The Big Three.... No not them.

Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
UPS has been toying with me lately (ok, always) and got me to thinking how does the delivery services rate in your area? 🚐

1. Fedex (usually on time and packages in original shape, my Golfworks used to take 1 day but now takes 2 days to arrive but still in one piece.

3a. USPS (usually day behind on packages and mail is delivered once or twice a week in lumps since I’m one of the farthest out from the PO)

3b. UPS (have had packages arrive at the local facility 2 days early and sat there till scheduled delivery date🤬, currently waiting on packages that were to be delivered today by 9:00 PM, at 8:45 they updated the status to say now expected Monday🤬🤯🤬.

fedex has been the worst for me...scan said it was at the hub on a friday...got the same scan again monday. called fedex, they said it was an error and it really didn't get there friday :rolleyes:...3 weeks later, they say they lost my wedge...but don't bother updating me. ups and usps have been on time 9/10 times for me.

FedEx Crap
USPS OK, although the new house is right at the end of the route, so postie delivers around 6pm
UPS Beyond shite! I genuinely have no idea how they are still in business.

I'd rate them in this order.
1. UPS. Decent service, usually no damaged packages.
2. USPS . Same reasons as #1.
3-49. Any company, individual, or animal other than FedEx.
50. FedEx. Just a terrible, arrogant delivery company. Takes no responsibility for their mistakes. Absolutely no integrity, or honesty with their drivers. They do have good lawyers though.

I think things may be slightly different here in Canada.

I have had FexEx literally get my stuff overnight the next day from 3000km away.

Conversely, I have hated UPS since around March when they have not been able to either
a) update the tracking without being full of crap and lying
b) delay stuff for days on end with no updates.
c) say stuff has not left the local depopt and then deliver it. To be fiair on this one, it was the first package they actually delivered on time!

I was at the point where if I was offered free shipping with UPS or pay to ship with someone else, I would pay. Most places don't do this though (that I know of).

I'd rate them in this order.
1. UPS. Decent service, usually no damaged packages.
2. USPS . Same reasons as #1.
3-49. Any company, individual, or animal other than FedEx.
50. FedEx. Just a terrible, arrogant delivery company. Takes no responsibility for their mistakes. Absolutely no integrity, or honesty with their drivers. They do have good lawyers though.

this has been my finding while dealing with them through my wedge debacle...i get that you have to deal with thousands(?) of these calls but the goal shouldn't be to get the customer off the line...there should be some genuine help involved.

For me:

1a. UPS. Always on time, tracking is accurate, almost never a damaged package.
1b. FedEx. Same as above, deliveries even sometimes arrive a day early. Tracking is not always quite as accurate as UPS though.
99999. USPS. Tracking system sucks and isn't updated promptly (if at all), have "lost" one of my packages recently and delivered my Theragun Mini shipment to my neighbor's house instead of mine. Fortunately the neighbor is honest and brought it over to me. I don't trust them and will pay extra if necessary for UPS or FedEx when I purchase something online, USPS is shiite.

UPS - sometimes delayed, especially since Covid. Did have 2 deliveries where flimsy boxes were torn up.
FedEx - on time, mostly
USPS - sucks since July. Took 5 days to get a 2 day priority box. That's not happened before. Guess the rumors are true

Last edited:
USPS has been a joke always delayed more times then I can count
UPS has damaged package twice and late
Fed ex is solid for the most part no real issues .
For that reason it’s my main shopping choice

This year FedEx has been crap. Their app never seems to be in order. Things route to weird places. Lots of changes in the delivery date. I've lost faith in them.

I haven't used UPS a ton the past year, but the guarantee with UPS is that the package will be great to crap. The box is always dented, smashed and torn. Last good club box I received, the top was missing. There was a little 1" flap that keep the golf club in, but otherwise nothing there.

USPS is slow, but they usually get it there on time and tracking updates are good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's just me but ups and the Amazon shipment love to drop my packages at the UPS store instead of my front door. Talk about an annoying trip to pick up stuff. Especially during COVID when more things are ordered.

We live in a rural area and UPS & FedEx are the most reliable. The post office uses a lot of contractors and that leads to pathetic service. We & our neighbors are constantly missing mail, package tracking says they were delivered, but not there. Can't tell you the number of times we've received 3rd and Final warning notices from vendors because the 1st two invoices never made it to us.

I think they're all about even here, and they've all gotten slower since covid began to shut things down.

I think they're all about even here, and they've all gotten slower since covid began to shut things down.
Yeah I agree with this... they all are pretty overwhelmed. I'm not sure how the model sustains. I ordered 3 things the other night. Deliveries in 3 different packages on 3 consecutive days. First one from the Amazon Prime truck, 2nd & 3rd from UPS.

I'm pretty lucky I guess. Never had anything stolen or truly damaged. A couple of beat up boxes but products were fine. Had one of the Amazon padded envelopes show up empty one time but that was on them not the parcel deliverer.

I do keep a close eye on the Amazon vans/trucks in town. They seem to like to do the wrong way on one way streets.

Regular mail is horrible around here. Priority still seems to be delivered.

It’s been several years now so I forget which carrier it was but I had a set of irons end up in Ontario....Canada. I live in Ontario OH, United States.

They then shipped them back to California where they started instead of the 4 hours away they were in Canada. Took like 3 weeks to get them.

They were labeled correctly with zip code and everything.

And as a “life’s irony” sort of thing, I posted above and look what is being advertised, lol.

E249C0E6-A832-4B3F-996F-3989831F3C95.jpeg

since my move last year I haven't really had any major issues with any of them. Seeing some slowness from USPS right now as they still haven't delivered a package of diapers that was supposed to be here, so I had to make an emergency store run last night. But overall things have been OK for the past year.

FedEx is completely awful. Never deliver on time and shipments with multiple packages never come together.
UPS actually delivers stuff on time
USPS is hit or miss.

Fed Ex has been great in my area. My stuff seems to show up a day early more often than not.

UPS no real issues most of the time but they have forgot to load delivery items on the truck.

USPS has been so so. Right now we have an airline pilot that was laid off due to Covid. I’ve talked to him a few times. Nice guy but he struggles at times. I try to give him a break as it’s obvious he was not trained. He is improving.

No issues with Fedex and UPS for the most part. I have had a UPS driver not deliver on an expected arrival date because I'm near the end of a route apparently and he/she ran out of time. So it's delivered the following day.

USPS is absolute garbage in my area. My neighborhood facebook group has someone posting almost daily that a package was delivered but wasn't in our cluster mailbox. I think either the driver is consistently stealing whatever she things she wants or she is delivering to the wrong homes and our neighbors are dishonest thieves. Most of the packages never show up. I've had 3 go missing over the past few years. The local police won't do anything because they push it off on the postal police and the postal police are worthless for this as well. I've also, more than once, had them mark something as delivered on my porch when it wasn't and I have a Ring doorbell camera. I have better luck with USPS by having items delivered to my work.

Amazon has zero issues in my area and I'd prefer they ship everything. Many packages now allow for GPS tracking of the driver so you know when a package is close, and most take photos showing the item dropped on your doorstep.

I have found all 3 are behind. What's really annoying is paying for idk what its called but a 3 day service to find it delivered in 5 days, like why am i paying for that? I know and you know your behind so what gives???

USPS-**** where i live and i am not far from them...cannot get things here on time for lack of trying. call and complain and the Post Master just tells me how good they have done instead of where my package is.
UPS_ Really good here and generally on time and in good shape
Fed EX- contract delivery people in unmarked trucks and can't get anything here without dents, holes in the boxes and or just bent boxes perios
HATE HOW some fed-ex gets passed off to the USPS for last stop delivery, generally extending it a day or two

I like USPS! If anything my packages tend to get delivered earlier with first class and priority. UPS is my least favorite. I don’t know why they even provide a delivery window, it’s like Whose Line is it Anyway where everything is made up and the points don’t matter.

Back