Punch 7 iron from 110 out of the woods (after a wayward drive...) that rolled up to a foot short of the hole to set up my only birdie of the round.

Drumdog;n8903544 said:
The best shot of my whole week up in Canada was a hole out from 93 yards with my gap wedge.
Another guy in our group got an HIO this week. 20 years of 8 guys going somewhere to play golf for 4 days and he got the first ace between all of us.

That had to be soooo satisfying to see that finally happen! Now the barrier is broken, so you guys will start getting 'em in bunches lol!

Chip in for birdie with 54 degree wedge from 2 yards off the green.

272y drive in the fairway. In a round with 1 fairway hit and 0 GIR, that was just about the only thing worth talking about. I did have 3 par saves on the first three holes, but it was all down hill after that.

tee shot from about 115

pitch mark mark is in line with the tee and pin

mUJuFRt.jpg

Last edited:
13th hole I had one of those awkward 50-yard shots. But even worse, the pin was located on this tiny plateau tucked away on the right side of the green. Basically, a tier that was about 10 feet square with rough on the right and back and a slope down to another tier left and front. The pin was 1-foot from the left side of the tier. I hit a knockdown that checked up flag high 6 feet right of the flag.

Last edited:
140 yd downhill playing 119. Sawed off a 9 and dropped it 4 ft from the hole.

Missed the bird.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sand save from a green side bunker yesterday to a tight pin... opened up the 54 and checked one up to about 3 feet.

Best shot last weekend was a tidy little shot on #18 Sunday.
Best shot yesterday was my approach on #10. AW from 120 straight uphill, completely blind. Picked my target tree in the distance and stuck it.

Best shot for me was Friday, 500yd par 5, hit beautiful drive in the middle of fairway 250yards, hit hybrid 230 yds, got up and down 20 feet from pin, then 3 putt for par

4 wood from 210 into the wind to 10 ft all carry over water to a green with water on 3 sides, where was that swing in Idaho.....

5 iron from 201 with a tail wind to 6 feet to set up an eagle.

135 out, in a fairway bunker.

Struck a perfect 7i, one hop and stop, in the shadow of the pin.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is it sad that my best shot of the day was a forced layup tee shot with a 5 iron? Nope. I’ve decided it was that good.

Crushed a 4i about 240 carry to reach a par 5 in two. Well fringe, but close enough. Had to thread a narrow gap between trees and avoid water left and long. My best swing of the day bringing in swing changes from a lesson. Positive thoughts, visualized, implemented. Came away with par — frustratingly — but that 4i will stay with me.

425y dogleg right... one of my nemesis holes. Requires a fade off the tee to take advantage of the dogleg and have a good angle in to the green.

I envisioned a high fade around the trees and then put one out there exactly how I had seen it in my mind. Too cool. Had 125y left in from the center of the fairway. Hit the green, but 3-putted - so it goes =)

Yesterday's round was one of many good shots. Unfortunately, they were almost all either preceded by or followed by horrible shots.

We started on the back, so I will, too...

#10, hit my drive just beside the fairway bunker and had no chance to reach the green due to a weird stance. Layed up with a PW to just short of the water, then stuck a PW to like 4' from 110ish out into a slightly elevated green with the a little wind into me. I missed the par putt.

#13, I hit a 5i ~178y to 20' on a par 3 over water. At this point, my son and I were down 3 holes in our match... after 3 holes, so I needed something good. I missed the birdie putt.

#14, 3wd 231ish yards into a breeze to set up a birdie putt that I (somehow) made.

#15, 174y 6i to pin high and 30' left. Got the GIR, but 3 putted it.

#16, 240y 5wd to follow up a 96y 3wd off the tee. Got me in position. I hit the GIR on the next shot, but 3 putted* from long distance (* included a GW pitch trying to cross fringe/rough).

#1, 125y 9i out of the rough, pin-seeking to about 5' directly over the flag. I made that putt for my 2nd birdie of the day.

#4, 250y 5wd centercut in the fairway setting up a nice wedge and 2 putt for a par.

#9, 246y 3wd on the final hole, in the dark, centercut in the fairway.

Shot of the day would probably go to the wedge on #10 or the 9i on #1. The wedge was hit closer, but I made the putt for the 9i so it's hard to judge. So many good shots, I just didn't capitalize on many of them. Another coulda, woulda, shoulda round in the books, but I can live with an 80 when I feel like I didn't pay great.

Crushed a 4i about 240 carry to reach a par 5 in two. Well fringe, but close enough. Had to thread a narrow gap between trees and avoid water left and long. My best swing of the day bringing in swing changes from a lesson. Positive thoughts, visualized, implemented. Came away with par — frustratingly — but that 4i will stay with me.

So, where you trying to hit the 4i 240y or did you just nuke one? That's a hell of a shot with a 4i.

5 wood from about 215 out of the rough to about 20 feet to set up an easy 2 putt birdie.

74 yards to a back pin location. Hit it tight leaving the ball about 14 inches from the hole. Too bad it the 14 inches was for par instead of birdie.

We played the combo tees yesterday which always gives me a chance to be dumb and go for the green on 17. This time I accomplished it, carrying it about 280 and finishing nearish the pin. Had a great laugh over it.

b3230ae83d4b6721280fd63f839a0d10.png

Best shot in yesterdays round was a 3 wood from the fairway. I knew I had no chance of getting home in 2 on this long uphill par 5 from 275 out, but I thought I would juice the swing a little. Damn if I didn't catch it flush, hit a little draw and put it 5 yards short of the green.

So, where you trying to hit the 4i 240y or did you just nuke one? That's a hell of a shot with a 4i.

Trying. Working on my swing I was seeing that kind of yardage on good 4i strikes. Elevation helps + hot day with no wind. Flat to very slightly downhill. Odds were that I was going to hit it short, which would have been a fine outcome. Somehow I just felt I had that swing in me at that moment.

Best shot today was a 220ish yard 5wd into the wind on a par 3 playing about 210y. Made par so it was a small victory today. Only managed 4 pars, along with 2 doubles and 2 triples, I shot a lackluster 90. Ugh...

Back