The Biggest Stakes

Nothing major since my first year out of high school playing on a league team. I was in the championship match and was able to defeat my opponent pretty handily. It was some of the most fun I have had playing golf. I didn't think about scores, just played each shot and it went about as good as it possibly could.

Other than that my brother and I play tournaments against a couple of our hometown "nemesis" every year. That is mostly pride, and tournament winnings, but we usually come out ahead.

Morgan cups

May not have been the biggest "prize" but there was alot on the line

#1. A multi-month match play competition. The stakes were my pride and needing to prove to myself that I could handle the format. It wasn't on my mind during the matches, but my place in the event was on my during the down times.

#2. I played in a member guest with my best friend. I knew that he really wanted to win badly. I was the lower cap, he was counting on me. My stakes were to see him happy. It was definitely on my mind and I completely choked.

Played for our club match play championship, and came out on top. Some of the best golf I've ever played was coming down the stretch in the last 3 stages of those matches. I like playing for money, but pride is a lot more fun to play for.

Club championships and of course THP Legacy was probably the biggest for me

It hasn't happened for me yet. But I'm hoping to have an experience in May at so cal am qualifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played in a ton of member/guest, club championships, etc & the Legacy was pretty big as well.

The stakes do cross my mind during the round. Sometimes it's fueled great play & sometimes it's led to timid play.

I really pressed at #TheGauntlet. I wanted that MVP so bad. I definitely thought about it during the round.

The last few holes when Donne and I had a chance to get half a point in the opening round at the Morgan Cup felt like the highest stakes in the world to me.

Back